What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Oregon was a perennial doormat until Nike money and great branding turned them into a power. With SC and UCLA leaving, they are sort of the bell cow for the Pac and seem to be, along with UW, the teams we worry about jumping to the Big.

My question is, with CU’s new commitment to winning and the huge jump in credibility that Prime brings, does Colorado immediately leap into that conversation or do we have to win and sustain it for a few years before we reach that level?
Nike's been around since 1964. By 1984, it was big enough to sign Michael Jordan and put that international ad campaign around him. Money started flowing soon after. What I'm getting at is that UO isn't some flash in the pan. They've had consistent football success going back to 1989 - which is pretty much as long as everyone on AllBuffs has been alive.

Nike's been around since 1964. By 1984, it was big enough to sign Michael Jordan and put that international ad campaign around him. Money started flowing soon after. What I'm getting at is that UO isn't some flash in the pan. They've had consistent football success going back to 1989 - which is pretty much as long as everyone on AllBuffs has been alive.
and Knight reportedly has them set up with the largest endowment in the college athletics history

ITB scouring the internet for his Big 12 sources

Chatting Napoleon Dynamite GIF

ITB scouring the internet for his Big 12 sources

Chatting Napoleon Dynamite GIF
Doesn’t have to look far. This thing with Scheer and Arizona is bizarre. Have to imagine the UA president hates him and isn’t feeding him any scoop. So how would he know the numbers right out of the meeting?

Wilner and Canzano I could see getting intel because they’ve interviewed the presidents. But some hack 24/7 reporter who covers recruiting. Not buying it.

Doesn’t have to look far. This thing with Scheer and Arizona is bizarre. Have to imagine the UA president hates him and isn’t feeding him any scoop. So how would he know the numbers right out of the meeting?

Wilner and Canzano I could see getting intel because they’ve interviewed the presidents. But some hack 24/7 reporter who covers recruiting. Not buying it.

I believe Scheer is getting his info from the West Virginia twit.

Edit: But in all seriousness, Scheer is getting his info from the PR firm Endeavor that the B12 is using.

All I need to know about Scheer is that he pissed off @BuffStampede . Do you know how hard it is to piss off Adam? My God, I could light Adam on fire and he'd still wish me a nice day.

All I need to know about Scheer is that he pissed off @BuffStampede . Do you know how hard it is to piss off Adam? My God, I could light Adam on fire and he'd still wish me a nice day.
I didn’t know that. It’s funny you mentioned Adam because I’ve always seen Scheer as bizzaro Adam from Superman. Kind of looks like him, does the same job but complete opposite in the worst way.

The way Dodd and the other B12 hacks have comported themselves throughout this entire fiasco has been a great reminder of why I was so happy to leave that backwater conference.

The backwater conference that may well be the only way forward for CU because the fancy yacht they thought they signed up for just got impounded for defaulting on its loans.

The way Dodd and the other B12 hacks have comported themselves throughout this entire fiasco has been a great reminder of why I was so happy to leave that backwater conference.
Why is Dodd a Big12 hack?
He works for CBS who doesn't have any stake in the Big12. Just curious.

The backwater conference that may well be the only way forward for CU because the fancy yacht they thought they signed up for just got impounded for defaulting on its loans.
Perhaps.

Every time Dodd tweets something the amount the remaining pac schools is willing to accept in order to avoid joining the B12 goes down just a little. Maybe that’s part of his plan.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Back