What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Network and what pisses me off...

Cox is a big disappointment in this whole deal. From the Wilner blog posts, it sounds as if they were backing away for some reason, only carrying the network in the footprint and select markets. Here in Kansas I guess I am lucky to get PACNat on the standard def, as they didn't offer it at all in Oklahoma. Sounds like they don't want to take anymore bandwith up without seeing some numbers first on viewership and going outside the footprint in select markets will probably provide the data they need to add to all of their systems, Oklahoma excluded (at least until OU plays a road game against a PAC school that is only shown on the PAC network). The bigger issue though is that if they don't offer the channel in your area, you can't access the online streams.

i live in south carolina and have since 2002. every friggin CU game that has been on TV, i have been able to watch sitting on my couch. without exception.

now, we have this great new deal for all of this money for the conference, and i have no idea if i will be able to watch a single CU conference game.

so, what exactly is in it for the fan? yeah! CU gets tons more money but i cant watch a game? how does this set up make things better for the fan if, what?, 30% of us cant even watch a game?

MB talks about engaging the alumni and scott talks about expanding the reach of the conference but then if you are east of the mississippi, you dont get to see ****? how in the world does this make sense.

if anything they should be making it easier for us to get games on the east coast if they truely want to expand interest in the conference.

what the hell good is it going to be to the conference if no media writers in the east can catch a USC or Oregon game?

i love the fact that CU is now in the pac 12. for the long term, it is a much better fit. but, it is also pissing me off that the pac 12 is trying to make it so difficult for me to catch a CU game.

i have never, ever had that problem before.

i understand that its all money driven and that puts fans in spot #2. i just dont have to like it.

really? the pac 12 cant do all they can in thier power to make sure that the fans on the east coast can get to see thier team play?

really?

its really pissing me off.

RIght on!

I am right there with you! If they really wanted to expand their brand and make $$ then this whole network would be broadcasted online for free and they could make $$ off of the commercials that they play during normal commercial breaks. Instead they have turned this thing into a money grab and not only do they still show the commercials but they make you pay a provider to show the channel too. It is clear that expanding the brand and getting exposure is not the priority here. If it were, the fans would be able to watch the games without any problems.

They really lost an opportunity to build a foundation of fan support for not only the local bases but, nationally too. Too bad! At least I can see the home games when security doesn't take an hour to get through.

Only available live if you're a subscriber to a network that is televising the game.

And you are already subscribed and paying for cable, in which case, why the hell are you watching it online when you probably have a big screen and HD in the living room. Could be useful on a tablet at the game though or if you are at work... But really, if you cant be at home, you probably aren't watching too closely anyway.

Here's the condensed version of the original post.

I want what I want and I want it now!

6a00e554ee71f688330105365f6da4970b-500wi

I just watched Washington State game from last season and the broadcast was ****ed up...the screen was blurry and it looked like the edges were magnified. pack 12 says that cox Las Vegas has 334 and 1334 (digital) but 1334 is missing from my channel guide. I hope they clean this **** up.

The converted the old SD game to HD. The WSU and the Cal game both had this look.

And you are already subscribed and paying for cable, in which case, why the hell are you watching it online when you probably have a big screen and HD in the living room. Could be useful on a tablet at the game though or if you are at work... But really, if you cant be at home, you probably aren't watching too closely anyway.

I think it also means that if a game's on the Pac-12 Networks you can watch it regardless of whether it's on tv in your area. Kind of like an online NFL Sunday Ticket for the Pac-12.

Back