What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

For the BOR meeting on Monday. Anyone know how far in advance of the meeting the need to post the agenda?
I thought it was 24 hours, however there's some confusion if a 'public' meeting has that requirement or not.
If so is it 24 hours or 24 business hours? Would someone really post something Sunday morning before 9:30 a.m. ?

FysYkp9WwAAgRjD

Just for context here, the total 2022 net operating revenue for Kansas Football was $17.7m while Kansas Basketball's was $1.6m. I do have some confusion over the "Media Rights" aspect of the revenue/expenses statement as it shows a $29m media rights revenue for football and $0 for basketball, but regardless, elite basketball programs are still well behind ****ty football programs when it comes to revenue.

Are you reading the right line, it appears that Kansas Basketball makes $13Mil in Ticket Sales alone, while Football makes only close to $4Mil on Ticket Sales.

15-17 Home Games in Allen Fieldhouse, sold out with 17,000 fans x $50 per seat average = $13Million

There is the Media Deal that is only listed under Football

Then there is Conference Distributions and other inputs from Championship play

Basketball appears to get $4Mil from March Madness, which is so freaking low for a team like KU

The Blue Blood Basketball Programs are not getting their money's worth at all

Are you reading the right line, it appears that Kansas Basketball makes $13Mil in Ticket Sales alone, while Football makes only close to $4Mil on Ticket Sales.

15-17 Home Games in Allen Fieldhouse, sold out with 17,000 fans x $50 per seat average = $13Million

There is the Media Deal that is only listed under Football

Then there is Conference Distributions and other inputs from Championship play

Basketball appears to get $4Mil from March Madness, which is so freaking low for a team like KU

The Blue Blood Basketball Programs are not getting their money's worth at all
Yes, I'm ready the correct line, which is the NET revenue all the way at the bottom. Yes, KU does $13m in ticket sales, which means next to nothing from a conference realignment standpoint. They received less than $4m in NCAA payouts. College basketball is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

I have been following this thread and I am disturbed by the lack of the mention of "accretive". I feel the move to the Pac has made us soft and complacent.

And at the 11th hour a new regent meeting

I want to stay in the Pac for lots of reasons, but the #1 reason is to see Jason Scheer proved wrong, lose all credibility, then get bounced out of his undeserved position of UA 247 fat asshole in chief to just UA fat asshole making too many trips to the Golden Corral buffet line muttering incoherently about Tad Boyle and various conspiracies.

Basketball is undervalued- mainly because so much of the pie is eaten by the NCAA. They bring in over 1 billion with 873 million dollars coming in via march madness.

170M roughly is the combined NCAA tournament credit performance fund. The NCAA technically distributes most of the rest to member schools but it's far from the same pay for value that football gets. To put it in perspective- each P5 league gets around 70M each from the playoff while the G5 split around 90 million on a base broadcast contract of 470M per year.

That's gonna leave a lot of room to reallocate revenue sharing once enough leverage twists the NCAA arm. The NCAA is doing a lot to run their organization with basketball money, the question is how lean will they go?

The NCAA’s published accounts for 2019 and 2021 do not offer a breakdown of exactly how this revenue is shared out, but in 2016 the organization said the three chief areas money was distributed to were:

- sponsorship and scholarship funds “to help fund NCAA sports and provide scholarships for college athletes”: $222m

- a basketball performance fund consisting of prize money distributed to each Division I conference based on its’ teams’ results in March Madness over six years: $168.8m

- general financial support for the 26 men’s and women’s championships in Division I across 24 sports: $153.8m

In all, the NCAA said $924.1m was spent on prize money and financial assistance in 2016, with just over $100m used for “other association-wide expenses” and “general and administrative expenses”.

It’s worth noting that, as a registered non-profit organization, the NCAA is exempt from federal income taxes.

Or both SDSU and Colorado are going to the B12
I wondered about that. I had heard way back in the process SDSU was of interest to the Buc-ee's Conference. SoCal etc. etc., but I haven't heard anything lately. It would be wild to see CU bail and take the P12-2's first replacement choice with them.

Back