What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

There is no research payoff. As for ESPN, I don't see what's in it for them, but I would love to be wrong. Even better scenario is just top 8 of PAC + top 8 of ACC if we're really dreaming.
My perception is the ACC has some of the same ratings problems that the Pac12 does. The in conference games are not very compelling to a broad national audience and cant steal viewers from B1G or SEC audience. For TV its about creating ‘marquee matchups’ that generate viewership greater then 4 million. Thats what advertisers want and they buy. The Newness of the PAC-ACC in conference matchups likely boost ESPN ratings outside SEC slate of games.

But my point is that there is no short term for the ACC. 13 more years unless they can get the majority of the schools to vote to dissolve
Its indeed difficult. ESPN needs content and the long deal they signed for ACC games guarantees that. Its also revenue friendly for ESPN which right now is hurting as they navigate cord cutting. Which is bad for the ACC

The ACC is in a lose lose situation. If they decide to “break up” ESPN likely immediately juices their SEC partnership and grabs FSU, Miami, Clemson, and one more school because they increase ratings. Whats left of the ACC then becomes lost souls in G9 land. I think the smaller ACC schools know this and thats why they agreed to the revenue change to keep FSU, Miami, and Clemson happy. For now.

Last edited:
Always a choice. I think they’re ultimately going to have to choose between the most money and less flexibility or more flexibility and less money
I love a good realignment rumor but I’ve yet to see this 7 P12 -> ACC one anywhere. Not even from troll accounts on Twitter. Can someone copy over the OP text here so we can check it out?

Its indeed difficult. ESPN needs content and the long deal they signed for ACC games guarantees that. Its also revenue friendly for ESPN which right now is hurting as they navigate cord cutting.

The ACC is in a lose lose situation. If they decide to “break up” ESPN immediately juices their SEC partnership and grabs FSU, Miami, Clemson, and one more school because they increase ratings. Whats left then becomes lost souls in G9 land. I think the smaller ACC schools know this and thats why they agreed to the revenue change to keep FSU, Miami, and Clemson happy.
As long as the GOR exist, it's not a lose lose for the smaller teams

I love a good realignment rumor but I’ve yet to see this 7 P12 -> ACC one anywhere. Not even from troll accounts on Twitter. Can someone copy over the OP text here so we can check it out?
It’s almost verbatim what I said initially. It came from a Utah poster who said he heard it from a Syracuse booster at his Nieces Bat Mitzvah.

I’d chalk it up to the Syracuse booster saying “this is what I think could happen…” and the Utah poster taking that as “this is what I’ve heard is happening”.

From what I've read and heard this is coming to a head most likely sometime
this week. Maybe as early as tomorrow but Wednesday or Thursday could be the hot action days.
Will they stay or go ??

B12 presidents are meeting this week if not last week. It’s highly likely things come to a head this week. Think the B12 invite comes Wednesday in this case.

When is your school going to upgrade that football stadium?

I have to wonder how much better the Big 12 media deals would have been if Nebraska stayed too.

If you added the cost of staying out, it could amount to the same cost for the Champions Center.

PAC-12 Network instead of ESPN+ is another strike against CU moving to the P12.

I have to wonder how much better the Big 12 media deals would have been if Nebraska stayed too.

If you added the cost of staying out, it could amount to the same cost for the Champions Center.

We get more students / alumni from the P12 and B1G footprint compared to the B12 and it’s not even close.

Do people think we’re getting students from Kansas, and Oklahoma?

We get more students from Illinois than Texas.

Wish I knew. I don’t believe any of the stadium BS until I see it. I’m in western KS closer to you guys than KU. Always liked the away bball games. No dislike here from me. Just a guest here so on my best.

also a UW grad so I am way too familiar with the PAC network. It was soooo touted at the time and was a disaster especially the out of sight out of mind aspect. I an more a flip on the tv find the best game that’s on and make some chili Saturday morning type. KU football until last year. Ugh. UW football. Much different.

Maybe there is some June 1 deadline for something? really don’t know but wouldn’t be surprised.

There isn't one for June 1st but June 30th is a date to watch especially if schools like SDSU are looking to switch conferences. When CU switched from the Big 12 to the Pac-12, the switch was made one week after Mike Bohn, the AD at the time, talked about being proud members of the B12. That's why Rick George's proud P12 member talk was a huge deal because that is the talk that schools give before getting out of their current conference. That means this Friday would be the day CU switches to the B12.

I have not predicted an actual week till now. Sure I have sent lots of articles and the such, but this is the first time I've come up with a time. Will be fun to see if this finally happens and which way it goes.
I really thought it was a bit and that you were pulling a Coach 3 year Letterman on the reply guys. But it was real? That's a disappointment.

Smart Ass Butthead GIF

Btw when you put ass in the gif search this one comes up
Summer Bikini GIF by Remus & Kiki Animation

Why doesn't the Big 12 also go after Creighton for Basketball, Volleyball, and Baseball.
The next big rumble is the Basketball Tournament, as there are way more people saying that there is so much money over there to be had, so why allow it to potentially go to 300 schools, instead of the big dogs.

while football is definitely the driver of all this, I don’t think we are too far away from having hoops play a role as well. Once every last penny is sucked out of the football piggy bank, the next natural place to look is basketball.

Back