What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 in the Post-Season

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Washington kicked things off on Tuesday night in the NIT with a 107-102 win over Long Beach State.

That's the only Pac-12 program playing outside the NCAAT.

Thursday games (NCAAT):

(8) Colorado vs (9) Connecticut, 11:30 on TNT
(14) Fresno State vs (3) Utah, 5:30 on TruTV
(11) Wichita State vs (6) Arizona, 7:20 on TNT
(9) Providence vs (8) USC, 7:50 on TBS

You know it's tourney time when you start the annual quest to find TruTV on your channel lineup.

Wow, it's been 20 years since a Pac 12 team won the tournament, and 8 years since there's been a team to the Final 4.

A couple of potential matchups I'm looking forward to...Oklahoma/Oregon and Utah/Seton Hall. I actually think Zona could be a sleeper final 4 pick, but no way am I picking them.

I could see the Pac having a tough go of it overall despite generous seeding for a handful of squads. We'll see. Right off the bat, three of us are stuck as 7-8 seeds which makes surviving the first weekend a major challenge. Arizona has a tough go of it with Wichita and Miami. Seton Hall is as hot as anyone. Oregon has the most favorable bracket of any 1 seed, but they'd bette be damn careful with St. Joes. Altman doesn't have a great track record in the dance. I think Cal is a seed too high and Maryland has underachieved, but the Terps are capable of making the Final Four.

Last edited:
Id be very surprised if anyone except Oregon makes it to the Elite 8.

If teams aren't careful, it could be only Oregon left by the Sweet 16. I don't think that will happen, but I'm honestly not extremely high on Utah...and Zona and Cal will have their hands full. I think USC and OSU get bounced out in the first round.

If teams aren't careful, it could be only Oregon left by the Sweet 16. I don't think that will happen, but I'm honestly not extremely high on Utah...and Zona and Cal will have their hands full. I think USC and OSU get bounced out in the first round.

I have Utah losing to Zags in round of 32; USC and OSU losing in first round. Cal and Zona are wild cards to me...I honestly think that Cal is one of the most talented teams in the country. I hesitate to go against sheer talent or great coaches, so I actually have Cal going far. ... ...but I also have CU beating KU, because **** KU

I have Utah losing to Zags in round of 32; USC and OSU losing in first round. Cal and Zona are wild cards to me...I honestly think that Cal is one of the most talented teams in the country. I hesitate to go against sheer talent or great coaches, so I actually have Cal going far. ... ...but I also have CU beating KU, because **** KU

Cal is one of the most talented, no doubt. However, they're likely meeting one of the few teams that's more talented: Maryland. Cal certainly looked encouraging down the stretch, but I am still a bit weary of how young they are. As we all know, this tournament is a different beast in many ways

Cal is one of the most talented, no doubt. However, they're likely meeting one of the few teams that's more talented: Maryland. Cal certainly looked encouraging down the stretch, but I am still a bit weary of how young they are. As we all know, this tournament is a different beast in many ways

It's been a strange season. KU is an overall #1 despite it possibly being Self's least talented squad. Everywhere you look at the top seeds and the teams most often cited as the biggest threats to win the Dance, you pretty much see a team led by a prominent senior rather than by underclassmen destined for the NBA Lottery & 1st round. Is March going to be when some of these teams with spectacular talent like Cal clicks and wins the whole thing? It's very possible. When they're right, I don't know if anyone can beat that team. When they blew CU out in Berkeley I don't think any team in the nation could have beaten them that night.

My suspicion is that a team like Cal is going to catch fire and steal this thing. Teams with top NBA prospects usually win this tournament.

P.S. This also makes other Pac-12 teams very dangerous since they have freshmen who can absolutely catch fire. Oregon's Dorsey. Arizona's Trier. Oregon State's Thompson. USC's Boatwright. CU's the one Pac-12 squad that is built more like the KU's with non-lottery veteran reliance.

Wichita is 9th in Kenpom. Arizona got a brutal draw. The entire south is brutal, and for some reason, has 3 Pac teams. The top of the Carolina bracket may be better, but Wichita is tremendous as a play in 11, and Hawaii and South Dakota St aren't slouches. I have Wichita in the elite 8. I'll miss watching Van Vleet and Baker play college basketball.

Read an article saying the middle of the pac 12 and big 12 are more than likely overrated but they are still strong at the top. I assume that means Oregon Utah cal and Arizona are ranked fine. I think the pac 12 will do what they have done the last couple years. Most teams win first round and they get a decent amount into the sweet 16 but nothing much after that.

Wichita is 9th in Kenpom. Arizona got a brutal draw. The entire south is brutal, and for some reason, has 3 Pac teams. The top of the Carolina bracket may be better, but Wichita is tremendous as a play in 11, and Hawaii and South Dakota St aren't slouches. I have Wichita in the elite 8. I'll miss watching Van Vleet and Baker play college basketball.

Our bracket is ridiculous. Honestly I could see anyone 1-11 making the sweet 16 and anyone 1-6 making the final 4.

Ding ding. I was nice enough to say "I don't think that will happen" so I wouldn't get tarred and feathered.

Pretty much an embarrassment at this point. I'm not sure USC, OSU, or CU belonged in the tourney. There will be ramifications next year.

Pretty much an embarrassment at this point. I'm not sure USC, OSU, or CU belonged in the tourney. There will be ramifications next year.

Meh. The 8-9 game is a 50-50 proposition. CU made a game of it down to the final minute. 32 teams don't make it past the first round. The outcome was sad, but CU belonged.

The key to getting a ticket next year comes down to scheduling and winning quality OOC games on top of holding home court and picking up a few W's on roadies.

Meh. The 8-9 game is a 50-50 proposition. CU made a game of it down to the final minute. 32 teams don't make it past the first round. The outcome was sad, but CU belonged.

The key to getting a ticket next year comes down to scheduling and winning quality OOC games on top of holding home court and picking up a few W's on roadies.
When is next year's BB schedule announced?

When is next year's BB schedule announced?
I'm not sure.
The 2015-2016 MBB season tickets went on sale May 8th last year. One of the threads indicated the women's schedule finalized in mid July. Seems like filling in those last few slots can drag on well past the season tickets or sold.

There are examples all over the brackets of teams getting bounced that should not have lost. The Pac has had a rough tourney but next year will be judged on the games played. I hope that the Pac performs well in the non conference next year and that CU finishes in the top 4. That will make the decision for the Tourney Committee easy when it comes to CU next year. I think CU will battle it out for a conf title next year.

Wish we'd get a Pac-12 vs _______ challenge going. It would be a great way to prove ourselves. Once again, though, we're seemingly the odd man out while the ACC/B1G and SEC/BigXII goes on. I don't care who it's against, find a decent conference and get it going. CU, in particular, would benefit from being locked into one of these and drawing a decent opponent to Boulder.

Wish we'd get a Pac-12 vs _______ challenge going. It would be a great way to prove ourselves. Once again, though, we're seemingly the odd man out while the ACC/B1G and SEC/BigXII goes on. I don't care who it's against, find a decent conference and get it going. CU, in particular, would benefit from being locked into one of these and drawing a decent opponent to Boulder.
I'd love this. the issue is, who's left?

I think the Pac should purse such a deal with both the WCC and the American where only each of their top 6 from the year before participate. Yes, it's picking up leftovers, but it's going one up over the other four. The only other real option is the all-Catholic Big East -- hard to imagine the Pac going there.

Back