What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

P12-B1G-ACC Alliance Impact On Basketball Scheduling

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
I'm more excited for the basketball part of the alliance (could still fall apart) than the football part because we would be seeing those matchups on the hardwood sooner.

I wonder who everyone wants to see CU play from the ACC and B1G?

I guarantee the attendance and tv pull benefit tremendously from a new scheduling philosophy.

30 games
- 22 conference (play everyone twice)
- 2 B1G (Home/Away)
- 2 ACC (Home/Away)
- 3 Early season tourney
- 1 Home warmup (I.e., DU/UNC)

Every game would be marketable & a winning record gets you firmly on the Bubble.

I'm stoked to see more quality opponents come to Boulder! I'm not looking forward to seeing CU scheduled to play VT or Wisconsin.

I think CU should play Minnesota...we might find another good local kid from there.

When Maryland was in the ACC, their fans seemed similar to our fans while we were in the Big 8/12.

Penn State because both CU & PSU were the 11th schools of their conferences.

We should go to Wake Forest and do a football home & home just to thank them for giving us the opening to hire Tad Boyle.

North Carolina owes us a trip to Boulder since their football team backed out of a series when Dan Hawkins was coach.

Sorry Hokie...I still want to see CU play VT in any sport. I don't feel the same urge towards Wisconsin though.

I'm sure @ahoelsken would want Michigan State so Chip the mascot can relentlessly pummel Mel Tucker at midcourt.

If this alliance can elevate the status of college hoops, while simultaneously eroding the status of the SEC, that would be a very good thing. Mid season cross conference hoops matchups could be great for the game itself, and help elevate the value of the game on a broader scale.

If this alliance can elevate the status of college hoops, while simultaneously eroding the status of the SEC, that would be a very good thing. Mid season cross conference hoops matchups could be great for the game itself, and help elevate the value of the game on a broader scale.
I really like the idea of relative conference strength not being set in stone based on how teams are playing in November & December. Some adjustments in Jan/Feb is a good thing and will be a lot of fun games.

I think CU should play Minnesota...we might find another good local kid from there.

When Maryland was in the ACC, their fans seemed similar to our fans while we were in the Big 8/12.

Penn State because both CU & PSU were the 11th schools of their conferences.

We should go to Wake Forest and do a football home & home just to thank them for giving us the opening to hire Tad Boyle.

North Carolina owes us a trip to Boulder since their football team backed out of a series when Dan Hawkins was coach.

Sorry Hokie...I still want to see CU play VT in any sport. I don't feel the same urge towards Wisconsin though.

I'm sure @ahoelsken would want Michigan State so Chip the mascot can relentlessly pummel Mel Tucker at midcourt.

**** that I want to hear buff nation boo his ass

Back