What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I'm not an accountant or financial attorney, but as I understand it there would be full public disclosure mandated for a conference if all members were public universities. With a private college in the mix, they have a right to keep their books confidential and that then extends to the conference of which they're a member.
It is not an issue and is not correct. The Pac 12 has been reporting financial results. The is no real benefit to not report and I don't see what the material advantage would be.

2020-2021 Pac 12 Financials.

just read this and it has some really interesting tidbits i hadn't seen before.

it seems ucla will have to pay a breakup fee to the big of 15mm if the deal doesn't go through. this is going to be fun.
I don't have a sub to the NYT, but according to Flugaur, the Wirtz article says:
  • the Pac is offering to pay the $15m
  • the Pac is offering tiered media payouts if UCLA stays, with them at the high end
  • the Pac will get $42-$47 per school if UCLA stays

Pretty sure Dodd is a mouth piece for anyone with an agenda. Someone getting this message out may mean there is at least some concern of the UCLA move getting blocked.

all of you idiots found out about this circus June 30,2022.

this guy has been on the record for over a year saying usc and ucla weā€™re moving to the big ten.

if he knew about the two LA schools a full year before any of us morons, then maybe instead of criticizing the tweet date, we take it as the prophetic tweet that it is. CU To B1G

I am not going to let myself get swept up in things. The idea that we could end the year in the B1G with Prime as our coach is too much to hope for.
This message was brought to you by Maggies Farm Dispensary. Come in on Sunday November 27th for the disappointment special. Nothing Prime on sale, but all the dregs that no one else wants will be available and cost more than they should.

More than 10 = less money for us. Why donā€™t people understand this. There is not once school in al of the US, not currently in a P5 conference, that adds to our media value. Not one.
Not if the "more than 10" adds media markets and, especially if those additions don't immediately get a full share.

Your argument would run counter to the B1G and SEC as if it cost current members money. Or that the B12 should have stayed at 8 with UT & OU leaving instead of replacing them with 4 additions.

Expansion doesn't always add value (depends on who you add & the terms), but it can certainly be something that increases revenue for everyone in the conference.

At this point, whatever is going to be more lucrative. They made the decision to play with the big boys, so they need as much money as possible. That said, if things go the way we think over the next 3-4 years, I think the B1G and/or SEC will come calling

What part of moving to the Big XII, with its inferior media rights, do you all not understand is at best a lateral move?
Can you provide contractual data that shows the Big XII's media rights in the coming years will be inferior to the PAC's? If not, it's all conjecture. Pretty much everyone here is saying "go to the conference with the most lucrative media rights that we are invited to." Perhaps that is the PAC, perhaps it is the Big XII, but as of right now, we do not know which it is, no matter how strongly people on either side of the issue might proclaim that their opinion (guess) is correct.

Back