What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Starting to wonder if it's just USC and UCLA. This would bring the Big 10 to 16 schools which would equal what SEC will have.
Would the Big 10 want anymore that that?

Imagine back in the day when we thought Texas, OU and company were headed to the Pac 12.
IF that had happened things would have most likely been different.

Nice.

Give us a reset. Make this sport about the schools again. I don’t watch CFB for top tier talent or mega money deals, I have the NFL for that.

Put us in a league of similar schools where there’s some parity and as long as we can afford our stadium and stuff idc anymore. They’re gonna kill the golden goose and return to a more school focused model eventually so we may as well have some fun with schools of our caliber instead of getting our asses beat by everyone all the time.

For those of you alive in the 90s and earlier… sorry but we suck and have for a long time. It’s not gonna come back so may as well embrace it lol

Starting to wonder if it's just USC and UCLA. This would bring the Big 10 to 16 schools which would equal what SEC will have.
Would the Big 10 want anymore that that?

Imagine back in the day when we thought Texas, OU and company were headed to the Pac 12.
IF that had happened things would have most likely been different.
nm

This is the natural end result after the NIL stuff passed. Schools like CU cannot compete financially with schools like Ohio St, USC, Texas, etc. Sad to see it, but it was either this or watch CU get curb stomped by 60 every week.
The sooner the break comes, the better. A complete separation is best. CU playing against the other laggard like Oregon St, Iowa St, Vandy, Syracuse, Purdue, etc would still be fun. We just have absolutely no business trying to keep up with the Jones.

seems weird the B10 wouldn't also bring Oregon/UW to complete the west coast haul

I mean, maybe we could compete in a P12 that's minus USC/UCLA/UW/UO? Add SDSU, Boise, Nevada, etc. We might be right at home

Then again my cfb fandom is basically on life support and the idea of watching a MWC/P12 merge sounds unappealing, but at least we could win some games I guess?

It's definitely a move by the B1G to insure itself against a possible SEC expansion. I think this essentially guarantees a possible super league can only be a merger of sorts unless the schools just go and do their own thing under their own umbrella.

The BIG was supposedly interested in CU when CU announced its move to the Pac 10. A lot has changed since then, but a few rumors floating around that CU may not be left out. It makes sense with CU's natural rivalry and proximity to Nebraska, huge midwest alumni located in Colorado, AAU status, and the rest of the BIG is going to need a whipping boy for an easy win every year.

Back