What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 needs to evaluate

The problem is, those empty seats in the first few rows are probably 75% of the empty seats in the arena. It doesn't show well in TV, but it isn't representative of the fan support as a whole.

And that was 3:28 into the game, with a late arriving crowd due to traffic/weather. I'm pretty sure it would be tough for Daaaaaaaaaah to find a picture to prove his point within a few minutes after that.

Just stop with this. Tad doesn't coach like this and doesn't want fans like this. We lost but we didn't act like bitches or embarrass the school on ESPN. Nobody is proud for that Nebraska game a few years ago and we don't want a repeat.

Tante... I'm dealing hyperbole here. I know we don't want stuff thrown on the court. But some negative reaction from the STUDENTS should be expected. Spontaneous chants should be encouraged.

Exactly. How did the refs allow it to get to the point where that's the way they had to play defense?

When Mayor got called for a blocking foul when Buttchinski hip checked him off a moving screen into the dribbler, I knew it was going to get real nasty.

He continued to get away with that, and even did it when he had 4 fouls. He was only called on it once all night.

The problem is, those empty seats in the first few rows are probably 75% of the empty seats in the arena. It doesn't show well in TV, but it isn't representative of the fan support as a whole.

So make the first 5 rows GA!!! That's my point!

Tante... I'm dealing hyperbole here. I know we don't want stuff thrown on the court. But some negative reaction from the STUDENTS should be expected. Spontaneous chants should be encouraged.

Are you ****ing serious?

Attendance? Really? I was there. This was not a poorly attended game.

Had some students show up late. Had some folks leave early (mostly those with younger kids). And it is ****ing impossible to get from your seat to the club room at halftime, even leaving with time left on the clock, get through the service line to buy a drink, drink it, and get back to your seat before the 2nd half starts.

But the Keg was pretty packed and very loud in the 2nd half. Really, from the moment the ASU player tried to save a ball from going out of bounds around mid-court, bounced it out of bounds unable to get it back in, and the refs gave possession to ASU... it was very rowdy in there.

I agree with this statement. It seems most of the empty seat are in the first 15 rows on the scorers table side of the building. I also think the light color of the seats makes them stand out on the tv screen. I think anyone at the game tonight would say it was a pretty full house.

So make the first 5 rows GA!!! That's my point!
Or just monitor the usage. They track student attendance, do the same with season tickets. Don't grant priority points if they go unused over 50% of games.

Or just monitor the usage. They track student attendance, do the same with season tickets. Don't grant priority points if they go unused over 50% of games.

How about DNA testing to make sure they don't sell them either.

Exactly. How did the refs allow it to get to the point where that's the way they had to play defense?

When Mayor got called for a blocking foul when Buttchinski hip checked him off a moving screen into the dribbler, I knew it was going to get real nasty.
I have no idea. It was bad before this. I am guessing that since they let the first part of the game go that they wanted the kids to decide it the whole game. I hate it, but I watch the officials 90% of the game. I saw an ASU guy take off from 10 feet from behind the 3 point line, turn around, like he was boxing out, and completely take out a CU guy. I can't remember who the CU guy was but he ended up 10 feet, on the ground, from where he was standing. I can list about 10 other fouls that CU got away with but it was out of control on both sides.

Attendance? Really? I was there. This was not a poorly attended game.

Had some students show up late. Had some folks leave early (mostly those with younger kids). And it is ****ing impossible to get from your seat to the club room at halftime, even leaving with time left on the clock, get through the service line to buy a drink, drink it, and get back to your seat before the 2nd half starts.

But the Keg was pretty packed and very loud in the 2nd half. Really, from the moment the ASU player tried to save a ball from going out of bounds around mid-court, bounced it out of bounds unable to get it back in, and the refs gave possession to ASU... it was very rowdy in there.

Hope the crowd can be a rowdy atmosphere for a late start on Thursday.

This wasn't a 'must win', as crazy as it sounds. However, Utah most certainly is. This team has to find a way to 20-10, 10-8. I still don't think a Bay Area win is out of the question to make us 21-9, 11-7. And **** it, we likely aren't getting a top 4 seed now, but I've secretly never minded the extra win being a 5th or 6th seed in the conference tournament gives the record.

How about DNA testing to make sure they don't sell them either.
It's better to sell them, or give them away. At least they'll be used. Those unused premium seats are a pet peeve of mine. All those unused lower bowl corporate seats ruined the atmosphere at Avalanche games years ago.

It's better to sell them, or give them away. At least they'll be used. Those unused premium seats are a pet peeve of mine. All those unused lower bowl corporate seats ruined the atmosphere at Avalanche games years ago.

Pisses me off because I've tried to upgrade closer to the court for the last 2 years and been told nothing is available.

Speaking of empty seats...... I'm going to be out of town next week. First person to pm me an address gets 2 tickets to the Utah game.

Edit: Tickets taken.

Last edited:

I'd like to see that.

I feel I'm getting an unfair rap here. I've been pointing out that the games do not look particularly well attended on TV for a while. Attnedence #'s and anecdotal accounts from the games contradict what the TV shows. Before the AZ game, people asked what TV feed I was watching that differed from what they were seeing at the games. I posted a picture of the TV feed of what has been described as the biggest game in the keg's history showing lots of open seats. It's obvious that the atmosphere in the keg is different from what it looks like on tv.

If the atmosphere is actually better than it is represented on TV, how can we show it for what it is to potential fans and recruits?

Pisses me off because I've tried to upgrade closer to the court for the last 2 years and been told nothing is available.
Yep. It's definitely a balancing act for the ticket office, since those seats obviously belong to those who've held tickets for a number of years. I'd like to see them be proactive in trying to get butts in those seats though. CU basketball has come too far to let those same tickets go unused every night.

For those of you who weren't there, you need to understand the atmosphere that was created by the officiating tonight. Fans were seriously angry. It was on the edge of becoming a very bad scene. Players were being put in danger while calls favored the visiting team. I was honestly worried that something was going to happen. The situation with Scott getting knocked out cold escalated things a lot. Refs lost control and watching it was a very helpless feeling as our kids were getting hurt.

Before CU starts taking attendance, they need to fix the parking situation. It takes over 30 minutes to get from 36 to the garage.

Just stop with this. Tad doesn't coach like this and doesn't want fans like this. We lost but we didn't act like bitches or embarrass the school on ESPN. Nobody is proud for that Nebraska game a few years ago and we don't want a repeat.

+3

I was as pissed as anyone and wanted to punch a wall watching the mugging that was taking place on the court but I sure as hell do not want the highlights on sports center to be of CU being embarrassed by ****** behavior. The fans did everything right tonight and were more than solid. The officials let ASU turn this one into an MMA fight and that is exactly the game they wanted and the only one they could win.

Larry needs to fix this and bring the officiating up to the level the conference deserves, both in bball and football.

For those of you who weren't there, you need to understand the atmosphere that was created by the officiating tonight. Fans were seriously angry. It was on the edge of becoming a very bad scene. Players were being put in danger while calls favored the visiting team. I was honestly worried that something was going to happen. The situation with Scott getting knocked out cold escalated things a lot. Refs lost control and watching it was a very helpless feeling as our kids were getting hurt.
the ref seemed to relish counting that basket good as well...

What was going to happen?

Simple solution: Put 4 rows of students on the east side, courtside. Half of the BCS schools do this now and it doesn't take a ****ing genius (ehhemm, Mike Bohn). Enhances the courtside atmosphere and presents well on TV.

Simple solution: Put 4 rows of students on the east side, courtside. Half of the BCS schools do this now and it doesn't take a ****ing genius (ehhemm, Mike Bohn). Enhances the courtside atmosphere and presents well on TV.

The only problem with that is that it totally backfires if the student section is not up to the task. It seems the C-Unit is. Kick out the old farts!

Remember the Nebraska football game? It was close to going there. I thought they were going to need security to get the refs out of the gym.
I do. That was embarrassing.

I saw what happened in this game. The ASU coach was on the baseline screaming out of his mind at the lead official. I've never seen a coach get away with that other than the top coaches in the nation.

I'm not condoning anything that happened in this game but CU has to be more mentally stronger than this. Its going to happen. Hell, we will benefit from it at some point.

I do. That was embarrassing.

I saw what happened in this game. The ASU coach was on the baseline screaming out of his mind at the lead official. I've never seen a coach get away with that other than the top coaches in the nation.

I'm not condoning anything that happened in this game but CU has to be more mentally stronger than this. Its going to happen. Hell, we will benefit from it at some point.
I think the biggest issue is team composition. We're a smaller team that relies on athleticism. When games start to get out of hand like this, even if it's not deliberate, it favors the bigger, more physical teams. CU virtually always comes out on the short end.

This reminded me very, very much of our home OT loss to aTm two years ago. It was right around this time of the year, aTm was getting away with murder, and the atmosphere was getting extremely nasty in the Keg. We desperately needed that win, and had we won, instead of the 73-70 loss, we would have been in the Dance that year. Thankfully, this loss will likely not cause us to miss out on the Dance, and may even be a blessing in disguise of getting us the **** out of that 8-9 spot.

Utah, however, is a must win folks. Let's put this one behind us. It's officially crunch time. We're still in good shape, be thankful that our RPI and SOS are as ridiculously high as they are, but this simply can't carry over like the robbery in Tucson did. And remember, we owe Utah revenge just like we owed Arizona and Arizona State. Utah is a pesky team that's going to try and make this an ugly, physical game. We need to be ready.

Back