What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Unfortunately CU sports isn't worth switching from DTV.
This. im not switching my setup because the pac and CU made a bad business decision. ive already given up season tickets, and now they dont want the local fan base involved with the program... ill be back when the games are on local channels like CSU and the ACC.

This. im not switching my setup because the pac and CU made a bad business decision. ive already given up season tickets, and now they dont want the local fan base involved with the program... ill be back when the games are on local channels like CSU and the ACC.

lmfao. You're right cu should give up millions so we can be like csu. :lol:

To those considering dropping DTV - do yourself a favor and go to Dish. If you switch to Comcast you will want to kill yourself. I'm all for people dumping DTV, just don't make the same mistake I did. Dealing with Comcast made me want to stab a puppy. I was back with DTV within six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Once again, I completely disagree. I've had Comcast forever and rarely have issues. They always offer discounts if you call and ask and are quick with service issues. I've never had the issues that Sacky loves to whine about incessantly. Plus my service isn't affected by severe weather.

Once again, I completely disagree. I've had Comcast forever and rarely have issues. They always offer discounts if you call and ask and are quick with service issues. I've never had the issues that Sacky loves to whine about incessantly. Plus my service isn't affected by severe weather.
Have you ever had DirecTV?

The difference is amazing. I've had them both and I know the difference.

Have you ever had DirecTV?

The difference is amazing. I've had them both and I know the difference.

I have not had both, and I'm sure DirectTV is fine. However, the reason for that is because I've had such great experiences with Comcast. Why switch when you are satisfied? I also don't want the eyesore of a satellite dish on my place. I'm just arguing your blanket statement that Comcast sucks. It doesn't. Plus Comcast has the fastest internet which you can bundle with your cable.

You have unabashed hatred for Comcast, and that is fine. I'm just providing a counterpoint. I also have Pac 12 Network and you don't.

I have not had both, and I'm sure DirectTV is fine. However, the reason for that is because I've had such great experiences with Comcast. Why switch when you are satisfied? I also don't want the eyesore of a satellite dish on my place. I'm just arguing your blanket statement that Comcast sucks. It doesn't. Plus Comcast has the fastest internet which you can bundle with your cable.

You have unabashed hatred for Comcast, and that is fine. I'm just providing a counterpoint. I also have Pac 12 Network and you don't.

I have no unabashed hatred for Comcast. They suck in comparison to DTV. I defy you to find one person who has had both who won't tell you the same thing. From most accounts Dish users are pretty happy. My point was to let people who have DTV know that if they should change, they should change to Dish as opposed to Comcast.

I switched from DTV to Comcast. I miss Sunday ticket, but I love not having to get up on the roof to clear snow off my antenna every time there's like .2 inches of snow outside.

I'm sure it will be sweet to watch CU football when we don't suck, but right now....it just makes me drink more and then go do yardwork.

I switched from DTV to Comcast. I miss Sunday ticket, but I love not having to get up on the roof to clear snow off my antenna every time there's like .2 inches of snow outside.

I'm sure it will be sweet to watch CU football when we don't suck, but right now....it just makes me drink more and then go do yardwork.

I laugh every time I hear people complaining about having to clear snow off the dish so often. I've had dtv for three years, live in the Denver metro area, and watch a lot of TV, and I've had to clear off my dish exactly 1 time.

DirecTV and P12 is not going to happen. I know someone at Direct. They don't care...they see their market in Asia and L. America...they just do not care about P12.
You may be right, but I live in Latin America and DirectTv appears to be the only US satellite provider offering service in Chile. At least I can't find the others. I was hoping to get Direct so I could finally watch the Buffs return to dominance (thanks for the terminology GB).

Guess I am stuck with trying to stream online.

I didn't have to clear snow from the dish once this winter. In the 10+ years I've had DTV, I had to clear it maybe five or six times. Compare that to the dozen or so service interruptions I had when I was with cable and it's a good trade. I can clear snow from the dish in about three minutes. There's no telling how long it will take a cable tech to find and fix a broken line.

I will say this in comcasts defense- their web speed is second to none. It was a noticeable difference for the hard wired connection. The wi-fi was intermittent, though. As that's where we do the majority of our home computing, we are actually better off now with the improved router that DTV provided.

BTW - the DTV DVR will record something like five hundred hours of programing and up to four shows simultaneously. Comcast has nothing even remotely compatible.

On Sunday our dtv DVR crapped out...late, about 11pm. I called in and this morning this the new DVR arrived. 20 minutes on the phone and thirty six hours later we are back up and running.

I have no unabashed hatred for Comcast. They suck in comparison to DTV. I defy you to find one person who has had both who won't tell you the same thing. From most accounts Dish users are pretty happy. My point was to let people who have DTV know that if they should change, they should change to Dish as opposed to Comcast.

<waves>

I made the change from DTV and am happy with Comcast. Fast internet, problem free phone service and the TV stuff has been great so far. the on-demand stuff is far superior to DTV, the DVR's can record 2 times the shows at once and are more responsive than the laggy DVR's I had from DTV. Plus I have a couple of Pac12 networks and they gave me every channel under the sun for a year for free. And all that for $130 less per month than I was paying with DTV/CTL(phone)/Comcast(int) combo.

Only downsides have been that I learned quickly to not call their support line, just go down to the store (inconvenient for sure) and learning where all my channels are is a huge pain in the ass.

to be clear, I didn't hate DTV. They were good to us. We started looking becasue of the P12 network then discovered we could save a **** ton of money so we jumped.

Last edited:
I switched from Comcast to DTV and totally regret it. I thought we'd save money, but the bundle with Centurylink Internet ends up costing the same. I did have to sweep snow off the dish at least 5-6 times this winter which isn't terribly difficult, but it sucks to turn on a show you've recorded only to find out it never recorded because of snow on the dish.

My biggest beef however is with on demand - Comcast is far superior IMO. DTV may have the same amount of content, but the navigation is AWFUL. It's hard to find what you want and it's not easy to filter through options to find free movies, new releases, etc. I usually just give up and watch Office Space for the 200th time.

<waves>

I made the change from DTV and am happy with Comcast. Fast internet, problem free phone service and the TV stuff has been great so far. the on-demand stuff is far superior to DTV, the DVR's can record 2 times the shows at once and are more responsive than the laggy DVR's I had from DTV. Plus I have a couple of Pac12 networks and they gave me every channel under the sun for a year for free. And all that for $130 less per month than I was paying with DTV/CTL(phone)/Comcast(int) combo.

Only downsides have been that I learned quickly to not call their support line, just go down to the store (inconvenient for sure) and learning where all my channels are is a huge pain in the ass.

to be clear, I didn't hate DTV. They were good to us. We started looking becasue of the P12 network then discovered we could save a **** ton of money so we jumped.

You must have gotten a different DVR than what I got. The first one they gave me was awful, the second one was terrible. I didn't wait around for the third. DTV's DVR records 4 shows at once and had 100x the space that the Comcast one had. I agree that their on-demand selection is much better on Comcast.

I switched from Comcast to DTV and totally regret it. I thought we'd save money, but the bundle with Centurylink Internet ends up costing the same. I did have to sweep snow off the dish at least 5-6 times this winter which isn't terribly difficult, but it sucks to turn on a show you've recorded only to find out it never recorded because of snow on the dish.

My biggest beef however is with on demand - Comcast is far superior IMO. DTV may have the same amount of content, but the navigation is AWFUL. It's hard to find what you want and it's not easy to filter through options to find free movies, new releases, etc. I usually just give up and watch Office Space for the 200th time.

Well, to each his own, I suppose. It's funny that you bring up the difficulty to find stuff on DTV. That was one of my gripes with Comcast. On DTV, channel 9 is channel 9 in HD. On Comcast, if you want local channels in HD, they're somewhere in the 400's, and not even in sequential order. So HD channel 9 is like 452 while channel 4 is 457.

i live at 8100 ft and have had to broom off snow about twice a year (takes 2 mins)... 2 words "Sunday Ticket"

Well, to each his own, I suppose. It's funny that you bring up the difficulty to find stuff on DTV. That was one of my gripes with Comcast. On DTV, channel 9 is channel 9 in HD. On Comcast, if you want local channels in HD, they're somewhere in the 400's, and not even in sequential order. So HD channel 9 is like 452 while channel 4 is 457.

You're right, that part is kind of wierd. I only watch like 5-6 channels anyway so I guess I just got used to it.

I will say this in comcasts defense- their web speed is second to none. It was a noticeable difference for the hard wired connection. The wi-fi was intermittent, though. As that's where we do the majority of our home computing, we are actually better off now with the improved router that DTV provided.

BTW - the DTV DVR will record something like five hundred hours of programing and up to four shows simultaneously. Comcast has nothing even remotely compatible.

That is a the gap right there, internet speed is more important to me than the TV stuff. I have dish and thier internet partner right now for my suppliers. The internet costs the same as comcast but I max out at 9mps about a mile from downtown and they "no plans" to upgrade. Comcast jsut bumped my comparable cost tier from up from its current 50mpbs.

Back