What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Days (July 26-27)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://pac-12.com/football/media-days

PAC-12 FOOTBALL MEDIA DAY SPECIAL TV SCHEDULE - WEDNESDAY, JULY 26

SpeakersTime
pac-12-logo.png
Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott9:40 a.m. PT / 10:40 a.m. MT
washington-logo.png
Chris Petersen (HC)
Jake Browning (QB) & Keishawn Bierria (LB)
9:50 a.m. PT / 10:50 a.m. MT
10:06 a.m. PT / 11:06 a.m. MT
arizona-logo.png
Rich Rodriguez (HC)
Jacob Alsadek (OL) & DeAndre' Miller (LB)
10:16 a.m. PT / 11:16 a.m. MT
10:31 a.m. PT / 11:31 a.m. MT
california-logo.png
Justin Wilcox (HC)
Tre Watson (RB) & James Looney (DT)
10:42 a.m. PT / 11:42 a.m. MT
10:57 a.m. PT / 11:57 a.m. MT
ucla-logo.png
Jim Mora (HC)
Scott Quessenberry (OT) & Kenny Young (LB)
11:08 a.m. PT / 12:08 p.m. MT
11:23 a.m. PT / 12:23 p.m. MT
oregon-state-logo.png
Gary Andersen (HC)
Ryan Nall (RB) & Manase Hungalu (LB)
11:34 a.m. PT / 12:34 p.m. MT
11:48 a.m. PT / 12:48 p.m. MT
colorado-logo.png
Mike MacIntyre (HC)
Phillip Lindsay (RB) & Derek McCartney (LB)
11:59 a.m. PT / 12:59 p.m. MT
12:14 p.m. PT / 1:14 p.m. MT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PAC-12 FOOTBALL MEDIA DAY SPECIAL TV SCHEDULE - THURSDAY, JULY 27

SpeakersTime
pac-12-logo.png
Pac-12 VP of Officiating David Coleman9:40 a.m. PT / 10:40 a.m. MT
utah-logo.png
Kyle Whittingham (HC)
Salesi Uhatafe (RG) & Filipo Mokofisi (DT)
9:50 a.m. PT / 10:50 a.m. MT
10:06 a.m. PT / 11:06 a.m. MT
oregon-logo.png
Willie Taggart (HC)
Justin Herbert (QB) & Troy Dye (LB)
10:16 a.m. PT / 11:16 a.m. MT
10:31 a.m. PT / 11:31 a.m. MT
arizona-state-logo.png
Todd Graham (HC)
Kalen Ballage (RB) & JoJo Wicker (DL)
10:42 a.m. PT / 11:42 a.m. MT
10:57 a.m. PT / 11:57 a.m. MT
stanford-logo.png
David Shaw (HC)
Bryce Love (RB) & Harrison Phillips (DT)
11:08 a.m. PT / 12:08 p.m. MT
11:23 a.m. PT / 12:23 p.m. MT
washington-state-logo.png
Mike Leach (HC)
Jamal Morrow (RB) & Peyton Pelluer (LB)
11:34 a.m. PT / 12:34 p.m. MT
11:48 a.m. PT / 12:48 p.m. MT
usc-logo.png
Clay Helton (HC)
Sam Darnold (QB) & Cameron Smith (LB)
11:59 a.m. PT / 12:59 p.m. MT
12:14 p.m. PT / 1:14 p.m. MT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Love how Utah's Whittingham will be speaking after Head of Officals given last year's Utah-Cal game.

h

Watching the Pac-12 Championship re-run on PACN right now ahead of media days.

I'd forgotten how early Sefo got hurt. Buffs were driving with 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Sefo had broken off a big run. Then on a 2nd down from their 36, Washington ran a blitz on a CU pass play where their DL cleared out the middle and the ILB came free. Lindsay stepped up and picked him up cleanly. However, Sefo missed the read and double clutched instead of letting it rip. That allowed a 2nd delayed blitz up the middle from the OLB time to circle into the open middle of the line and come free. Destroyed Sefo and hurt his ankle, knocking him out of the game.

Despite that, Buffs rolled on the next drive and tied it at 7 to end the first quarter. If we'd stayed with Montez, who knows what would have happened. The offense didn't do much of anything in the 2nd quarter, but they were getting starting field position deep in our own territory and our OL was getting no push. Hard to put that on the QB for not moving the team out of there. But after the UW touchdown when they got it at the 25, Montez did drive them far enough to reverse field position. Buffs were absolutely in this ball game down 14-7 at the half. Should have rolled with Montez. Sefo even told the coaches he wasn't close to 100%. (I think he said something like, "I'm about 80%, but if you put me in I'll give 100% of that 80%." Ugh.

I do question whether CU's defense would have held up. From the jump, Washington was getting huge YPC running straight ahead, particularly at the Samson/Gilbert/Olugbode side. Might have been inevitable that the defense wore down. But, man, we were much closer to being in that game than I remembered.

Last edited:
Watching the Pac-12 Championship re-run on PACN right now ahead of media days.

I'd forgotten how early Sefo got hurt. Buffs were driving with 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Sefo had broken off a big run. Then on a 2nd down from their 36, Washington ran a blitz on a CU pass play where their DL cleared out the middle and the ILB came free. Lindsay stepped up and picked him up cleanly. However, Sefo missed the read and double clutched instead of letting it rip. That allowed a 2nd delayed blitz up the middle from the OLB time to circle into the open middle of the line and come free. Destroyed Sefo and hurt his ankle, knocking him out of the game.

Despite that, Buffs rolled on the next drive and tied it at 7 to end the first quarter. If we'd stayed with Montez, who knows what would have happened. The offense didn't do much of anything in the 2nd quarter, but they were getting starting field position deep in our own territory and our OL was getting no push. Hard to put that on the QB for not moving the team out of there. But after the UW touchdown when they got it at the 25, Montez did drive them far enough to reverse field position. Buffs were absolutely in this ball game down 14-7 at the half. Should have rolled with Montez. Sefo even told the coaches he wasn't close to 100%. (I think he said something like, "I'm about 80%, but if you put me in I'll give 100% of that 80%." Ugh.

I do question whether CU's defense would have held up. From the jump, Washington was getting huge YPC running straight ahead, particularly at the Samson/Gilbert/Olugbode side. Might have been inevitable that the defense wore down. But, man, we were much closer to being in that game than I remembered.
To me, the play that made me realize it was just one of those days and poor matchups, was the John Ross hitch that he took for a TD. I think we were already down by a few scores at the time, but our best defensive player misread it, appeared the go for an INT or something, and then Ross just ran past everyone else. That was a "when it rains, it pours" moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Pick-6 to open the 2nd half was so ugly. Late, wounded duck high and behind Jay Mac who was running free across the middle (JM turned around and got his hands on it, so he'd probably say it was his fault even though it would have been an insane circus catch), but that was an absolutely horrible pass. The INT on the next possession was even worse. Couldn't put anything on the ball on what was a bad decision that would have required a laser throw and the defender easily cut underneath it for the INT. So bad. Feel like we gave that game away. Every pass Sefo tried to make in the 2nd half was too slow on the release and had nothing on it.

Something else with Sefo that was a problem his entire career and especially apparent in this game is that he held onto the ball too long. This caused so many underthrows and opportunities for pass defenders to get back into plays. But the worst part of it was that he took so many big hits he didn't need to. Dude was so tough, but man did he also put himself into a lot of bad spots by double and triple clutching instead of making quick decisions and cutting loose. I think sometimes the reason saw him play his best when he was hurt is for the very reason that he was pumping adrenaline and he went gunslinger at those times instead of being a beat slow on his release.

That Pick-6 to open the 2nd half was so ugly. Late, wounded duck high and behind Jay Mac who was running free across the middle (JM turned around and got his hands on it, so he'd probably say it was his fault even though it would have been an insane circus catch), but that was an absolutely horrible pass. The INT on the next possession was even worse. Couldn't put anything on the ball on what was a bad decision that would have required a laser throw and the defender easily cut underneath it for the INT. So bad. Feel like we gave that game away. Every pass Sefo tried to make in the 2nd half was too slow on the release and had nothing on it.

the book on sefo was to get to him and put the hurt on him because he would expose himself more than other starting qbs. uw went after him hard and put a little extra on the hits, knowing he was already damaged. the 2nd half was painful to watch.

Back