What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

It isn’t like our time in the Pac-12 has seen CU gain in academic stature.

I don’t think an athletic conference has any bearing on academics.

The Office Thank You GIF

I want CU to have a highly successful football program again and to reach the college football playoffs. I don’t care which conference the team plays its regular season games in as long as it’s P5. The trip to the PAC12 was somewhat well intentioned but it’s time to go. Things have changed.

Last edited:
New regents meeting scheduled. I think we are headed for the big 12

Did you read both agendas? Nothing to do with athletics. An agenda with athletics will be posted quickly.

However, CU joined the PAC about one week after then AD Mike Bohn said similar things about the Big 12. That means that if the same timeline is applied, I’m thinking Thursday or Friday could be that day CU announces.

If Regents are going to hold a vote on conference alignment, the session will be public. Keep an eye out for a public session to know if there is any real smoke.

No no no, let them keep making wild predictions based on their self-serving interpretations of vague statements.
If you think CU to the big 12 is a wild prediction, then I have a bridge to sell you. I think it will be proven to be an accurate prediction, unfortunately. And I never said they’d announce any move in that meeting, but clearly there are discussions going on about it

CU goes to the SEC with Clemson, FSU and Miami. UW, Oregon, UNC, ND go to the Big 10. Resulting in a huge mess for the guys left out. ASU, UA, Utah, go to the Big 12.

If you think CU to the big 12 is a wild prediction, then I have a bridge to sell you. I think it will be proven to be an accurate prediction, unfortunately. And I never said they’d announce any move in that meeting, but clearly there are discussions going on about it
For anything there's no such thing anymore as an accurate prediction that is more than a guess.
I would've enjoyed watching the Buffs line up against Oklahoma one more time but that time is past.
The last go around Mizzou was the big winner...the bottom feeder of the SEC < like Iowa State was 20 yrs ago.
0 fer vs USC one last chance to get the skunk off, UCLA can kiss my shiny ass ...or do I need to remind anyone of the "personal foul" game in Boulder?

If true I would also believe that the B12 will offer a lower cut until CU adds 2-3 sports if they don't they're stupid.

SIAP but was there any reason for RG and Howell to meet today? Any media day type thing? Seems like an odd time to randomly meet to discuss realignment.

There is smoke imo
Howell...odd choice considering the magnitude of the topic and Howell probably had to google how many Thorpe winners CU has had.
The only realignment scenario for me is fall into bed with SEC and I do mean "fall" cause there has to be a spot for the Buffs to land.

Howell...odd choice considering the magnitude of the topic and Howell probably had to google how many Thorpe winners CU has had.
The only realignment scenario for me is fall into bed with SEC and I do mean "fall" cause there has to be a spot for the Buffs to land.
There are certainly valid reasons for people to have issue with Brian’s reporting, but one thing he has always done well is know his CU history.

That geography argument is used to knock the MT but ignores that all other timezones are not monolithic footprints where every school in the timezone gets to claim the full benefits of it.

Can Miami take credit for the entire east coast? Can Michigan claim viewers Texas will watch them bc they’re in the central timezone? No, that’s not how it works. The Denver DMA is pretty big and we bring that.

Any P2 idea needs time slots in the PT/MT range. USC and UCLA aren’t playing 12 night games. We’re a logical add from a network pov.
Michigan is in the eastern time zone. Chicago is Central.

RG mentioned realignment in this interview (last min of interview). Doesn’t really say anything other than don’t believe everything, we want to be in P12 but we’ll do what’s best for us. So, there’s some kind of door open with the “but”. At no point did Howell or RG say B12.

UO AD yesterday:

Same talk as RG and it sounds like they are gone too. This occurred yesterday.

Sounds like UO & CU are gone.

Yeah. Exploring our options is what the tea leaves seem to be saying.

The offers are probably not coming in for the P12 in terms of rights. There is no one to blame other then money which has already destroyed several conferences and made permanent have nots out of a lot of programs where once upon a time there was a chance for the little guy.

CU in the SEC or B1G will be a footnote in the bottom third of either on regional broadcast at best most of the time. Those conferences dont really need more schools that arent marquee brands. ND is the last one available.

If the cord cutting continues the money wont be there at the amounts going out now. And that could be trouble for some programs that were added mostly to boost in market cable tv rates for certain conference channels. Those conferences might get smaller. If things go that way teams maybe get added but at a fractional share then booted out for not performing. Relegation essentially.

every school is going to do the best it can do for its programs. idealism isn't driving the train although i think that has held back some university presidents a bit in some conferences (acc, pac, big). things are going to move based upon options and money.

if CU's best deal is in the pac, it will stay. if it is not, it will go. same for everyone else. i think the long delays are due to the fact that the pac perceives itself (even without the traitors) to be more valuable than the market indicates. obvious, right?

the interesting question i think next is who has a plan b?

a lot of folks seem to be assuming there are more spots in the big for some pac teams. we don't know that. we don't know who might have a plan b deal already sorted.

post number bajillion-- we still do not know ****.

witchcraft lafayette reynolds GIF

every school is going to do the best it can do for its programs. idealism isn't driving the train although i think that has held back some university presidents a bit in some conferences (acc, pac, big). things are going to move based upon options and money.

if CU's best deal is in the pac, it will stay. if it is not, it will go. same for everyone else. i think the long delays are due to the fact that the pac perceives itself (even without the traitors) to be more valuable than the market indicates. obvious, right?

the interesting question i think next is who has a plan b?

a lot of folks seem to be assuming there are more spots in the big for some pac teams. we don't know that. we don't know who might have a plan b deal already sorted.

post number bajillion-- we still do not know ****.

witchcraft lafayette reynolds GIF
I think RG did a fair amount of a** talking in that interview. He’s also a dumba** for throwing the B12 🥩 to chew on. Even if we’ve had talks with other conferences any hint of a wandering eye would be construed as a B12 reference. Should have just kept his mouth shut vs do an interview he clearly didn’t want to do. Net net, we gained nothing other than more b.s.

To your point - what is the best deal? I really hope there is not - sneaky suspicion - some RG apprehension about Apple or CW bc of Prime and ESPN and Fox are trying to coerce CU into the B12 by touting exposure. I really hope that is just a ridiculous theory and debunked soon.

I think Howell is there to wash Rick's cars....
End of the day, there’s only one person I trust to make decisions about Colorado football and that’s Coach Prime. As RG said in the interview, we’ve sucked at FB for the last decade under his own watch. The decision impacts all sports but there’s only one who understands winning FB and excellence.

Back