What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our role in this whole thing....

From the article, I now understand my role in this whole thing, per the thread. Hawk is much more than just a simple coach, he is a life coach, and my ROLE is to listen to him. He knows best. Pump the pump.

Thats the spirit!!!!:thumbsup:

I am tired of hearing Hawk. Virtually everything he says sounds like a justification for pulling a big salary and being a flop at his primary job duty. I don't hate the guy, I'm just tired of the BS, just like I grew tired of my old secretary's non-stop excuses for why the job didn't get done.

Im not an admin here and if you think recruits dont read these sites, you're wrong.

I don't remember anyone saying that isn't true. I know as a fact that recruits and current players read these sites. I just won't believe that those recruits will choose against CU or those current players will transfer because of what is said on here.

I agree with the rules of keeping negative posts out of recruits threads, though. Negativity has no business in those threads.

Hey, all you recruits and their parents. Don't listen to these negative morons. I call them that lovingly and with all due respect to them. Remember, these are the same guys that wanted to get rid of the Rockie's owners and fire the general manager. The turn around begins next year. (I had promised not to be positive until Spring, but I had to make one exception.) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey all you recruits and their parents, I hope that you come here and become a Great Buff for us, but I know that my anonymous opinion on this message board will not influence your decision.

Hey all you recruits and their parents, I hope that you come here and become a Great Buff for us, but I know that my anonymous opinion on this message board will not influence your decision.
:lol:

Hey, all you recruits and their parents. Don't listen to these negative morons. I call them that lovingly and with all due respect to them. Remember, these are the same guys that wanted to get rid of the Rockie's owners and fire the general manager. The turn around begins next year. (I had promised not to be positive until Spring, but I had to make one exception.) :thumbsup:
this thread ****ing sucks.

DBT - you are pro supporting Hawk because anything else "hurts the program". However, by you and your ilk railing against the blue out and any form of protest, haven't you also ensured taht he will be here?

If the fans etc had stopped with that "support our team at all costs" bull****, Hawk would be gone because Benson would have KNOWN that he couldn't get away this his bull****. Instead, those fans provided him with an out. And now that out is that our program is almost certainly ****ed for ANOTHER ****ING YEAR. What would have been "best for the program" would ahve been to stop supporting hawk.

And by continuing to support hawk simply because he is the coach, you are giving benson the EXACT SAME OUT. If hawk delivers yet another sub-mediocre year, or, amazingly enough, actually scrapes enough luck together to make a bowl game, you will say we have to support him... and of course, that we are "getting better".

However, all this means is that there will once again be enough division to allow the administration to **** over athletics. You KNOW Hawk is a ****ty coach. Your support just hurts this program by giving an out to the ****ers who don't give a **** about it.

DBT - you are pro supporting Hawk because anything else "hurts the program". However, by you and your ilk railing against the blue out and any form of protest, haven't you also ensured taht he will be here?

If the fans etc had stopped with that "support our team at all costs" bull****, Hawk would be gone because Benson would have KNOWN that he couldn't get away this his bull****. Instead, those fans provided him with an out. And now that out is that our program is almost certainly ****ed for ANOTHER ****ING YEAR. What would have been "best for the program" would ahve been to stop supporting hawk.

And by continuing to support hawk simply because he is the coach, you are giving benson the EXACT SAME OUT. If hawk delivers yet another sub-mediocre year, or, amazingly enough, actually scrapes enough luck together to make a bowl game, you will say we have to support him... and of course, that we are "getting better".

However, all this means is that there will once again be enough division to allow the administration to **** over athletics. You KNOW Hawk is a ****ty coach. Your support just hurts this program by giving an out to the ****ers who don't give a **** about it.

:lol: like 3 people on this site have an opinion thats different than your "dont give any money until Hawkins is gone, he's ****, we'll never win another game" bull**** and you get pissed about it??? And for the record, thanks for updating everyone on whats best for the program!!!:rolleyes:

:lol: like 3 people on this site have an opinion thats different than your "dont give any money until Hawkins is gone, he's ****, we'll never win another game" bull**** and you get pissed about it??? And for the record, thanks for updating everyone on whats best for the program!!!:rolleyes:
you are right. Supporting Hawk is best for the program. :rolleyes:

you are right. Supporting Hawk is best for the program. :rolleyes:

As is suspending donations to a cash strapped program:wow::rolleyes: And lack of money is part of the reason Hawkins is here, seems like you guys are killing yourselves on this. I dont get it. I dont care either, think youre great fans and all that, I just dont get it.

And ps Snow, Ive never argued for anyone to support Hawk.

As is suspending donations to a cash strapped program:wow::rolleyes: And lack of money is part of the reason Hawkins is here, seems like you guys are killing yourselves on this. I dont get it. I dont care either, think youre great fans and all that, I just dont get it.

No, it isn't. Money was there to get rid of him. More money would have come in to help out the new coach and show the fans' happiness about the change.

ok. what do they do then? Cause you don't want us to support him, and you disagree on NOT support him.

Sort of gotta make a stand if you are gonna criticize someones pov.

No, it isn't. Money was there to get rid of him. More money would have come in to help out the new coach and show the fans' happiness about the change.

yes, it is.

money may have there through private donations, i dont know for sure, but, its the message that it would send to a cash strapped program.

yes, it is.

money may have there through private donations, i dont know for sure, but, its the message that it would send to a cash strapped program.

So part of the reason to keep Hawk was to help our financial situation? I'm not sure where they thought that would work.

ok. what do they do then? Cause you don't want us to support him, and you disagree on NOT support him.

Sort of gotta make a stand if you are gonna criticize someones pov.

I dont want you to do anything. i think ripping Hawkins EVERY post with nicknames and **** is ghey, but its just annoying. Not a huge deal. I wanted Hawkins gone too, and I dont understand why thats so easily forgotten.
Any post I make is not about Hawkins being our coach or anything else, short of I strongly disagree that he's dumb, or an asshole, or dbag, or a piece of ****, or anything else I read on here daily, its that Hawkins being reatained WAS the decision, so, I cant imagine we're going to make every post on this site a reference to that and how horrible it is until football season next year. Ive been proven wrong thus far.
What I do support and want everyone here to support is the University of Colorado. I can appreciate that we do that differently. To me, suspending financial help at this point makes no sense to me, extremely counter productive, but I know many smart, loyal fans who are doing this. This is a matter of opinion. I cant, however, appreciate getting ripped anytime someone says something in the neighborhood of positive. This "whoa is me" **** is getting pretty old. We were 3-9. We'll be back next year. Or we wont. And in that case we'll get a new coach:thumbsup:

Nothing I say or do has one iota of effect on decisions made by the administration. You are kidding, right. Where's the :wink2:? Anyway, my deal isn't about supporting Hawkins or not supporting. My deal is that the constant ripping of the program, Hawkins included, only hurts the program. I would have been happy to bring in a new staff. But we didn't do it and not because of me or anyone like me. I really doubt that the money was there to finish paying off the $3 million we owe GB, buy Hawkins and his staff out, AND have enough to offer a quality coach what it would have taken to bring him and an entirely new staff in. So, what do I do then, if all of that is true? Hold my breath until I turn powder blue? Also, I agree with Fanatic. What good vs harm does witholding money from the program do besides make an already cash strapped program more cash strapped? The AD supports a lot more student-athletes than just football. Why punish all the rest because you're pissed about the football program?

My biggest worry is that if Hawkins does not win next year recruiting will take an even bigger hit. And that is the biggest reason I would have liked to see a change. A new guy may have been able to buy some time and even bring in a decent class. Recruiting has me really worried, for sure. And the mismanagement of the administration is as much to blame as anything. They have almost ensured Hawkin's failure at this point, I'm afraid. I hope they have a plan and aren't just hoping things work out.

What they are doing is gambling that you guys are wrong and that Hawkins CAN actually coach. Because he'll have to do the coaching job of his life next year in order to pull this off. Deep down, I believe he does have it in him. That is the difference between me and you guys. You have absolutely no faith that he can. And you may be right. I don't know. But neither you nor I had any choice in the matter.

Last edited:
My deal is that the constant ripping of the program, Hawkins included, only hurts the program.
I agree with this. :yeahthat:

If you don't think recruits read the board and give any weight to what you say here, why would you think that constantly posting our coaches/program sucks would make Benson/DiStephano/Bohn listen?

They gave Hawkins another year, I will do what I can - what little that is - to help him be successful. That's my position.

I agree with this. :yeahthat:

If you don't think recruits read the board and give any weight to what you say here, why would you think that constantly posting our coaches/program sucks would make Benson/DiStephano/Bohn listen?

They gave Hawkins another year, I will do what I can - what little that is - to help him be successful. That's my position.

**** Hawkins and the horse he rode in on.

And if recruits are deciding what college to attend based upon what they read on internet message boards, **** them too.

People who think that the regents and university presidents make decisions based on loads of emails and internet board opinions are also misled.

Nothing I say or do has one iota of effect on decisions made by the administration. You are kidding, right. Where's the :wink2:? Anyway, my deal isn't about supporting Hawkins or not supporting. My deal is that the constant ripping of the program, Hawkins included, only hurts the program. I would have been happy to bring in a new staff. But we didn't do it and not because of me or anyone like me. I really doubt that the money was there to finish paying off the $3 million we owe GB, buy Hawkins and his staff out, AND have enough to offer a quality coach what it would have taken to bring him and an entirely new staff in. So, what do I do then, if all of that is true? Hold my breath until I turn powder blue? Also, I agree with Fanatic. What good vs harm does witholding money from the program do besides make an already cash strapped program more cash strapped? The AD supports a lot more student-athletes than just football. Why punish all the rest because you're pissed about the football program?

My biggest worry is that if Hawkins does not win next year recruiting will take an even bigger hit. And that is the biggest reason I would have liked to see a change. A new guy may have been able to buy some time and even bring in a decent class. Recruiting has me really worried, for sure. And the mismanagement of the administration is as much to blame as anything. They have almost ensured Hawkin's failure at this point, I'm afraid. I hope they have a plan and aren't just hoping things work out.

What they are doing is gambling that you guys are wrong and that Hawkins CAN actually coach. Because he'll have to do the coaching job of his life next year in order to pull this off. Deep down, I believe he does have it in him. That is the difference between me and you guys. You have absolutely no faith that he can. And you may be right. I don't know. But neither you nor I had any choice in the matter.

Great post DBT. You and I will be on different sides of the he can coach arguement but as you said, we do not have a choice at this point. I am going to be all over his ass next year if he does not win and win pretty big. With that said, I will be happy to see him win. I would love nothing more but just do not believe it. We will see.

Great post DBT. You and I will be on different sides of the he can coach arguement but as you said, we do not have a choice at this point. I am going to be all over his ass next year if he does not win and win pretty big. With that said, I will be happy to see him win. I would love nothing more but just do not believe it. We will see.
I think that can be said for all of us. Me included.

Back