What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Media Day (Kisima news inside)

Dude, really?

Really, we sucked, and still do.

The judgement on Embree is going to be if he can turn the ship around against the current. Hawkins left the cupboard bare, the name Colorado means nothing special to most recruits, we haven't mattered since they were in elementary school. To make things worse we played a brutal schedule with a bunch of critical injuries last year with a team that had accepted losing under Hawkins.

I don't know if Embree will turn it around or not, it is just to early to tell. At the same time I can't name a coach that was actually available to us last year who would have done better than Embree did. Now he has to show that he can move us forward.

Hansen , stewart, clemons,deehan ,miller and adkins all gone on offense. Hope the defense is much better cause this team doesn't look to have the playmakers and of course depth to be able to score much.

Hope p-rich can play but we'll see. Maybe this will force them to actually use the TE'S this season.

Webb or connor at QB.

Ball control, run ad run and run and with a better defense, maybe cu can scratch out 6 wins.

Against WSU we would have won had we had anything resembling 4 healthy DBs. We started the game with Lockridge at CB, a guy who two weeks earlier was a third string 5'6" RB and who had never played CB at the college level or even much in HS. He got hurt early in the game and was replaced by Jason Espinoza, a very high effort guy who is 5'8" and lacks D1 speed at CB who two weeks prior was a walk-on WR.

Even then we were in position to win the game. The decisive play was a deep pass completed on Anthony Perkins, a very experienced safety who due to injury should never have been on the field but who was playing because we didn't have anyone else. Perkins had suffered multiple leg injuries in season following injuries in prior seasons and ran at best a 4.9 40 or the speed of a good O-lineman. He got beat on a good move by a much faster WR and an excellent ball fake by the QB and could never recover.

On pure talent we should never have been within 20 points of WSU who was bigger, faster, and stronger as well as more experienced at most positions. This was the case with every PAC game we played.

As to the difference in scoring statistics you are comparing a team from two years ago that was playing from behind most games and got a lot of consolation TDs in garbage time to a team that played more tight games. You are also comparing a team that played against a weaker schedule and scored some points in losses (45 in a loss to Kansas impacts the scoring average as does 35 and 24 in losses to Tech and Baylor) against a team that played one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Embree made some mistakes as you would expect from a first year coach but with the talent on this team last year and the talent that actually was on the field in the end winning three games is not a bad result.

I am expecting an improvement this year and hoping for six wins and a bowl but make no mistake, this team still has huge holes in talent compared to other schools in our conference. We are also dealing with the ongoing process of completely changing a culture of losing that permeated this program when Embree took over. That is not something that can be changed overnight. I'm not excited about the recruiting but the recruits know that we suck as well. The ones will multiple options aren't going to jump at the opportunity to play for a team in the condition our program is. At least it looks like we are recruiting PAC level athletes. If they will develop into PAC level players is still to be seen but I can't name a different coach who CU could have hired who would be doing better right now.

Wow.:lol:

To argue that we should have never been within 20 points of Wazzu is flat-out horse****. Neither team had a particularly overwhelming talent advantage and that was magnified with how the game played out. No one is arguing our talent is great, but stop making ridiculous statements to make excuses for Embree.

I have no idea where you got the idea that the 2010 team scored a lot of consolation TDs. That team either played games within a TD or were blown out and scored very little. The 2011 team played some tight games... and also had at least five losses that were already decided by halftime. All those losses you mention for the 2010 team were well in doubt into the 4th quarter, so yes, the offense gets some credit for keeping us in those games. It is okay to just admit the 2010 team was better on offense. Really, it's okay.

Well I guess we can look forward to Bieniemy not having first year growing pains?:rolling_eyes:

Wow.:lol:

To argue that we should have never been within 20 points of Wazzu is flat-out horse****. Neither team had a particularly overwhelming talent advantage and that was magnified with how the game played out. No one is arguing our talent is great, but stop making ridiculous statements to make excuses for Embree.

I have no idea where you got the idea that the 2010 team scored a lot of consolation TDs. That team either played games within a TD or were blown out and scored very little. The 2011 team played some tight games... and also had at least five losses that were already decided by halftime. All those losses you mention for the 2010 team were well in doubt into the 4th quarter, so yes, the offense gets some credit for keeping us in those games. It is okay to just admit the 2010 team was better on offense. Really, it's okay.
I agree with him re: WSU. If you could stand on the field to see the actual discrepancy, I think you'd agree too. They had twice the athleticism that we had when we played.

I agree with him re: WSU. If you could stand on the field to see the actual discrepancy, I think you'd agree too. They had twice the athleticism that we had when we played.
There is no way WSU had twice the athleticism than we had.

Perkins biting on not one, but two stop and goes is unacceptable for a senior. Hurt or not, that's just bush league. You're a senior safety and the game is in the final minutes, DON'T LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU!

Even if he hadn't bit he would have been beaten, he could come close to running with the guy. They had run patterns underneath him all day.

I was in the 9th row about the 40 yard line. Our guys for the most part looked like a jr. high team against a HS team compared to them. At most positions they were taller, heavier, and faster. The Bozo from Boise left a mid-level WAC roster. Then to have key guys falling like dominos made it worse.

I am in no way saying that Embree did a good job. We just don't know with the situation he was in. We need to see progress this season and next then we can reasonably make a judgement.

There is no way WSU had twice the athleticism than we had.

Perkins biting on not one, but two stop and goes is unacceptable for a senior. Hurt or not, that's just bush league. You're a senior safety and the game is in the final minutes, DON'T LET ANYONE GET BEHIND YOU!

And I bet he feels the same way you do. The real problem is that he was a significantly limited athlete (due to injuries) that had been compensating for group of green/new db's all game...this is also why our safeties looked so out of place a lot last year IMHO. I stand by my comment regarding the discrepancy of our athletes...it is the single biggest source of disappointment from my perspective over the last several years. And to be fair, DII didn't inherit a situation that was much, if any, better. It has been SHOCKING to me every single time I have had the opportunity to see it up close. There are certainly exceptions, and I don't care to create a list, but (as I eluded to before) we have had way bigger holes in our athletic aptitude than any other FBS program that plays in a major conference. Some other coaches of opposing teams literally feel sorry when they have played us over the last several years...and no, that is not a joke. That is the last I'll talk about this subject in this thread, because I don't want it to extrapolate into something that would truly be unfair for the current team....other than to say I truly believe that we are getting much better athletically, regardless of what some say about our recruiting.

And I bet he feels the same way you do. The real problem is that he was a significantly limited athlete (due to injuries) that had been compensating for group of green/new db's all game...this is also why our safeties looked so out of place a lot last year IMHO. I stand by my comment regarding the discrepancy of our athletes...it is the single biggest source of disappointment from my perspective over the last several years. And to be fair, DII didn't inherit a situation that was much, if any, better. It has been SHOCKING to me every single time I have had the opportunity to see it up close. There are certainly exceptions, and I don't care to create a list, but (as I eluded to before) we have had way bigger holes in our athletic aptitude than any other FBS program that plays in a major conference. Some other coaches of opposing teams literally feel sorry when they have played us over the last several years...and no, that is not a joke. That is the last I'll talk about this subject in this thread, because I don't want it to extrapolate into something that would truly be unfair for the current team....other than to say I truly believe that we are getting much better athletically, regardless of what some say about our recruiting.

Barzil?

Are people forgetting that WSU has been the worst BCS team by far the past 6 years?

If your intent is to hide my comment, than yeah, probably not a bad idea

Sorry, didn't realize you weren't a club member. Barzil is the private forum where such things as you noted above are discussed.

Are people forgetting that WSU has been the worst BCS team by far the past 6 years?

I was close enough to not only hear Embree cuss but be able to understand the words he was using and my vision is very good. WSU had better athletes on that field than we did.

I was at the Wazzu game as well and really only a handful of their players stood out on either team. They were bigger, but the overall talent discrepancy was minimal. Neither team was particularly good (as we saw as the season played out) and it came down to the last two minutes. Let's stop pretending like it took a monumental coaching job to keep it within a few touchdowns.

I was at the Wazzu game as well and really only a handful of their players stood out on either team. They were bigger, but the overall talent discrepancy was minimal. Neither team was particularly good (as we saw as the season played out) and it came down to the last two minutes. Let's stop pretending like it took a monumental coaching job to keep it within a few touchdowns.

How good is your vision and were you within hearing distance of the Colorado coaching staff?

I can buy Cal but not WSU. They're one of the few teams that have been worse than us and we were at home. That's one of my most despised loss last year. No way should a senior bite on the same route multiple times, especially with how little time was left.

Tini, we should have won by 14-21 but the altitude got to us and we stopped running and our QB started throwing only to his brother. We also sucked last year. Now WSU, yeah I agree. I lost $200 on that game. I don't understand that one. I'm still mad. Nobody loses to WSU at home. Based on last year's performance however, where do you think CU should be ranked this year?

Tini, we should have won by 14-21 but the altitude got to us and we stopped running and our QB started throwing only to his brother. We also sucked last year. Now WSU, yeah I agree. I lost $200 on that game. I don't understand that one. I'm still mad. Nobody loses to WSU at home. Based on last year's performance however, where do you think CU should be ranked this year?
Your excuses smell like stewed monkey poo. You got lucky son.

Pre-season or what?

Hmmm that's tough with the amount of new coaches but I think ASU, UA, CU, and WSU can all be interchanged for 8-12 but I'd put us ahead of Arizona for sure.

Thanks Tini. I put you ahead of AZ and ASU this year. Perhaps even Utah. Also, **** darth.

Wasnt at the game but watched. The talent level was very comparable with wazpoo. It came down to the end for a reason. Perk was crippled and didnt stay deep, was so damn crippled he couldnt just tackle the guy to take the penalty. I still dont know what happened on the double bear ****er reverse against Cal where we got roughing the qb, if I recall. Yogi sure liked the call.

Yeah, lucky we played you Anakin.

[video=youtube;mevnuABXxac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevnuABXxac[/video]

You want the prior year too?

Of course it looks like you should have won when you only show the good Cal highlights :lol:

Wasnt at the game but watched. The talent level was very comparable with wazpoo. It came down to the end for a reason. Perk was crippled and didnt stay deep, was so damn crippled he couldnt just tackle the guy to take the penalty. I still dont know what happened on the double bear ****er reverse against Cal where we got roughing the qb, if I recall. Yogi sure liked the call.
I remember that call, what a bull**** call. There was a big missed call on 3rd or 4th in OT where Richardson got pushed from behind and fell instead of catching the ball because of it.

Back