What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Division Races

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
North

The race is down to Oregon and Stanford again. Oregon controls their destiny this year however. If Oregon wins out, then the North title is theirs. Due to the tiebreaker though if they should drop a game to Arizona or OSU then the cardinal will represent the North (assuming they beat Cal)

Oregon 6-1 (Remaining: Zona, Beavs)
Stanford 6-2 (Remaining: Cal)

If WSU can win one more game (Utah,UW), then 5 of the 6 north teams will be bowling.

South

Seems to always be a bit more exciting in this division.

ASU owns the tiebreaker over USC and a win this weekend against the Bruins seals the south division for them. If the Bruins win, then the south title will come down to the big battle in LA, assuming USC wins next weekend.

ASU 6-1 (Remaining: UCLA, UofA)
UCLA 5-2 (Remaining: ASU, USC)
USC 5-2 (Remaining: CU, UCLA)

No teams in the south have been eliminated from Bowl eligibility. CU and Utah being the only ones to not grab it yet. Both teams are at 4-6 and depending on how games go this weekend, could set up a desperate game for after thanksgiving.

I predict the title game to be at Autzen again between Oregon and ASU, since both are in the driver seat, needing only to win their next game to clinch it.

Also CU could play spoiler two weeks in a row. May just be the emotional boost we need to pull off a couple unexpected wins.

Last edited:
It would be really exciting if both Utah and CU wins, and that final game in Utah is for bowl eligibility. You used the right words to describe that game - DESPERATE

Unfortunately I don't think CU wins this weekend.

I think I heard that the tiebreaker rules would put Oregon at Arizona State in the P12C game if those two teams make it at 8-1 in league play.

I think I heard that the tiebreaker rules would put Oregon at Arizona State in the P12C game if those two teams make it at 8-1 in league play.

I thought the decision went, conference record then overall record? Oregon would finish 11-1 and ASU 10-2

EDIT: Nik here is the criteria. Not sure what a "BCS component is"

Site selection criteria[edit]

The site of the Pac-12 Championship Game will be the home stadium of the division champion with the best overall conference record. In the event that the two division champions are tied, then the head-to-head record shall be used as the tiebreaker. Should they remain tied after that tiebreaker, then a BCS component will be used.

Last edited:
As long as the game isn't in Palo Alto ever again.

That was the most embarrassing thing in the history of CCGs, imo.

I'm worried that if the 'Furd "fans" do that again, Scott's going to get rid of the home field deal and go with a neutral site from then on.

All of us who dream of a Pac-12 CCG in Folsom do not want Stanford to ever get a chance at hosting again.

Back