What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

It really would be hilarious if the P12 got $50M per school with open ended ability to add new members at the same rate.

Big 12 members would start stabbing each other in the back to get the Pac-12 invite.

$50M seems pie in the sky, especially since the B12 jumped the line and outmaneuvered the P12

weren't we in line for like high 30s before USC bailed?

$50M seems pie in the sky, especially since the B12 jumped the line and outmaneuvered the P12

weren't we in line for like high 30s before USC bailed?
The speculation that former FOX executive threw out there was something like $500m/year or $41.6m/school with USC and UCLA and roughly $30m/school without them. Then the Big 12 jumped the line and got their media deal done, Fox pulled out of any Pac 10 negotiations, and that's when the propaganda started about the Pac not having any options and only being worth $22-$28m/school.

End of the day, if you really look at where most of the numbers have come from, it's been nothing but pure speculation from the beginning.

The speculation that former FOX executive threw out there was something like $500m/year or $41.6m/school with USC and UCLA and roughly $30m/school without them. Then the Big 12 jumped the line and got their media deal done, Fox pulled out of any Pac 10 negotiations, and that's when the propaganda started about the Pac not having any options and only being worth $22-$28m/school.

End of the day, if you really look at where most of the numbers have come from, it's been nothing but pure speculation from the beginning.
This is the same former Fox turd that said Colorado is worth less than every P12 school and is only on par with WSU, OSU and SDSU, worth ~$25M per year. He also mocked the commissioner for saying Deion added value. I’m sure he tried as hard as he could to ignore the CU/ESPN spring game news.

It is pure speculation. I believe everyone is biased and has an agenda and Colorado is the only one looking out for themselves.

That guy, Bob Thompson, Oregon grad. Doesn’t want to see Colorado grab the spotlight away from his Ducks and steal a potential B1G bid. Plus he’s from Fox who just shafted the P12.

Wilner, Cal grad, has written Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Washington into the B1G future plans so many times. Doesn’t want to see his hometown teams left behind in the MW. And definitely doesn’t want to see them left behind for Colorado. He’s exclusively written us into the B12 future. Has started saying Utah will be a B1G candidate (but didn’t mention us bc he’s a turd, too).

Canzano, SJSU grad but covers Oregon/OSU, doesn’t want to see P12 fold because that means OSU is shafted. Doesn’t really say anything bad about Colorado but again, it becomes a competitive situation with Colorado vs Oregon, so we never get put into a favorable category.

I could go on. But the point (if there is one now I’m not sure) is that all of these journalists are out to screw Colorado. Whether it’s the B12 writers writing us into their sh**** conference, or P12 writers doing the same. Some of them want the P12 to survive, as we all do for now, but long term we’re on our own and our only hope is Prime and President Saliman jumping the first chance we get to either the B1G, SEC or some merged P12/ACC.

This is the same former Fox turd that said Colorado is worth less than every P12 school and is only on par with WSU, OSU and SDSU, worth ~$25M per year. He also mocked the commissioner for saying Deion added value. I’m sure he tried as hard as he could to ignore the CU/ESPN spring game news.

It is pure speculation. I believe everyone is biased and has an agenda and Colorado is the only one looking out for themselves.

That guy, Bob Thompson, Oregon grad. Doesn’t want to see Colorado grab the spotlight away from his Ducks and steal a potential B1G bid. Plus he’s from Fox who just shafted the P12.

Wilner, Cal grad, has written Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Washington into the B1G future plans so many times. Doesn’t want to see his hometown teams left behind in the MW. And definitely doesn’t want to see them left behind for Colorado. He’s exclusively written us into the B12 future. Has started saying Utah will be a B1G candidate (but didn’t mention us bc he’s a turd, too).

Canzano, SJSU grad but covers Oregon/OSU, doesn’t want to see P12 fold because that means OSU is shafted. Doesn’t really say anything bad about Colorado but again, it becomes a competitive situation with Colorado vs Oregon, so we never get put into a favorable category.

I could go on. But the point (if there is one now I’m not sure) is that all of these journalists are out to screw Colorado. Whether it’s the B12 writers writing us into their sh**** conference, or P12 writers doing the same. Some of them want the P12 to survive, as we all do for now, but long term we’re on our own and our only hope is Prime and President Saliman jumping the first chance we get to either the B1G, SEC or some merged P12/ACC.
A lot of people don't know that Wilner actually got into Stanford, but felt that Cal was a better fit.

They won't go independent. The Big10 doesn't want them. They B12 isn't happening. They will sign.

One of the big reasons they wouldn't go independent is the problem they'd have with scheduling. No way any of the 8 remaining Pac schoools would schedule them if they left the conference to go independent.

It really would be hilarious if the P12 got $50M per school with open ended ability to add new members at the same rate.

Big 12 members would start stabbing each other in the back to get the Pac-12 invite.
One can dream. I wish the PAC could remain viable as is, no expansion needed, but that seems less and less a possibility. Would love to be wrong. I mentioned it on another thread, but damn I miss the days when college football was a more regional sport.

Visited both campuses last week with my son. I don't see the attraction to Berkeley, but to each his own, I guess. Now Stanford, that place is incredible. Not a blade of grass out of place. It's now his backup school. ;)

Visited both campuses last week with my son. I don't see the attraction to Berkeley, but to each his own, I guess. Now Stanford, that place is incredible. Not a blade of grass out of place. It's now his backup school. ;)
Stanford campus is indeed gorgeous. Felt like an upscale country club or something to me (not that I've ever been to an upscale country club, but I can imagine).

...We know the Big 12 has hired a media firm to run a disinformation campaign.
I actually don't know that and google isn't immediately helping. Mind posting some references with info about the disinformation campaign?

I actually don't know that and google isn't immediately helping. Mind posting some references with info about the disinformation campaign?
They hired a company, I think called Endeavor, to help with PR/ media/ etc, so might try googling with that name included

They hired a company, I think called Endeavor, to help with PR/ media/ etc, so might try googling with that name included
Lots about them doing PR and general media relations. Where are you getting the disinformation campaign stuff from?

Lots about them doing PR and general media relations. Where are you getting the disinformation campaign stuff from?
Do you think all of the information coming out from B12 sources is 100% accurate?

Does the timing of the information coming out from B12 sources appear to be coordinated?

If it's both inaccurate and coordinated, what would that make it?

Do you think all of the information coming out from B12 sources is 100% accurate?...
well, no, but I don't think all information coming out about any topic ever is 100% accurate.

are there specific points of inaccuracy that you think relevant to this discussion? I think speaking in genalaritilkies isn't advancing the topic much

Does the timing of the information coming out from B12 sources appear to be coordinated?
not to me, but I don't follow sports media as closely as many on this board

If it's both inaccurate and coordinated, what would that make it?
if the inaccurate information was intended to mislead and if it was distributred by Endeavor (or the distribution was coordinated by them), then there's basis for a claim of them running a disinformaiton claim. I haven't seen that case made, yet, though. It may exist, I just havne't seen it and claims of Endeavor running a disinormation campagin appear to be unfounded.

well, no, but I don't think all information coming out about any topic ever is 100% accurate.

are there specific points of inaccuracy that you think relevant to this discussion? I think speaking in genalaritilkies isn't advancing the topic much

not to me, but I don't follow sports media as closely as many on this board

if the inaccurate information was intended to mislead and if it was distributred by Endeavor (or the distribution was coordinated by them), then there's basis for a claim of them running a disinformaiton claim. I haven't seen that case made, yet, though. It may exist, I just havne't seen it and claims of Endeavor running a disinormation campagin appear to be unfounded.
Endeavor is running a negative PR campaign targeting the Pac-12. That includes advancing speculative reports which paint the Pac-12 in a bad light.

Baylor in that situation:

raul julia GIF

Endeavor is running a negative PR campaign targeting the Pac-12. That includes advancing speculative reports which paint the Pac-12 in a bad light.
thanks. that they are advancing speculative reports is a much different claim than running a disinformation campagin

Back