What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I see UO, UW and Stanford bolting with ND to the Big 10, leaving CU to play powerhouse schools like SDSU, Fresno and UNLV. The PAC is dead, not leaving for slightly better Big 12 competition would be a monumental mistake. If those three schools leave the PAC, the PAC is the MWC - at best.
That’s why there is now first mover advantage to B12 for CU.

Stay in P12 for 15M? Go to WAC? Join ACC? Go Indy? Beg B12 for 35M as late comer? Or go to B1G for 1/2 share at 50M? Maybe I missed some.
Yeah don't you think there have been conversations along those lines between Kevin Warren and Nike U?

Notre Dame says **** it, throws the Pac on its back, and helps get them a life preserver deal to help them stay afloat, and somehow gets into that third spot behind the SEC and the B1G. CU and ND become rivals after a couple “Remember the 90/91 Orange Bowl” games. Jerdough’s visions come true. Kids like this new heated Buffs/Irish matchup, and come to Boulder. CU admin gets what they want with students that would go to ND (or Stanford, or Michigan, or…), the AD starts seeing the athletes needed to compete at a playoff contender level. By 2030 +/- 3 years, The Buffs are back!

Disappointed Paul Rudd GIF

Yeah don't you think there have been conversations along those lines between Kevin Warren and Nike U?
Maybe. But Warren is in catbird seat. He’s leaking selective info. He already knows they don’t move the needle at 100M. Said such.

Why act now before Fox negotiations when you can get them later at a discount after P12 implodes. Gives him a chance to put into contract that all existing members will be made while and no dilutions with additions. Keeps his original conference happy, keeps USC and UCLA at double the rate of other possible west coast additions and gives him an “excuse” for not being able to give a full share to the new four.

So, yes, I see UO going for this. Other options are abysmal as noted.

Maybe. But Warren is in catbird seat. He’s leaking selective info. He already knows they don’t move the needle at 100M. Said such.

Why act now before Fox negotiations when you can get them later at a discount after P12 implodes. Gives him a chance to put into contract that all existing members will be made while and no dilutions with additions. Keeps his original conference happy, keeps USC and UCLA at double the rate of other possible west coast additions and gives him an “excuse” for not being able to give a full share to the new four.

So, yes, I see UO going for this. Other options are abysmal as noted.
Yeah. Bob Thompson went on Canzano's radio show and said he thought Oregon was worth $40M alone and UW $35M IIRC. Oh no question they're going for it-but I think the idea they don't get into the Big 10 at all right now isn't that far fetched.

UW/UO are the only two of the four you named who I think would take B12 invites. I don't see the administrations at Stanford and Cal going for that-I think them working an arrangement out with say the WCC for their non-rev stuff while going indy in football is a lot more likely than either of them joining the Big 12.
I think you struggle with reading comprehension. He is saying if the 4C schools go to the Big 12, the B1G will likely come for the “leftovers” of UW/OR/Cal/Stanford at discounts.

My source on this is their wiki page, but all 9 schools who will be left in that league after BYU joins the B12 do have religious affiliations. To me, it works because that league doesn't play football. Not only that, but they both compete in sports the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation offers. That might be an easier pill for Cal/Stanford admins to swallow because the MWC would likely want them in football too.

Don’t think they go to the MWC either. WCC is possible but I don’t see the fit for Cal there so that is why I brought up the Big West which is known as the California Bus Conference or something even if they have Hawaii in the conference.

That’s also an option for SDSU and Boise State if they want to go independent in football too. Given BYU’s success, they are definitely checking into that. BSU ain’t happy with that MWC deal.

Yeah. Bob Thompson went on Canzano's radio show and said he thought Oregon was worth $40M alone and UW $35M IIRC. Oh no question they're going for it-but I think the idea they don't get into the Big 10 at all right now isn't that far fetched.
I'm very confused. I've been told:

- UW is worth $35M.
- UW is worth more than CU.
- The Big 12 has invited CU.
- The Big 12 would pay CU around $50M.

So, allegedly, each of the current Big 12 members is willing to lose $1-$2M per year X4 to bring in the 4C schools?

Either CU and the other Pac-12 schools are worth a lot more than being reported or the Big 12 deal is going to pay a lot less than being reported or the Big 12 members don't care about maximizing media money for themselves.

Something is off with what's been reported.

I'm very confused. I've been told:

- UW is worth $35M.
- UW is worth more than CU.
- The Big 12 has invited CU.
- The Big 12 would pay CU around $50M.

So, allegedly, each of the current Big 12 members is willing to lose $1-$2M per year X4 to bring in the 4C schools?

Either CU and the other Pac-12 schools are worth a lot more than being reported or the Big 12 deal is going to pay a lot less than being reported or the Big 12 members don't care about maximizing media money for themselves.

Something is off with what's been reported.
By reported, I assume you are talking about random Twitter speculation and hot air from people like canzano.

some folks find it therapeutic to spill their angst and vent. it is a part of the grieving process. this thread is here for you.

*become a member so the mods can get their own "therapy"...

SIM (sorry if Miami)

In a recently published article from CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd, Dodd states that the Big 12 is positioned well with regards to conference realignment.

“The numbers look like they favor us,” one Big 12 AD told CBS Sports. “Not by a huge amount. This is not like comparing Texas to Texas State. But there seems to be a noticeable difference.”

That “noticeable difference” might be enough for some the remaining Pac-12 schools to look to the Big 12, especially if the offer from ESPN isn’t significantly improved.

link

Below is an interview with former Fox Sports President Bob Thompson that was pretty interesting. You can listen but the key takeaways that I found were as follows:

1. Oregon is valuable, but not that valuable because of household size (“Oregon just not that big”)
2. Doesn’t seem that UW, OU, Furd, and Cal would be accretive to Big Ten
3. Thinks PAC 12 and Big 12 probably end up in the same place revenue wise if things stay as they are
4. He mentioned all the same targets SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, Boise, but seemed lukewarm beyond SDSU.
5. PAC 12 could try to snag Houston, SMU briefly mentioned.
6. Four corner schools would be attractive to Big 12 but no need to jump now

This was not mentioned, but with the combination of household size, regional proximity, academics, CU could’ve been a lot more attractive but lack of success on the field has just killed us.

Below is an interview with former Fox Sports President Bob Thompson that was pretty interesting. You can listen but the key takeaways that I found were as follows:

1. Oregon is valuable, but not that valuable because of household size (“Oregon just not that big”)
2. Doesn’t seem that UW, OU, Furd, and Cal would be accretive to Big Ten
3. Thinks PAC 12 and Big 12 probably end up in the same place revenue wise if things stay as they are
4. He mentioned all the same targets SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, Boise, but seemed lukewarm beyond SDSU.
5. PAC 12 could try to snag Houston, SMU briefly mentioned.
6. Four corner schools would be attractive to Big 12 but no need to jump now

This was not mentioned, but with the combination of household size, regional proximity, academics, CU could’ve been a lot more attractive but lack of success on the field has just killed us.

The pressure is on. Everything points to CU being one of the most valuable schools in the country after we get past the blue blood super elites. But that's only true if the Buffs are winning enough to be respected.

if we're averaging 7+ wins a year, every conference will want CU. We have to become that in the coming decade or we'll piss it all away and get relegated to the 2nd tier.

Last edited:
The pressure is on. Everything points to CU being one the most valuable schools in the country after we get past the blue blood super elites. But that's only true if the Buffs are winning enough to be respected.

if we're averaging 7+ wins a year, every conference will want CU. We have to become that in the coming decade or we'll piss it all away and get relegated to the 2nd tier.
This.

And unless someone above Phil lights a fire under his ass or simply fires him and replaces him with someone better, it simply will not happen.

The pressure is on. Everything points to CU being one the most valuable schools in the country after we get past the blue blood super elites. But that's only true if the Buffs are winning enough to be respected.

At some point in this thread I posted our attendance fluctuations and TV ratings in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 to prove that this state will support a winning CU football program, or even one that people think can become a winning program (hence the Mel Tucker bump in 2019).

The test on whether this administration is interested in being included will come after this season, assuming it goes like most here believe it will. If they win 3 or fewer games and they aren’t looking for a new staff, you’ll likely have your answer.

Last edited:
i was assured on the twitter that CU will another national championship. gospel.truth.

we now have a lot of money sunk into the dorrell assembled staff. it was his group. he got his coaches and they are locked down to various degrees. phil is retiring. a new conference of some sort awaits.

time to win some football games, kids. @Buffnik is spot-on-- have to at least punch our weight instead of underperforming-- our new normal is so far below the upside potential or really even the minimum bar of success that i do not feel it is unreasonable to expect some ****ing results on the field now.

rick george, this all rolls up to you, despite the limits of the admin whatever they may be.

i was assured on the twitter that CU will another national championship. gospel.truth.

we now have a lot of money sunk into the dorrell assembled staff. it was his group. he got his coaches and they are locked down to various degrees. phil is retiring. a new conference of some sort awaits.

time to win some football games, kids. @Buffnik is spot-on-- have to at least punch our weight instead of underperforming-- our new normal is so far below the upside potential or really even the minimum bar of success that i do not feel it is unreasonable to expect some ****ing results on the field now.

rick george, this all rolls up to you, despite the limits of the admin whatever they may be.

By the same guy who thinks Dorrell is the best coach in the country?

Back