What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The P12 deadline is the same deadline that the B12 put in back in 2010 before CU left. B12 does have a deadline too by the end of this month. I’m sure the P12 deadline is by the end of this month too.

If memory serves me right, CU left the B12 a few days after Dan Bebee tried to get all B12 members to sign a GOR.

Game Over Meme GIF by Travis

OU and UW wanted unequal shares to help balance out the low number the PAC is going to get. Glad they didnt get it.
Things take some strange turns. I’d actually rather be CU or Arizona right now than UO or UW in terms of options and the general future. Geography isn’t always destiny but it is a Thing.

Things take some strange turns. I’d actually rather be CU or Arizona right now than UO or UW in terms of options and the general future. Geography isn’t always destiny but it is a Thing.
Agree, I am not sure they make it to the B1G anytime soon. I dont think they bring enough revenue with them.

The P12 deadline is the same deadline that the B12 put in back in 2010 before CU left. B12 does have a deadline too by the end of this month. I’m sure the P12 deadline is by the end of this month too.

If memory serves me right, CU left the B12 a few days after Dan Bebee tried to get all B12 members to sign a GOR.

WTF are you yammering on about? What kind of deadline could the P12 possibly impose on it's members before providing the members with a media deal? Does the P12 require CU to double pinky swear they will stay if they don't leave by July 1?

I like the sentiment but no Oregon is up next. They’re like Nebraska. So-so academically but they’ll take the brand.

We have to box out Cal and/or Stanford on the list. Defense and rebounding baby

I think CU is giving the PAC every opportunity to come up with a reason for us to stay. I also think CU has made up its mind to leave. It’s transitioned from wanting to stay and hoping the PAC would come up with a plan to preparing to leave and telling the PAC that they are on the clock.

Equal revenue sharing means nothing when by all reports the revenue offered in the tv deal sucks.
True, but you could also say a media deal on par with the Big 12 means nothing with unequal revenue sharing (with CU on the bad side of unequal).

How confident are you with the PAC finding a deal worth signing?
This is and has always been the key.

Not confident at all. I'm sure CU feels the same way and given that 2 credible sources have confirmed our move to the Big 12 it sounds like a done deal but I'm just a bit concerned on why the delay on making it official.

Not confident at all. I'm sure CU feels the same way and given that 2 credible sources have confirmed our move to the Big 12 it sounds like a done deal but I'm just a bit concerned on why the delay on making it official.
It's obvious CU just about made the jump. Some chatter that it's a bump in the road and still looking positive for the move. Think this now goes through the next three weeks.

Agree, I am not sure they make it to the B1G anytime soon. I dont think they bring enough revenue with them.
The current B1G set up is unsustainable. CU is wise to keep its options open.

No one wants to see USC travel to Rutgers or Maryland to UCLA. This will not go well as is.

It’ll end up with a larger western pod where travel is mitigated to only big games. The networks will have to figure it out. The noise will be too loud to ignore it with money.

The CU Nebs ratings + geography hopefully are enough of a cash cow to consider the add.

It's obvious CU just about made the jump. Some chatter that it's a bump in the road and still looking positive for the move. Think this now goes through the next three weeks.
T or f you’re going off of what Fluguar is saying. Who is saying it still looks positive.

T or f you’re going off of what Fluguar is saying. Who is saying it still looks positive.
I watch him and take what he says as the truth more than not as he has a pretty good source, however
he's not the only one I follow. And no, I don't trust Swaim at all.

No one wants to see USC travel to Rutgers or Maryland to UCLA. This will not go well as is.

It’ll end up with a larger western pod where travel is mitigated to only big games. The networks will have to figure it out. The noise will be too loud to ignore it with money.

The CU Nebs ratings + geography hopefully are enough of a cash cow to consider the add.

I feel 4 more eventually go to BIG10 from the west. Oregon and Washington for sure but who are the other two? I fear Stanford, Cal and Utah are ahead and now ASU is a concern.

I feel 4 more eventually go to BIG10 from the west. Oregon and Washington for sure but who are the other two? I fear Stanford, Cal and Utah are ahead and now ASU is a concern.
It worked out for us that they only took two and not four or six to start. There could have been a perception it’ll work. But with four or six the travel burden shifts to the east. The travel math gets worse not better.

The B1G needs to just have the big games as crossovers. I think they need to go to an eight pod. CU/UU or CU/ASU would round it out.

yeah it should be interesting--- lots of the big fans talking about the weather for usc visiting for conference games and then add in the travel time.

next we will see the usc apologists whining after they drop a game or 2 that they "shouldn'" lose in conference because of the travel and weather...

expansion west seems inevitable but only if the tv guys decide they give a **** about the added burden on the 2 west coast teams.

maybe it all leads to us getting in at some point.

yeah it should be interesting--- lots of the big fans talking about the weather for usc visiting for conference games and then add in the travel time.

next we will see the usc apologists whining after they drop a game or 2 that they "shouldn'" lose in conference because of the travel and weather...

expansion west seems inevitable but only if the tv guys decide they give a **** about the added burden on the 2 west coast teams.

maybe it all leads to us getting in at some point.
It’s a good point. The networks.

Luckily for us, no one left is worth $60-70M.

The end solution could be a reduced payout for 6 additional schools. Not a graduated increase. We just get paid less. But we play the pod more and show up for big games.

Lol, bad timing for UCLA to have scheduled road games in Hawaii and Baton Rouge their first season in the BIG.

Unequal revenue sharing sounds fine when it means you’re going from $50MM to $75MM. But when everybody else is getting $100MM, you’re still at a big disadvantage. (I don’t have exact numbers and I’m way too lazy to research what they would potentially be, so please refrain from correcting my math.)

Unequal revenue sharing sounds fine when it means you’re going from $50MM to $75MM. But when everybody else is getting $100MM, you’re still at a big disadvantage. (I don’t have exact numbers and I’m way too lazy to research what they would potentially be, so please refrain from correcting my math.)
You forgot to carry the 1.

WTF are you yammering on about? What kind of deadline could the P12 possibly impose on it's members before providing the members with a media deal? Does the P12 require CU to double pinky swear they will stay if they don't leave by July 1?

The B12 did that to CU right before CU left for the P12. P12 has the right to do that in those circumstances. The P12 administrators are probably as tired as the fans of this realignment saga. That means something has to give pretty soon.

If our regular season conference schedule looked like this and we were getting paid $45-50M in tv rights + additional $15-20M in post season it would be a miracle.

NEBRASKA
@Stanford
USC
WASHINGTON
@Oregon
IOWA
@UCLA
CAL
@Utah

The B12 did that to CU right before CU left for the P12. P12 has the right to do that in those circumstances. The P12 administrators are probably as tired as the fans of this realignment saga. That means something has to give pretty soon.

Please stop parroting everything you read and engage your brain.

How can the P12 impose a deadline on CU when the P12 has no power to impose one? At this time the P12 has not brought forth a media deal for CU or any other P12 school to accept or reject. Without a media deal on the table, how do you propose that the P12 has any ability to impose any deadlines?

this travel is an enormous disadvantage!

UCLA is going to get their asses kicked.

Back