What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Expansion Hasn't Been Approved

Very misleading article. The guy quoted doesn't have a vote, just an opinion. I'm not worried.

Very misleading article. The guy quoted doesn't have a vote, just an opinion. I'm not worried.

"The chancellors and presidents still have to give final approval. Let’s hope they stop this freight train in its tracks."

opinion yes, but I was unaware it had not been voted on yet....
What if UCLA votes no ?
I'm sure everything will be fine or it wouldn't have gotten this far in the process.... it just seems that nothing good has happened to CU the last
eight plus years so I'm just a bit nervous until I know the votes are official.

Last edited:
I think they have to go through with it now because they have already invited us. If they take back their offer the conference get so much bad press it would be a nightmare. This guy is just a PAC-10 homer who doesn't want to change with the times. He thinks the California schools are better than everybody else which they aren't. He's just worried because he knows that Utah already has a good program in place and knows that Colorado has the potential to be great again with the right coach and doesn't want to see UCLA continue to SUCK!! - If it were up to him, I'm sure that he would have preferred to keep it the PAC-8 -- UCLA's version of Buddy Jones. I will love to send both Mr. Young and Mr. Dickey an email when we beat Cal this year and stomp on UCLA when we get to the PAC.

The only way it possibly gets voted down is if the t.v. contracts don't turn out as promised and it is in fact a "net loss" as the author opines. I wouldn't be all that concerned if I were you.

Nevermind, the twitter link was weird.

Anyway, its the opinion of someone who really doesn't matter.

Last edited:
That article is laughable. The sentiment of Chuck Young is exactly why they brought in Scott to lead the conference out of the dark ages. I will lose zero seconds of sleep over this.

Last edited:
That article is laughable. The sentiment of Chuck Young is exactly why the brought in Scott to lead the conference out of the dark ages. I will lose zero seconds of sleep over this.

top to bottom, ACC is stronger academically than the Pac. maybe even the Big 10, too. like i used to post, Iowa State is a better school than half the Pac. Get over it Chuck.

This is serious! Does anyone know Judith Albino's postion? :rolling_eyes:

Top to bottom, Big Ten wins this race. Their worst school, MSU, would be middle of the pack in the Pac 10. MSU would also be like #3 in the Big 12.

ACC is very strong at the top, but has some dumbo schools that water down the average.

top to bottom, ACC is stronger academically than the Pac. maybe even the Big 10, too. like i used to post, Iowa State is a better school than half the Pac. Get over it Chuck.

Top to bottom, Big Ten wins this race. Their worst school, MSU, would be middle of the pack in the Pac 10. MSU would also be like #3 in the Big 12.

ACC is very strong at the top, but has some dumbo schools that water down the average.

Clemson, sure. reason i pick ACC over the Big 10 is that take a school like CU.....doubled in size like Ohio State or Minnesota with 50,000+ students and grant CU over 30 years of doubled endowments, alums, etc.....and i think the Big 10 benefits here in a way that schools like CU, MU, or even Wake Forest don't. part of the same reason ATM is highly ranked, because they have a hue endowment and 50 g students.....as a professor type....i can assure you ATM is not seen as a destination job from an "academics" standpoint.

Fair enough, it's fun to debate. The Big Ten has solid depth, but the Pac and ACC are much stronger at the top. It's embarrassing how bad the Big 12 is... good riddance.

Clemson, sure. reason i pick ACC over the Big 10 is that take a school like CU.....doubled in size like Ohio State or Minnesota with 50,000+ students and grant CU over 30 years of doubled endowments, alums, etc.....and i think the Big 10 benefits here in a way that schools like CU, MU, or even Wake Forest don't. part of the same reason ATM is highly ranked, because they have a hue endowment and 50 g students.....as a professor type....i can assure you ATM is not seen as a destination job from an "academics" standpoint.

Piggybacking on Mick's point, another factor in the US News ranking that hurts CU is state funding. Not that they are bad schools but look at how may Univ. of Cal. system schools are in the top rankings. California as a state give tons of support to its state universities. Colorado - not so much. So our ranking slides again this year thanks in no small part to Douglas Bruce.

jimmy... is that you

Jimmy 1 minute ago
Uhm, really?

Can anyone say "lack of journalistic integrity?"

Did you miss the press conferences? You know, they were held back in June when Colorado and Utah signed official invites to join the Pac-10? You know, invites that were already approved and issued by the chancellors and presidents?

What do you really do for a living? You can't tell me (or convince me) that you are a full-time sports writer. Am I reading a Bleacher Report article? Oh, funny, you got me. This is a Bleacher Report article.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/Di...not-all-positive-101138474.html#ixzz0x9qIDJSM

The writer has been covering Bay Area sports since I was 9! :scared2:

images

The writer has been covering Bay Area sports since I was 9! :scared2:

images

I heard the Pachycephalosaurus' had a great team that year. They beat the Dimetrodon's by 21 in the Great Dino bowl.

How does he figure the Pac-10 has a "geographical sense" when it already spans from southern edge of the country all the way up to practically the Canadian border? And I suppose the ACC has a geographical sense too? :rolling_eyes:

One valid point he has (although this has nothing to do with the expansion approval) is that if Scott truly wants so market the Eastern part of the country then they need to stop scheduling these late-night games.

How does he figure the Pac-10 has a "geographical sense" when it already spans from southern edge of the country all the way up to practically the Canadian border? And I suppose the ACC has a geographical sense too? :rolling_eyes:

One valid point he has (although this has nothing to do with the expansion approval) is that if Scott truly wants so market the Eastern part of the country then they need to stop scheduling these late-night games.

I don't think old people realize that we have these new vehicles called planes now-a-days. I understand being close to the schools in your conference when you are bussing around but the distance doesn't really matter anymore.

I don't think old people realize that we have these new vehicles called planes now-a-days. I understand being close to the schools in your conference when you are bussing around but the distance doesn't really matter anymore.

this... + its like an hour further by plane.... between SLC and denver

Yeah that! ****ing old people.

Right, and like I was saying, Arizona up to Washington isn't exactly an afternoon bus trip. The only major conferences that make geographical sense anymore are the Big 10 and the SEC, and maybe the Big 12.

Fair enough, it's fun to debate. The Big Ten has solid depth, but the Pac and ACC are much stronger at the top. It's embarrassing how bad the Big 12 is... good riddance.

when Baylor is your token "private"....compared to Vandy, Duke, Stanford or N'Western....not too good. Baylor is closer to U of Denver in terms of admissions than N'Western. having taught few classes there, people go to DU because they have money and didn't get into to top schools. Baylor isn't even the 3rd best school in Texas.

for the population, Colorado has some good schools. CU, CC, DU are top US News types. Mines is good at what it does, AFA.

News flash Merriwether Lewis, SLC and Boulder are both closer to Pullman or Seattle than either Arizona school, and it's not close. This entire article reads like a couple old farts bitching about how much better the world was in their day. I hear this guy is also petitioning the NCAA to ban the forward pass.

Back