What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The Prime hire will almost certainly change the way Colorado is viewed from a national media standpoint. All of the sudden, the PAC 10 with Colorado in it is a lot more valuable. It will be interesting to see how this hire impacts all the realignment calculus.

The Prime hire will almost certainly change the way Colorado is viewed from a national media standpoint. All of the sudden, the PAC 10 with Colorado in it is a lot more valuable. It will be interesting to see how this hire impacts all the realignment calculus.
someone earlier made a post about the Sanders impact on realignment and got me thinking....

first, I have a lot of speculation as to what motivates conference realignment, but like many others, a lot of moves leave me scratching my head.

but if I'm commish of the B1G or SEC, I'm going to be curious if CU can maintain a level of interest and support if/when Sanders leaves. Expansion is kind of a long term deal, while a given coach's tenure at a school is what, maybe an average of three years? I don't think CU has yet demonstrated that commitment is there to transcend a once-in-a-lifetime coach. if indication of long term fan / booster / administration commitment is a real tihng, we're back to points like "Denver media market" and "Flatirons".

but, hell, Rutgers.

Can you provide contractual data that shows the Big XII's media rights in the coming years will be inferior to the PAC's? If not, it's all conjecture. Pretty much everyone here is saying "go to the conference with the most lucrative media rights that we are invited to." Perhaps that is the PAC, perhaps it is the Big XII, but as of right now, we do not know which it is, no matter how strongly people on either side of the issue might proclaim that their opinion (guess) is correct.

Totally agree you have to follow the money. On the other hand I hope the SEC never calls. On a personal level I want nothing to do with that conference.

I'm half joking here, but would you rather go B1G in 2024 or stay in the Pac, have an easier path the 12 team playoff for the next 3-4 years and then get the B1G invite when the next round happens?
Now. Not even a question.

[also hoping that people realize I'm joking about UCLA getting blocked. It could happen, but I don't actually think it will.]

One thing the Big 12 has going for them is that their games will be on both ESPN as well as FOX. This is great exposure and that is so important.
What if Amazon Prime is the only place the PAC will be broadcasted on ? No bueno

One thing the Big 12 has going for them is that their games will be on both ESPN as well as FOX. This is great exposure and that is so important.
What if Amazon Prime is the only place the PAC will be broadcasted on ? No bueno
In lieu of recent events, and the fact Coach Prime is releasing his video on Amazon Prime, I say we go independent! Sign huge contract with Amazon Prime.
The CU Buffs and Prime Time only on Amazon Prime!
Lets go Bezos! Write that check!

In lieu of recent events, and the fact Coach Prime is releasing his video on Amazon Prime, I say we go independent! Sign huge contract with Amazon Prime.
The CU Buffs and Prime Time only on Amazon Prime!
Lets go Bezos! Write that check!
Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Can you provide contractual data that shows the Big XII's media rights in the coming years will be inferior to the PAC's? If not, it's all conjecture. Pretty much everyone here is saying "go to the conference with the most lucrative media rights that we are invited to." Perhaps that is the PAC, perhaps it is the Big XII, but as of right now, we do not know which it is, no matter how strongly people on either side of the issue might proclaim that their opinion (guess) is correct.
Didnt the BigXII just close their new deal for only a slightly larger amount then the P12s current 10 years old deal paid? I would think that, with better brands and larger markets, the Pac12 should get a much larger to slightly larger amount. Until something is signed its all speculation.

One would hope that Deion adds a little excitement to the future deal with/if multiple top players land in Boulder. Deion is more TV personality than anyone else in the conference and a lot of places in the nation.

Just inject yourself with some Hopium.

I'm half joking here, but would you rather go B1G in 2024 or stay in the Pac, have an easier path the 12 team playoff for the next 3-4 years and then get the B1G invite when the next round happens?
If they do the 12 team playoff were in a good place in the Pac with easy seating in an easier to win conference. A smaller conference probably also leads to less of the phenomenon where teams beat each other and get knocked out. Do we need to play a CCG in a 10 team conference? Is the playoff money worth more?

I have no interest in being a speed bump in the B1G or SEC. And ultimately those two conferences are eventually going to merge into some kind of TV super conference. And when they do some teams already in those two will be left out.

Didnt the BigXII just close their new deal for only a slightly larger amount then the P12s current 10 years old deal paid? I would think that, with better brands and larger markets, the Pac12 should get a much larger to slightly larger amount. Until something is signed its all speculation.

One would hope that Deion adds a little excitement to the future deal with/if multiple top players land in Boulder. Deion is more TV personality than anyone else in the conference and a lot of places in the nation.

Just inject yourself with some Hopium.
The Big XII signed a deal slightly more valuable their existing deal on a per school basis (despite losing OU and Texas). We've simply yet to see if the PAC can do the same in losing USC and UCLA. I would bet the PAC signs something similar in value, but just don't know yet.

My dude- according to the FCC, cable subscribers peaked in the US around 2000 at 68M. Disney reported in 2021 that ESPN had carriage in ~76M homes. Recent estimates put the number of households with an Amazon Prime subscription at ~105M homes. The top rated ESPN game was Alabama/LSU, which had an estimated 7.6M viewers. If the same percentage of Prime subscribers viewed a game, it would dwarf the ratings. Exposure is not an issue

My dude- according to the FCC, cable subscribers peaked in the US around 2000 at 68M. Disney reported in 2021 that ESPN had carriage in ~76M homes. Recent estimates put the number of households with an Amazon Prime subscription at ~105M homes. The top rated ESPN game was Alabama/LSU, which had an estimated 7.6M viewers. If the same percentage of Prime subscribers viewed a game, it would dwarf the ratings. Exposure is not an issue
Plus, thursday night nfl games on prime means that both average fans and bars have figured out how to get the games on their screens, and are getting very accustomed to doing it.

SEC : 4 black coaches sim history
Cu: 4 black coaches in past 10 years

we would double their total

make it happen.
Is it 4?

I remember Croom back in the day. Vandy recently with Franklin and Mason. There's only been 1 other? That's ridiculous.

Back