What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Yeah. Exploring our options is what the tea leaves seem to be saying.

The offers are probably not coming in for the P12 in terms of rights. There is no one to blame other then money which has already destroyed several conferences and made permanent have nots out of a lot of programs where once upon a time there was a chance for the little guy.

CU in the SEC or B1G will be a footnote in the bottom third of either on regional broadcast at best most of the time. Those conferences dont really need more schools that arent marquee brands. ND is the last one available.

If the cord cutting continues the money wont be there at the amounts going out now. And that could be trouble for some programs that were added mostly to boost in market cable tv rates for certain conference channels. Those conferences might get smaller. If things go that way teams maybe get added but at a fractional share then booted out for not performing. Relegation essentially.
Ha! I’d gladly take B1G or SEC and roll the dice if that turns out to be true. When CU invests in FB the results are there so I disagree with that theory.

sec would be fun with Prime at the hc.

sure the competition is fierce but it would still be good football. i'd take it. maybe the sec wants to grab, say, oregon, uw, us, and arizona? western expansion FTMFW. that would be a real nice **** you to the big.

Tell Third Eye GIF by Denyse®

Idk who this is and why people care about him but he pops up in my feed all the time but apparently he gets it so he’s cool.

CU is in a conference realignment “scared straight“ program. Only when faced with the prospect of relegation into a hellscape conference did the administration realize that trying in football actually matters if you want to fund the department at break even or better.

CU is in a conference realignment “scared straight“ program. Only when faced with the prospect of relegation into a hellscape conference did the administration realize that trying in football actually matters if you want to fund the department at break even or better.
you like what they are paying and doing now?

wait a year if prime and staff manage a decent season. back up the brink's truck for everyone. we are ****ing back.

Idk who this is and why people care about him but he pops up in my feed all the time but apparently he gets it so he’s cool.

Very reputable when it comes to realignment. He was one of those major insiders during the last major realignment back in 2010 when CU jumped to the P12. Has real connections to Illinois and Illinois is where the B1G Academic Alliance is based at.

He implored everyone back then to think like a college president instead of athletic director. I read his blogs back then and I still apply what I learned from him when it comes to realignment. Only difference between the P12 and B12 is that the P12 has more AAU members but all the public universities are Tier 1 research schools. That even includes UCF & Cincinnati in the Big 12 and that is why I bought zero stock in any rumor of Boise State joining the Big 12 or Pac 12 because they are not a Tier 1 research school.

That is why I would not be shocked if CU ends up in the B1G very soon but I think CU is still Big 12 bound.

Here's a good list for you: https://cehd.gmu.edu/assets/docs/faculty/tenurepromotion/institutions-research-categories.pdf

Allbuffs Sunday Times edition - Value and the Colorado Doctrine

The #1 excuse I hear about CU and the B1G/SEC is we don’t bring enough value.

After you get past the trolls, argument is never about academics or fit.

Delivering $65-70M a year is nuts. Oregon and Washington do not drive that. It’s unlikely anyone in the ACC does either. But by default no one left does (excluding ND).

Yet I’d argue for the 2023 season CU will deliver over $65-70M in value.

Our tv ratings will top all other schools.

2024 and 2025 will likely be the same. Over $65-70M. Does anyone doubt that?

To me, the question held against CU is what happens after Prime.

Before we answer that, Colorado proved it can be the center of the college football world.

No one believed that was possible but here we are. So that’s one dispelled argument, that no one cares about Colorado. Clearly that’s false.

So what happens next in 2026, 2027 or beyond? It’s the biggest blocker we have for the B1G/SEC.

We need the Colorado Doctrine™️ to keep this going.

It says (working draft):
  1. Always $$$$ the staff in the Top 4 of the conference
  2. HC personality + reputation > experience x 2 experienced coordinators + staff
  3. We can’t replace Prime but we better damn well try
  4. If all else fails pay top dollar for a traditional coach + coordinators (the “well duh” option)
  5. Double triple down on social media and access forever
Hawkins, MacIntyre and even Dorrell had experience and varying degrees of success. Experience doesn’t mean s*** unless you can recruit and recruiting kids to CU is a challenge unless you have the it factor. If you have it, 5 ⭐️s will come. Prime has proven it.

Coordinators are the not so secret sauce. We pay coordinators and the HC experience is far less important imho. The HC needs to pull recruits to CU - period.

CU can maintain our brand value if we stick to a doctrine. I can see the appeal to build our own Dabo or Kirby HC and program but we have to be different about it here. Or at least try.

What I’m proposing isn’t that crazy. MLB teams have a playbook they use for their organization. If anyone is awake in the Champions Center they’d start writing this while Prime is in the building. Like, now.

Allbuffs Sunday Times edition - Value and the Colorado Doctrine

The #1 excuse I hear about CU and the B1G/SEC is we don’t bring enough value.

After you get past the trolls, argument is never about academics or fit.

Delivering $65-70M a year is nuts. Oregon and Washington do not drive that. It’s unlikely anyone in the ACC does either. But by default no one left does (excluding ND).

Yet I’d argue for the 2023 season CU will deliver over $65-70M in value.

Our tv ratings will top all other schools.

2024 and 2025 will likely be the same. Over $65-70M. Does anyone doubt that?

To me, the question held against CU is what happens after Prime.

Before we answer that, Colorado proved it can be the center of the college football world.

No one believed that was possible but here we are. So that’s one dispelled argument, that no one cares about Colorado. Clearly that’s false.

So what happens next in 2026, 2027 or beyond? It’s the biggest blocker we have for the B1G/SEC.

We need the Colorado Doctrine™️ to keep this going.

It says (working draft):
  1. Always $$$$ the staff in the Top 4 of the conference
  2. HC personality + reputation > experience x 2 experienced coordinators + staff
  3. We can’t replace Prime but we better damn well try
  4. If all else fails pay top dollar for a traditional coach + coordinators (the “well duh” option)
  5. Double triple down on social media and access forever
Hawkins, MacIntyre and even Dorrell had experience and varying degrees of success. Experience doesn’t mean s*** unless you can recruit and recruiting kids to CU is a challenge unless you have the it factor. If you have it, 5 ⭐️s will come. Prime has proven it.

Coordinators are the not so secret sauce. We pay coordinators and the HC experience is far less important imho. The HC needs to pull recruits to CU - period.

CU can maintain our brand value if we stick to a doctrine. I can see the appeal to build our own Dabo or Kirby HC and program but we have to be different about it here. Or at least try.

What I’m proposing isn’t that crazy. MLB teams have a playbook they use for their organization. If anyone is awake in the Champions Center they’d start writing this while Prime is in the building. Like, now.
We all look forward to seeing the members, networks and conferences. You may indeed to right, but no network is taking those numbers with current uncertainty surround Prime staying or not staying at CU. They just don’t take those types of risks in early phases of a transformation, IMO.

From the Utah 247 board…

For those without a sub - Basically, guys says a Syracuse booster claims the ACC wants to add the 7 Pac 10 AAU members for form an “ACC West” playing 1 game across the other two ACC Divisions. Claims ESPN likes it and has agreed to increasing current ACC deal by $10m per school.

Here’s the best part of the rumor… ESPN would take the game slots needed for that from the Big 12, which would be relegated to ESPN+ exclusively.

From the Utah 247 board…

For those without a sub - Basically, guys says a Syracuse booster claims the ACC wants to add the 7 Pac 10 AAU members for form an “ACC West” playing 1 game across the other two ACC Divisions. Claims ESPN likes it and has agreed to increasing current ACC deal by $10m per school.

Here’s the best part of the rumor… ESPN would take the game slots needed for that from the Big 12, which would be relegated to ESPN+ exclusively.

I’ve been saying for a while that I like the idea of merging with the ACC better than any other option.

Leaving ASU twisting in the wind wouldn’t bum me out, either.

Still, this has a “my wife’s cousin’s uncle heard from a friend” type vibe to it.

From the Utah 247 board…

i love this. best.recent.rumor.

The X Files Aliens GIF by Cyndi Pop

From the Utah 247 board…

You left out the best part
I was at my niece's bat mitzvah in Manhattan

Very reputable when it comes to realignment. He was one of those major insiders during the last major realignment back in 2010 when CU jumped to the P12. Has real connections to Illinois and Illinois is where the B1G Academic Alliance is based at.

He implored everyone back then to think like a college president instead of athletic director. I read his blogs back then and I still apply what I learned from him when it comes to realignment. Only difference between the P12 and B12 is that the P12 has more AAU members but all the public universities are Tier 1 research schools. That even includes UCF & Cincinnati in the Big 12 and that is why I bought zero stock in any rumor of Boise State joining the Big 12 or Pac 12 because they are not a Tier 1 research school.

That is why I would not be shocked if CU ends up in the B1G very soon but I think CU is still Big 12 bound.

Here's a good list for you: https://cehd.gmu.edu/assets/docs/faculty/tenurepromotion/institutions-research-categories.pdf
CU should just play this RS out. That will ultimately give them the best options.

From the Utah 247 board…

Probably the best plan on the board. Even if Harvard ever wanted to go FBS, ACC would be the best conference for them

From the Utah 247 board…

This would suck for Wazzu, Oregon State, and ASU. That said, ASU can always join the B12 and it wouldn't be a bad fit.

You would think the PAC-12 will end up being Mountain West and American schools. As long as the Pac-12 got automatic bids, they will always be attractive to G5s.

Hard for me to buy this. The last part has B12 playing all their games on ESPN+. Sounds like shade

From the Utah 247 board…

Love it. This rumor might be Syracuse’s biggest contribution to CFB in a while.

So quick math… $10M x 14 ACC schools = $140M + 7 P12 schools x $40M = $420M per year from ESPN.

From the Utah 247 board…

I like that idea and the basketball would be good too. Probably too good to be true.

Love it. This rumor might be Syracuse’s biggest contribution to CFB in a while.

So quick math… $10M x 14 ACC schools = $140M + 7 P12 schools x $40M = $420M per year from ESPN.
That's 9 million more than the B12 deal. Is ESPN open to giving 210 million more to the ACC when they have the ultimate sweetheart deal with an ironclad GOR? This is definitely a win-win for

Utah
Colorado
Stanford
Cal
Oregon
Washington
Arizona

Definitely a win for basketball

The research payoff is massive but this is all about ESPN

Would be a better solution than Big12 or maybe even BIG. AAU schools, east coast to west coast exposure; and better recruiting grounds than Teti g to pull from BIG footprint

That's 9 million more than the B12 deal. Is ESPN open to giving 210 million more to the ACC when they have the ultimate sweetheart deal with an ironclad GOR? This is definitely a win-win for

Utah
Colorado
Stanford
Cal
Oregon
Washington
Arizona

Definitely a win for basketball

The research payoff is massive but this is all about ESPN
There is no research payoff. As for ESPN, I don't see what's in it for them, but I would love to be wrong. Even better scenario is just top 8 of PAC + top 8 of ACC if we're really dreaming.

Back