What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Day 7/24

Those 10 am to 11 am MT starts are something that I have thought CU could do to help the Pac-12 out. I enjoyed watching those Big Ten games growing up before I watched CU football later in the day.

Slightly different scenario between a normal, week to week game and a national event the city of Pullman had been waiting on for 25 years, don't you think?
Don’t disagree at all. Just pointing out that with the right motivation, you can get students out of bed on Saturday morning.

For TV exposure, here's the kickoff time rankings:
1. 6-7 pm EST
2. 3-4 pm EST
3. 12 - 1 pm EST
4. 9-10 pm EST

A. I put them in EST for a reason.

B. That #4 slot is so horrible that all the other P5 conferences have abandoned it.

C. You want to be nationally relevant, you need to fill the first three slots, you can't just ignore one.

D. All the networks run their hype shows in the (EST) morning, and they work hard to keep that audience tuned in to their network family for that first game - they do that by (frequently) over hyping the noon kickoffs. Exactly the sort of media coverage we want.

If it's one home game every 3 or 4 years, the benefits clearly outweigh the costs.

It’s laughable that people just assume moving a mid to lower tier pac 12 game to 12 eastern time is just going to automatically increase exposure for the conference.
If it gets another Pac 12 matchup nationally televised on Fox, why wouldn’t it? Maybe it’s not going to move the needle much, but it’s better than that game being relegated to 12:30pm PT on P12 network that nobody gets.

Good this means the buffs should play as many games as possible between 1:00 to 5:00 for maximum exposure. 10:00 am once in a while sure but 9:00 am no fricking way That's beyond stupid.

If it gets another Pac 12 matchup nationally televised on Fox, why wouldn’t it? Maybe it’s not going to move the needle much, but it’s better than that game being relegated to 12:30pm PT on P12 network that nobody gets.
Because you are assuming that game would automatically be shown on the pac 12 network when there are multiPle time slots late at night on espn and fs1.

Also, in order for people to want the pac 12 network you have to have some good games on there.

How many times do we have to be told that the networks like the late night programming for the pac 12 and they rate better (without competition too which is huge). Who give a **** about these east coast viewers that are already used to staying up late for sporting events.

The focus for this conference needs to be on its own fans and the cities that support these schools. We have no competition for these fans, no over lapping footprint with any other power 5 conference and we are still having issues engaging those people. Maybe get that figured our and then worry about people across the rest of the country.

I can see where Tucker would want this from a recruiting standpoint. I guess one game a year, or every other year isn't that big of a deal.

Eh, sounds like this is a conference initiative, not a CU one. Most of the conference doesn’t recruit GA/LA/FL so why would they care? It happens to be good for CU recruiting, but I doubt that was the intent
From the CU side. CU made a move to talk about hosting one of these 12 ET games. Conference initiative, but they were hoping to have volunteers. Report was that UCLA and CU were the schools known to have stepped up.

Back