What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC-12 logo to be unveiled on March 16

unfortunately she's in the minority.

tumblr_lgouoqLmm21qfqttvo1_500.jpg

that's prolly more like it

This might make myself look bad, but i'm a student at Cal and was part of the commercial shoot. all the "students" from the Pac-12 schools are Cal students. Since the conference offices are in Walnut Creek, CA (an East Bay city not far from Berkeley), I guess it was just easiest/cheapest for the conference to film the whole thing at one school and use Cal players instead of the costs involved in traveling to all 12 schools to do a little bit at each place, or fly everyone to one location.
My photo hasn't been released yet in the "countdownto12" twitter thing. I'm hoping I didn't get left on the cutting room floor.
Hook set.
:sorry: I figured they were all actors.
Line, Sinker. Well done.
Nope, Cal student-athletes mainly. No worries though. It's a fact of the school that we don't have the most attractive student population unfortunately.
First Hint.

unfortunately she's in the minority.

tumblr_lgouoqLmm21qfqttvo1_500.jpg

that's prolly more like it

Second Hint.

Whichever Allbuffer did this, well done. Dply still feels guilty. :lol:

that is not me. i'm an asu football player in the video. what I thought was funny when i saw all the photos so far is that the black girl tagged in the post with USCAthletics is wearing a Stanford jersey behind the sign, but i guess they just messed up and assumed the cardinal jersey was USC. similarly for the dude with the beaverathletics tag, he's got a Arizona basketball jersey on.

Thinking of what gobears had to say, it's of little wonder those Cal students felt strange doing those photos...rep to the students who did the UCLA, USC, and Furd shoots...that's messed up. :lol:

And if you want to see all the photos in case those four disappear for some stupid reason, they are at http://twitpic.com/tag/countdownto12

Thinking of what gobears had to say, it's of little wonder those Cal students felt strange doing those photos...rep to the students who did the UCLA, USC, and Furd shoots...that's messed up. :lol:

And if you want to see all the photos in case those four disappear for some stupid reason, they are at http://twitpic.com/tag/countdownto12

It was definitely hardest to get people to put on the Stanford stuff. Those who showed up last basically got stuck with it, others had choices and chose other schools that they maybe had some other allegiance to. I was actually wearing an ASU hoodie that day (life long Sun Devils fan, my dad played there back in the day) so it was no problem for me to put the jersey on. I actually sent a photo of me in the jersey to my parents and they got a kick out of it.

It was definitely hardest to get people to put on the Stanford stuff. Those who showed up last basically got stuck with it, others had choices and chose other schools that they maybe had some other allegiance to. I was actually wearing an ASU hoodie that day (life long Sun Devils fan, my dad played there back in the day) so it was no problem for me to put the jersey on. I actually sent a photo of me in the jersey to my parents and they got a kick out of it.

Welcome to the board...one more thing...we are looking forward to whipping you on September 10th...boy we CU fans were embarrassed from losing 52-7...but it started the countdown to firing a sucky coach. :lol:

please tell me someone wiped their ass with a nasty red stanfurd jersey.

Out of curiosity why are they unveiling this thing on the 16th? Doesn't it seem like it will get lost in the news cycle of all the tourney coverage...or are the Pac 10 teams in the tourney going to debut the emblem on their tourney jerseys?

This might make myself look bad, but i'm a student at Cal and was part of the commercial shoot. all the "students" from the Pac-12 schools are Cal students. Since the conference offices are in Walnut Creek, CA (an East Bay city not far from Berkeley), I guess it was just easiest/cheapest for the conference to film the whole thing at one school and use Cal players instead of the costs involved in traveling to all 12 schools to do a little bit at each place, or fly everyone to one location.
My photo hasn't been released yet in the "countdownto12" twitter thing. I'm hoping I didn't get left on the cutting room floor.

We've learned a valuable lesson here. Never send the fugly student athletes of the cal athletic department to do the job of Flat Stanley.

flat_stanley_hollywood.jpg

01_flat_stanley_at_the_beach_march_.jpg

flat-stanley-has-an-umbrella-263x300.jpg

2342343736_bc717dce76.jpg

Flat Stanley on Boulder Creek farts in the Pac12 logo committee's general direction for not spending $750K on the rebranding campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the marketing from the Pac-12. Not only are they making a deal out of a minor logo change, they're doing it in a fun way and actually using twitter. This is a very good sign, folks.

I love the marketing from the Pac-12. Not only are they making a deal out of a minor logo change, they're doing it in a fun way and actually using twitter. This is a very good sign, folks.

This is undoubtedly not the "can't quite get numerically correct big 12." Or the couldn't think of anything better than Legends/Leaders conference. I've been impressed with their use of social media usage, not to mention broadcasting their entire playoff series on youtube. Should be interesting to see what they do going forward.

I'm pretty sure we could have faxed the PAC 12 a picture of one of our athletes or even used the new fangled interwebs instead of having some dirty Cal hippy as a stand in.

I'm pretty sure we could have faxed the PAC 12 a picture of one of our athletes or even used the new fangled interwebs instead of having some dirty Cal hippy as a stand in.

And had the usage of random Colorado athletes been a priority, instead of the the obvious priority of just getting kids from the nearest school who were college age in gear from all the schools, I'm sure they would have found a way to do that.

I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to find any hippies in Boulder, so that's a good point as well.

Kudos to Scott and team on this. I'm actually sort of excited to see what it is going to look like, and getting me excited about a new conference logo is a pretty impressive feat.

Pac-10 tweet said that it should be unveiled this morning.

They started tweeting all this stuff early this month which would have given CU time to paint the actual logo on the CEC floor for tonight's game. They were showing off the new Pac-10 logos being on the UW court and being sewen to UO's new turf a couple months before the new Pac-10 logo was put into use by the conference.

I did put "Pac-10 to unveil Pac-12 logo" and this thread came out on top of Google. Nicely done fellas!

Back