What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

By the same guy who thinks Dorrell is the best coach in the country?

GIF by Fantasy Island Movie

i pretty much hate every alleged "journalist" reporting on the realignment stuff. those attached to the remnant b12 are ****ing delusional. those attached to the pac are ****ing delusional. those attached to the sec are ****ing dirty awful scurrilous scum sucking dogs. those attached to the acc are both ****ing delusional and not so bright. those attached to the ****ing big are sanctimonious and ****ing delusional.

at this point, someone needs to take away all their social media accounts. they make this ****ing thread look like a mensa convention.

The pressure is on. Everything points to CU being one of the most valuable schools in the country after we get past the blue blood super elites. But that's only true if the Buffs are winning enough to be respected.

if we're averaging 7+ wins a year, every conference will want CU. We have to become that in the coming decade or we'll piss it all away and get relegated to the 2nd tier.
100% this.

CU has to choose right now whether to go all in for the next (and probably final) round of realignment or to be a second-tier (G5-ish) athletic program. Sadly I think we know which way this is going to go.

100% this.

CU has to choose right now whether to go all in for the next (and probably final) round of realignment or to be a second-tier (G5-ish) athletic program. Sadly I think we know which way this is going to go.
Honestly, aren’t they pretty much the same choice, G5 ways? The new Big-12 is going to be G5-ish compared to the Power 2, and so is the PAC-10, or whatever you want to call it. In five, ten years who knows which will be the better football conference. To me its all about the Benjamins over the next media contract period, because more than 10 years down the road is essentially a technological, media, and cultural singularity past which we really cannot predict with any precision what football and the economy around football will look like.

Honestly, aren’t they pretty much the same choice, G5 ways? The new Big-12 is going to be G5-ish compared to the Power 2, and so is the PAC-10, or whatever you want to call it. In five, ten years who knows which will be the better football conference. To me its all about the Benjamins over the next media contract period, because more than 10 years down the road is essentially a technological, media, and cultural singularity past which we really cannot predict with any precision what football and the economy around football will look like.
CU is relegated to the Big12 or Pac10 for now. The point is that CU must choose to invest in and make football a priority over the next 5-10 years in an attempt to be included in one of the P2 conferences when the dust finally settles. Becoming a program that routinely garners 1m+ viewers per game will likely do that.

100% this.

Do we think that Rick agrees that we are at a crossroad that requires quick action? Or is he hanging around for his next pair of shoes? Praying for the former and that he has success.

Why do people believe CU is going to invest in a winning football program?
I don’t think anyone necessarily believes it will happen, but rather we hope that this whole shift of the landscape that directly impacts CU may give them the motivation to make changes to the way they view athletics.

I think the administration has just been indifferent and allowing the AD to operate on autopilot within the constraints that they feel comfortable with, that keep the university of out of the way of bad publicity.

In a world where continuing on with that mindset means revenue getting cut in half or more 10 years from now (G5 status), or being forced to drop most Varsity sports altogether, I think it’s possible that the administration could agree to make changes to support athletics.

CU has been coasting, collecting a P5 paycheck. Perhaps the potential relegation to a lesser pac 10 or mountain west down the line, and its garbage paycheck, will be a sort of “come to Jesus moment”. Like, gee, if we get paid $4 million per season like Wyoming, we will have to fund the AD from other sources at a significant loss.

Unfortunately, CU has been one of the worst managed research universities in the nation over the last two decades, so I have my doubts anything positive happens.

Back