What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 needs to evaluate

Really? Biggest game of the season? Biggest game EVAR?

View attachment 11544

You do know that those seats are almost all tickets that are allocated to the visitors for family and such? All the black there, those are the same people who are there (almost) every game, and its typically visitors fans in those empty seats when they are filled. I've mentioned this before, that's the area where my family has seats, I even admitted the one game where most of my family had other commitments. You need to chill on this.

Last edited:
You do know that those seats are almost all tickets that are allocated to the visitors for family and such? All the black there, those are the same people who are there (almost) every game, and its typically visitors fans in those empty seats when they are filled. I've mentioned this before, that's the area where my family has seats, I even admitted the one game where most of my family had other commitments. You need to chill on this.

Hopefully whatever equivalent tickets there are at Cal and Stanfurd will be packed to overflowing by our bay area alumni...

I've always said that CU needs to put the visiting comps in spaced evenly throughout the top 2 rows. **** the visiting families. I don't care if other teams reciprocate or not, this is our arena.

I've always said that CU needs to put the visiting comps in spaced evenly throughout the top 2 rows. **** the visiting families. I don't care if other teams reciprocate or not, this is our arena.

The other side of that is that it may not always be the best idea to have our fans sitting directly behind the visitor bench.

The other side of that is that it may not always be the best idea to have our fans sitting directly behind the visitor bench.
I disagree completely. Those fans should have an obligation to make life miserable for the visiting coaches to communicate to their team, especially during time outs. Be loud, not confrontational.

Daah - he's right if those are the seats you've been referring to out of disappointment this year they are mostly reserved for fans of the visiting team and a screen cap later in the game will show you some significant red behind that bench.

I would love for allbuffs to have the 1st two rows behind the visitors bench. Life would get pretty miserable for any team that comes to the keg.

Daah - he's right if those are the seats you've been referring to out of disappointment this year they are mostly reserved for fans of the visiting team and a screen cap later in the game will show you some significant red behind that bench.

Ok. So that needs to change. My point is that when I watch games of other schools with good basketball atmospheres I don't see large blocks of empty seats on TV. Especially in games described by the local radio guys as the biggest game in the history of the program.

Ok. So that needs to change. My point is that when I watch games of other schools with good basketball atmospheres I don't see large blocks of empty seats on TV. Especially in games described by the local radio guys as the biggest game in the history of the program.

And as Abs said, a few minutes farther into this game and you wouldn't have seen those large blocks of empty seats for that game.

I disagree completely. Those fans should have an obligation to make life miserable for the visiting coaches to communicate to their team, especially during time outs. Be loud, not confrontational.
Pretty sure the student section does a pretty good job of this. And the fans sitting behind the bench need to shut their mouths and stop taunting the student section. At the Arizona game some guy through a water bottle at some clown A of U fan and it ironically domed the cop. It has the potential to get ugly.

Pretty sure the student section does a pretty good job of this. And the fans sitting behind the bench need to shut their mouths and stop taunting the student section. At the Arizona game some guy through a water bottle at some clown A of U fan and it ironically domed the cop. It has the potential to get ugly.
Remove the visitors and the problem goes away.

so larry admonished monty for pushing crabbe but nothing on the violence caused by the refs... sigh... wake the **** up Commissoner Scott

That would also require publicly addressing the officials - something they refuse to do. The refs might have been admonished/suspended/fined, but we'll never find out.

I wonder if the other coaches have as many cordial conversations with Ed Rush as CU does.

I read somewhere that College Basketball does not have conference-specific refs, just regional, I was unaware. So how exactly would the Pac get rid of these refs/ get new ones? Would the entire west region have to be behind it?

I read somewhere that College Basketball does not have conference-specific refs, just regional, I was unaware. So how exactly would the Pac get rid of these refs/ get new ones? Would the entire west region have to be behind it?

The way that it works is that each conference has a coordinator that assigns refs to each team's home games. For the Pac-12 that is Ed Rush. Each referee is an independent contractor and these ref's can be "picked-up" by the conference. So the ref's can be picked up by multiple conferences and aren't dedicated or prohibited from reffing multiple conferences. So if Ed Rush and the Pac-12 had an issue with a particular ref he could simply stop picking him up.

There are lots of problems with the way college refereeing works and not just in the P-12. Refs are paid about 1000 a game plus expenses, this sounds like a lot, but they don't get benefits nor have they paid taxes on that yet. Most guys have other day jobs. They also don't work in refereeing "crews" like the NBA typically does, so refs aren't used to the other refs out there. The list goes on and on, but there isn't a simple fix, an overhaul is in order.

Last edited:
The way that it works is that each conference has a coordinator that assigns refs to each team's home games. For the Pac-12 that is Ed Rush. Each referee is an independent contractor and these ref's can be "picked-up" by the conference. So the ref's can be picked up by multiple conferences and aren't dedicated or prohibited from reffing multiple conferences. So if Ed Rush and the Pac-12 had an issue with a particular ref he couldn't simply stop picking him up.

There are lots of problems with the way college refereeing works and not just in the P-12. Refs are paid about 1000 a game plus expenses, this sounds like a lot, but they don't get benefits nor have they paid taxes on that yet. Most guys have other day jobs. They also don't work in refereeing "crews" like the NBA typically does, so refs aren't used to the other refs out there. The list goes on and on, but there isn't a simple fix, an overhaul is in order.

Interesting, thanks JG!

Oregon vs Oregon State starting to show shades of our ASU game, refs at least called a tech to try and keep it under control. Calls really starting to fall Oregon's way after that.

Back