What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I missed this bc I was in Vegas for the opening round of MM. Apparently the Arizona president ran his mouth to Dodd about the B12. He said some favorable things about P12 but good grief.

Heres what I’m convinced of after reading the article:

-Arizona is simply a desert version of Kansas
-ASU might just be a better version of KSU
-They really do want the B12
-Saliman would never make a fool out of himself like this
-Oregon, Washington, Utah and Colorado. That’s the four pack we need to be a part of. That’s a better foursome than the ORWA + Bay Area schools.

From the article last week:
"If they can get me to say, 'I'm going. I've had enough of this. I love those guys in the Big 12. They're an extension of West Mississippi. They speak my language.' Then I think it would get interesting quickly. If Colorado and us went together, then you've got problems."

"The value of us, president [Michael] Crow and I, is even though we could go our separate ways, we're pretty locked in with each other," Robbins said. "We don't want to have a Texas-Texas A&M situation where one of us goes to one conference and one of us goes to the other. We're pretty aligned in that regard. If you take us in a bundle, that's a pretty attractive thing."

"We could drive to Lubbock," Robbins said of the location of Texas Tech, a Big 12 program. "Texas schools are good for us. Oklahoma State, it's just not that far. It's a two-hour flight."

Enjoy Lubbock! 🥾👋

Edit: I think Arizona just likes being wanted bc no one gives a s*** about them in the P12.

Last edited:
Wilner, Cal grad, has written Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Washington into the B1G future plans so many times. Doesn’t want to see his hometown teams left behind in the MW. And definitely doesn’t want to see them left behind for Colorado. He’s exclusively written us into the B12 future.

Wilner is a Penn grad. He loves slobbin Furd's knob, but there aren't many chances for that now. And yes he's likely out of a job if realignment goes the wrong way for the Bay Area schools.

I missed this bc I was in Vegas for the opening round of MM. Apparently the Arizona president ran his mouth to Dodd about the B12. He said some favorable things about P12 but good grief.

Heres what I’m convinced of after reading the article:

-Arizona is simply a desert version of Kansas
-ASU might just be a better version of KSU
-They really do want the B12
-Saliman would never make a fool out of himself like this
-Oregon, Washington, Utah and Colorado. That’s the four pack we need to be a part of. That’s a better foursome than the ORWA + Bay Area schools.

From the article last week:
"If they can get me to say, 'I'm going. I've had enough of this. I love those guys in the Big 12. They're an extension of West Mississippi. They speak my language.' Then I think it would get interesting quickly. If Colorado and us went together, then you've got problems."

"The value of us, president [Michael] Crow and I, is even though we could go our separate ways, we're pretty locked in with each other," Robbins said. "We don't want to have a Texas-Texas A&M situation where one of us goes to one conference and one of us goes to the other. We're pretty aligned in that regard. If you take us in a bundle, that's a pretty attractive thing."

"We could drive to Lubbock," Robbins said of the location of Texas Tech, a Big 12 program. "Texas schools are good for us. Oklahoma State, it's just not that far. It's a two-hour flight."

Enjoy Lubbock! 🥾👋

Edit: I think Arizona just likes being wanted bc no one gives a s*** about them in the P12.
Robbins definitely did talk too much, but he really didn’t say anything that most people didn’t already know. At its core, he said he believes there will be a PAC deal better than the Big 12:

"I think it's very high," Robbins said of the prospects of doing that deal. "Let's just say more than 95% confidence limits on this."

However, he did signal, and not subtly, that Arizona was open for business and would listen to all offers.

Last edited:
IF the GK had a good deal by now I think we would have already had it signed.
At this point I'll be shocked he he can pull one out of his ass.

IF the GK had a good deal by now I think we would have already had it signed.
At this point I'll be shocked he he can pull one out of his ass.
Why would he have it signed by now? I mean, ideally, yeah. But I don’t think there’s some magic date by which all decent deals are off the table.

If I can deduce anything, it’s that none of the remaining Pac schools would want to go to the B12. It’s not a good fit for any of them and they are going to do everything they can, including taking a deal for less money and less distribution to avoid making that move. The B12 deal would have to be substantially better than anything the Pac is able to come up with. Frankly, I don’t see that as likely.

Why would he have it signed by now? I mean, ideally, yeah. But I don’t think there’s some magic date by which all decent deals are off the table.

If I can deduce anything, it’s that none of the remaining Pac schools would want to go to the B12. It’s not a good fit for any of them and they are going to do everything they can, including taking a deal for less money and less distribution to avoid making that move. The B12 deal would have to be substantially better than anything the Pac is able to come up with. Frankly, I don’t see that as likely.
If you have the deal you want, sign it.

Time kills deals.

A few things….

endeavor is very very good at their job. Their job is creating the most value that they can for their clients. They do not give a **** how they manage that as long as they stay on the side of legal and not patently offensive to the whole world.

The b12 narrative is wholly designed to benefit the b12.

the pac is more patrician and isn’t willing so far to go as brass knuckles as the b12 has. But, they probably should have hired endeavor and this whole narrative would be far different.

we don’t know what the deal is going to look like yet but we do know that we probably have options if we don’t like it. Having that power is leverage. The doom scape scenarios from the b12 are intended to erode our power. They are hoping we get scared and jump before we need to. They will be there tomorrow like the good little gimps they are. We aren’t going to take a ****ty deal in the b12 if we have other options.

the amount of time that has passed tells us that we still have options or we would already be in the b12. And they will thank us when and if we decide to go there.

Oregon was a perennial doormat until Nike money and great branding turned them into a power. With SC and UCLA leaving, they are sort of the bell cow for the Pac and seem to be, along with UW, the teams we worry about jumping to the Big.

My question is, with CU’s new commitment to winning and the huge jump in credibility that Prime brings, does Colorado immediately leap into that conversation or do we have to win and sustain it for a few years before we reach that level?

Oregon was a perennial doormat until Nike money and great branding turned them into a power. With SC and UCLA leaving, they are sort of the bell cow for the Pac and seem to be, along with UW, the teams we worry about jumping to the Big.

My question is, with CU’s new commitment to winning and the huge jump in credibility that Prime brings, does Colorado immediately leap into that conversation or do we have to win and sustain it for a few years before we reach that level?
At this point, CU is on the national radar screen, which is highly positive. But CU needs to win at some point in order to seriously jump into the conversation about jumping to the BIG. If Prime succeeds, the hype will be off the charts.

But let's be clear, a large number of people nationally want Prime to fail. If Prime fails, the narrative will be that no one can win at CU.

At this point, CU is on the national radar screen, which is highly positive. But CU needs to win at some point in order to seriously jump into the conversation about jumping to the BIG. If Prime succeeds, the hype will be off the charts.

But let's be clear, a large number of people nationally want Prime to fail. If Prime fails, the narrative will be that no one can win at CU.
I look at it this way, we took some Ls but walked around like we were undefeated. Now it’s time to win, all the ingredients are there now minus major NIL money which Prime may or may not need. The tape doesn’t lie, these transfers can ball and the recruits will, too.

Right now, there’s nervous laughter, primarily from Oregon, that he’ll fail. It’s going to get scary for them when we win and upward realignment chatter starts coming our way. At that point, I like to think of a quote from Happy Gilmore, “somebody’s closer”.

Back