What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 net and olympic sports

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
I've said it a bunch, but I'd really love to see some ski coverage on P12 net. with CU and UU being probably the top two programs in the country, it would make sense to showcase those teams.

Who do I e-mail to encourage something like this? I've checked the P12 net site, but I don't find any e-mail addresses or contact info.

I've said it a bunch, but I'd really love to see some ski coverage on P12 net. with CU and UU being probably the top two programs in the country, it would make sense to showcase those teams.

Who do I e-mail to encourage something like this? I've checked the P12 net site, but I don't find any e-mail addresses or contact info.

Skiing is not a Pac 12 sanctioned sport. Go to pac-12.com and look for skiing. It isn't there.

The ski team is in the RMISA - Rocky Mountain Intercollegiate Ski Association.
Members include U of Alaska at Anchorage, CU, DU, Montana State, New Mexico and Utah.
Colo Mtn College, Westminster College and Wyoming are associate members.

That said, if the P12N featured somthing on the UU and CU ski teams, I'd watch.

Skiing is not a Pac 12 sanctioned sport. Go to pac-12.com and look for skiing. It isn't there.

The ski team is in the RMISA - Rocky Mountain Intercollegiate Ski Association.
Members include U of Alaska at Anchorage, CU, DU, Montana State, New Mexico and Utah.
Colo Mtn College, Westminster College and Wyoming are associate members.

That said, if the P12N featured somthing on the UU and CU ski teams, I'd watch.

I get that, but it doesn't keep the P12 from counting CU and UU's national championships in their running count though, does it?

Even if it's not an officially sanctioned conference sport, I would think that having the top two teams in the country would be cause enough to show it on the network that they own. I get it that schools like Arizona State and Southern Cal won't have ski teams.

Well crud...

After a lot of digging around in the P12 network website, I did manage to find a place to send feedback. I sent in a request for ski coverage. The response was that for events that aren't held in an enclosed venue like a football stadium or arena, production costs are too high. That explains why we never get any cross country coverage, either.

No mention of the fact that skiing isn't a sanctioned conference sport. It apparently has everything to do with the production costs. I guess I can understand that. Setting up 20+ cameras to film skiiers coming down a hill isn't easy, especially when you only need 4-5 cameras in a basketball arena.

This doesn't mean I still wouldn't want to see it. Maybe for the national championships or something.

It'd be great if Jamie Guy and the CU Video team put something together. Even an hour long production on the ski team competing for a national championship over the course of the season would have value.

Back