What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC-12 2016 Coaching run down. Hot Seat or Not.

Holy hell. We haven't even lost yet and half the board is already backing off the wildly popular notion from a few months ago that this was a bowl game or bust year for MM. (Not BG who has been consistent throughout.)

I think there is a difference between acknowledging mikmac may get another year without a bowl, and disagreeing with that outcome.

Holy hell. We haven't even lost yet and half the board is already backing off the wildly popular notion from a few months ago that this was a bowl game or bust year for MM. (Not BG who has been consistent throughout.)

The recruiting kool aid is tasty from what I hear. Chev brought a new flavor no one here has ever had before.

The CU curse will have MM winning one conference game this season. We also end up losing Chev and Leavitt but for some reason hold on to MM.

I haven't had the latest koolaid mix :)

Anderson is a really good coach. If he gets the time, and he probably will, he will have the OSU ship on track. Shaw is one of the best in the country.

This is a good of a spot as any to post this. Close game records of every coach in FBS football. Now I expect coaches of power house teams to have a higher win percentage. Some of the close game their teams find themselves in are because they were sleepwalking against weaker foes, and they have an extra gear or two they can kick up to get the win. Even still, MM record in close games is bad. Amongst coaches that have at least 15 career close games, he is third worst behind Georgia St's and New Mexico St's coaches.

This is a good of a spot as any to post this. Close game records of every coach in FBS football. Now I expect coaches of power house teams to have a higher win percentage. Some of the close game their teams find themselves in are because they were sleepwalking against weaker foes, and they have an extra gear or two they can kick up to get the win. Even still, MM record in close games is bad. Amongst coaches that have at least 15 career close games, he is third worst behind Georgia St's and New Mexico St's coaches.
no, no ,no. There is absolutely no conclusion that can be drawn from losing almost every close game but that you stand on the very brink of unbridled success. It absolutely could not be that managing to tank every close game means anything else. It is unpossible.

Very interesting stat. It is somewhat a semi-quantitative stat. But in most cases the people who I feel are better coaches seem to rise to the top in the category. It appears if you are .600 or better you are doing pretty good. Having your team believe they can reach down and find that something extra at crunch time.

Back