What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU's new scoreboard

Mick Ronson

lamenting about our lack of one. from OUhoops.com, courtesy of Snr4Life. the circular thing is pretty cool. the Lloyd Noble Center is the same age as the CEC, maybe older. and by older, I mean cookie cutter multi-purpose arena built in the late 70's/early 80's. not old like Gallegher-Iba or Alllen FH.

]llodynoble.jpg

Last edited:
One of my biggest hopes is that Bzdelik can pull off a Lute Olsen style "Miracle in the Rockies" and build our MBB program to the point where we are able to afford stuff like that.

We really need the lighting upgrades in CEC that were promised... and we desperately need to get the practice facility built. People harp on coaching changes and buyouts, but an investment in facilities (basketball/volleyball practice, CEC upgrades, Dal Ward upgrades, Balch renovation, permanent indoor football practice facility, Folsom upgrades, etc.) will do a hell of a lot more for the success of our programs.

Mike Bohn told us (the combined spirit groups) last year in OKC that major upgrades to Coors (real video board and ribbon board) would be in by the start of the season. He later pushed that back to the start of conference play. I don't know what the deal is now but something isn't going according to plan. My guess is that it's a $ issue. If this isn't happening because they are trying to save money for the practice facility though, I would understand that. Also, from what he told us, he'd like to do what is pictured above. The only question was whether or not the building would be able to handle it from a structural standpoint.

i would prioritize the practice facility first. but, the torches and stuff are only "on" for about 1 minute total per game. i also have a secret theory desire that the lack of a center mount scoreboard makes a new gym more possible. but, like i say in another thread, the CEC is not so bad (except it looks like a bunker from the outside and parking/access to 36 seemed to have been a weird joke the designers played on the rest of us.

the other thing, for anyone who watched OOC games for Missouri (at their new arena) and OU and OSU.....they were half full at best. now conference play starts and attendance gets a boost. but, with games on TV, people don't want to drive an hour either way on a worknight in mid-game weeks when they can sit at home and get a new Domino's.

if i were building a new arena, i'd cap it at about 7,500 and push good sightlines and put my peeps right on the court.

what we've got is a multi-purpose arena built to see arena-rock bands like Boston and Aerosmith from a different era of music fandom and live music consumption. and host basketball games, too.

now, i also think it's weird that CU doesn't host more events at Folsom or the CEC. basically, you have these facilities that eat up campus space that are used maybe 30 days out of the year total.

Last edited:
I emailed Dave Plati about the scoreboards yesterday, and what he wrote back was that the video boards and ribbon boards are the next indoor project that they have planned, and that they should be up within the next two seasons, but this is all contingent on the practice facility being on schedule...

Back