What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

A cheaper and healthier alternative than a restaurant/bar for watching Sunday Ticket is to watch a game at a fitness club, which has DirecTV and Sunday Ticket (e.g. 24 Hour Fitness). Since I already pay for gym membership, there's no additional cost and you get to work out, rather than pig out, during the game. No angry bartenders saying "are you going to order anything else, or just sit there for the next two hours?" so you feel obligated to get another plate of chicken wings.

Dude - I admire your attitude and apparent stamina, but if I worked out for 3 hours, I'd pass out right after the game was over, if not before. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, too, lol.

A cheaper and healthier alternative than a restaurant/bar for watching Sunday Ticket is to watch a game at a fitness club, which has DirecTV and Sunday Ticket (e.g. 24 Hour Fitness). Since I already pay for gym membership, there's no additional cost and you get to work out, rather than pig out, during the game. No angry bartenders saying "are you going to order anything else, or just sit there for the next two hours?" so you feel obligated to get another plate of chicken wings.
This thought has honestly never crossed my mind.

I've never understood the appeal of NFL Sunday Ticket. If you want to watch all games, any local or chain pub has DTV for you. Seems like an awful lot of money to get that for your home. And you're paying for it with DTV even if you get it "free" or don't watch sports. DTV is priced at the top of the market.

I agree. An $84 package somehow ended at $131 a month. Thats without much extras like NFLST HBO etc.

Like you point out above I simply head over to the Pumphouse in Longmont and watch from there. I can watch any game I want in a room with about 15 TVs. My kids like the food and we eat there once a week anyways. The beer is also pretty good.

And that's assuming that you live near an establishment that shows every game, you're willing to put up with obnoxious/drunk people, you don't care to listen to your specific game, and one of you stays sober (and you pay for parking) or you pay for a ride both ways.

Also, there's a little business called Fantasy sports that a couple people like.

Stay strong, Tshek - I also went with Dish, but the struggle is definitely real.
(I realize I should have multi-quoted here but oh well)
Unfortunately, the best solution for us is Buffalo Wild Wings... Ugh! They're the only place close to where I live that has the Ticket, and is big enough to really allow you to occupy a table for 3 hours without really pestering you to keep ordering or leave. The sound not being on the Packers games doesn't bother my gf, so that's no concern, and parking is free (I'm in the burbs).

Also, now that I think about it, I've watched a Pac 12 Network Buffs game there too. They must subscribe to two providers specifically for the stuff they can't get on DTV.

Dude - I admire your attitude and apparent stamina, but if I worked out for 3 hours, I'd pass out right after the game was over, if not before. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape, too, lol.

Admittedly, I don't normally work out for a full 3-hour game. I might show up at half-time, grab a treadmill and the remote control and put up the game I want to watch, go for about 4 miles and then do some circuit stuff. So maybe an hour to an hour and a half. Lot of times the gym is pretty empty if the Broncos are playing, because everyone's at home or sports bar watching the game.

The CEO of AT&T's Entertainment group, John Stankey, earned his MBA from UCLA. The Directv headquarters is in El Segundo, which is located in between the USC and UCLA campuses. There must be a few USC and UCLA grads roaming the halls that want the Pac-12 Network. It's baffling the two parties can't agree on price.

Im sure there are. But he probably doesnt work there.

To contact the company:

Our headquarters mailing address is
208 S. Akard St.
Dallas, TX 75202
Our main telephone number is (210) 821-4105. (Please note that while AT&T's corporate headquarters are in Dallas, the main telephone number uses a San Antonio area code.)

http://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=5598

Re: the regional Pac-12 networks and Dish - my dad has the hopper, and he never misses a game of any kind. He can see every basketball game, soccer game, etc. I don't know if that means he gets the entire Pac-12 mountain, but he gets what he wants out of it.

Me, I don't have the hopper, so I only get the national feed. My dad got the hopper for free when he switched over from comcast a couple of years ago. Since I've only been a Dish customer since 2001, I would have to pony up to get the hopper. ****ing marketing ****s.
If your contract is expiring(if you do have one) you should be able to upgrade for free. There will be an increase in your bill as a Hopper 3 is leased for $15/month and each joey at $7.

Re: the regional Pac-12 networks and Dish - my dad has the hopper, and he never misses a game of any kind. He can see every basketball game, soccer game, etc. I don't know if that means he gets the entire Pac-12 mountain, but he gets what he wants out of it.

Me, I don't have the hopper, so I only get the national feed. My dad got the hopper for free when he switched over from comcast a couple of years ago. Since I've only been a Dish customer since 2001, I would have to pony up to get the hopper. ****ing marketing ****s.
I have the Hopper and do not get the mountain network AND IT PISSES ME OFF!

Dish doesn't have a flippin clue about marketing, management that truly understands marketing wouldn't make 1/2 the decisions they do. No wonder they are bleeding off long time customers.

I had been with them for over 15 years, talked them up to other potential customers and faithfully paying over $100 a month.

My DVR (an older model) that I had been paying rent on for years died. I call them up and suddenly the DVR wearing out is my fault. They wanted to charge me $90 for a service call to deal with their equipment. They then said that they would "upgrade" me to the hopper but I would still have to pay the service call. That failing their final solution was to wave the service call charge but I would have to sign a new contract for another two years.

At about the same time my local cable company who already had my phone and internet (TDS) offered a package with cable giving me almost equal service including PAC12N and PAC12Mtn and my other sports for less money and no contract, I was gone.

Dish has still continued to send me advertising mail but never once has made an attempt to ask me why I left. This is with a customer who has probably paid $10,000-$15,000 to them over the years.

Any business that doesn't care why they are losing their customers better be ready to lose a lot more.

I agree about the Black Bear Diner. Someone needs to reach this guy some marketing skills. He never a says where his diner is and has absolutely zero contact info. A huge waste of money as I know I would go there to support a main advertiser of the Pac12 network.

It may not be that much money, they also had an ad for burial insurance. Maybe Allbuffs should take one out

Dish has still continued to send me advertising mail but never once has made an attempt to ask me why I left. This is with a customer who has probably paid $10,000-$15,000 to them over the years.

Any business that doesn't care why they are losing their customers better be ready to lose a lot more.

This is me too.

I get that every company likes to have promotions and whatnot, but it's hard to stand by and watch them give free **** to new customers while their customer service for their existing customers is crap.

The assholes in this thread who continue to stick with DTV and simultaneously blame Larry Scott for it, instead of going to the other options that offer P12N are laughable. Your loyalty is clearly not to conference or school based on your actions.

Larry Scott severely underestimated the intensity of the Pac12 fanbase, and as a result there wasn't nearly enough movement to influence DTV to lower their price to pick up the P12 Network.

The Pac12 is already at a timezone disadvantage, that's a given. Therefore you need to work harder to promote your conference and get more exposure. How do you do that? 2 big things - don't play so many late night games, and make your teams easier to find on TV, not harder. And the Pac12 is making it much harder for fans outside of the Pacific timezone to watch Pac12 games. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Larry Scott severely underestimated the intensity of the Pac12 fanbase, and as a result there wasn't nearly enough movement to influence DTV to lower their price to pick up the P12 Network.

The Pac12 is already at a timezone disadvantage, that's a given. Therefore you need to work harder to promote your conference and get more exposure. How do you do that? 2 big things - don't play so many late night games, and make your teams easier to find on TV, not harder. And the Pac12 is making it much harder for fans outside of the Pacific timezone to watch Pac12 games. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

its a huge cluster &$@! ....when pac 12 games are invisable in 95% of sports bars nationally

There is no evidence that he SEVERELY underestimated the fan fervor or that it wasn't NEARLY enough. In fact, most of the talk implied that a deal with DTV was very close to happening, that the threshold for carriage was almost met. I think is more accurate to say he SOMEWHAT underestimated the intensity and it wasn't QUITE enough, but the result of the near miss was a HUGE disadvantage for PAC carriage and revenue. .the hyperbolic language again seems geared to place all the blame at Scott's feet while releasing the PAC fan base from being the real reason for the network's shortfall.

Cancel your subscription, be very clear why you are cancelling "you give new customers a better deal than you're giving me, a long-term customer."

They might fix it for you; they might not.

A. If they fix it, you're done, congratulations.

B. If they don't fix it, have your wife sign up a brand new subscription in her name the same day. She'll get the goods as a new customer...

I get what Carolina says about the east coast but it's actually surprising how many bars in the Denver area have the PAC 12 network now. It will be even more interesting to see how that number grown with the buffs returning from the basement.

This is me too.

I get that every company likes to have promotions and whatnot, but it's hard to stand by and watch them give free **** to new customers while their customer service for their existing customers is crap.

I don't even have a problem with the promotions. Push hard enough and you can usually get most of them.

What got me was the idea that a long time customer, never late on a payment, with a big programming package, would be forced to do a contract and have to fight with them over a service call on their own equipment. What do they gain by trying to force me into a contract, am I likely to bail out on them if they just treat me decently?

Dish doesn't have a flippin clue about marketing, management that truly understands marketing wouldn't make 1/2 the decisions they do. No wonder they are bleeding off long time customers.

I had been with them for over 15 years, talked them up to other potential customers and faithfully paying over $100 a month.

My DVR (an older model) that I had been paying rent on for years died. I call them up and suddenly the DVR wearing out is my fault. They wanted to charge me $90 for a service call to deal with their equipment. They then said that they would "upgrade" me to the hopper but I would still have to pay the service call. That failing their final solution was to wave the service call charge but I would have to sign a new contract for another two years.

At about the same time my local cable company who already had my phone and internet (TDS) offered a package with cable giving me almost equal service including PAC12N and PAC12Mtn and my other sports for less money and no contract, I was gone.

This is why I left Dish-Only I had been a customer for 6 months. One TV quit working. They had me switch boxes with other working TV's, had me out at the dish disconnecting cables. Finally said they would send someone out the next day. Waited for half the day, guy never shows up. Call Dish and was told that I needed to pay for the service call before they would send someone. Same time I'm yelling at Dish on the phone Comcast guy rings the doorbell. Got 3 months free with Comcast, paid early termination with Dish. As soon as my contract was up with Comcast switch to DTV and have had outstanding customer service any time there has been an issue with equipment, upgrades or when I've moved. I've been with DTV for over 15 years and my next switch will be to PS View or one of the other newer options once they add a few more channels.

DirecTV was sued today by the DOJ for collusion in preventing the carriage of the Dodgers channel. The Complaint alleges that DirecTV exchanged non-public information with competitors to increase leverage in its negotiations with the Dodgers. Would not be surprised if similar practices were utilized in negotiations with the Pac12.

DirecTV was sued today by the DOJ for collusion in preventing the carriage of the Dodgers channel. The Complaint alleges that DirecTV exchanged non-public information with competitors to increase leverage in its negotiations with the Dodgers. Would not be surprised if similar practices were utilized in negotiations with the Pac12.

If they did, in fact, negotiate in that way then that is, in fact, the way that they negotiate.

Further reason to NEVER do business with them again as well.

I know some of you suckers will hang on to your hopes for yet another year too.

If they did, in fact, negotiate in that way then that is, in fact, the way that they negotiate.
I wonder if they feel like being in SoCal gives them a leg up on colluding with smaller local cable companies to screw over local content providers, including the PAC.

I agree. An $84 package somehow ended at $131 a month. Thats without much extras like NFLST HBO etc.

Like you point out above I simply head over to the Pumphouse in Longmont and watch from there. I can watch any game I want in a room with about 15 TVs. My kids like the food and we eat there once a week anyways. The beer is also pretty good.
Well I applaud you boys but I have paid for it for about 20 years now and will until they plant me. You go to a bar in DFW to watch the Broncos and (A) if you can find one that will show it your stuck in a corner and cant hear a damn thing. (B) add to that I am a better cook and my TX BBQ brings the neighbors out of theirs houses. (C) I can pause at will get a fresh beer, take a piss, come back and hit play, to me it is well worth my $300 dollars for Sunday Ticket

Last edited:
Well I applaud you boys but I have paid for it for about 20 years now and will until they plant me. You go to a bar in DFW to watch the Broncos and (A) if you can find one that will show it your stuck in a corner and cant hear a damn thing. (B) add to that I am a better cook and my TX BBQ brings the neighbors out of theirs houses. (C) I can pause at will get a fresh beer, take a piss, come back and hit play, to me it is well worth my $300 dollars for Sunday Ticket

You still watch the No Fun League? And you pay $300 bucks to do it. At the demise of the Pac-12 too. Wow.

Well, now I only pay $35 a month and I get all the channels I cared about with DTV. And I can still pause TV too. I figure Im saving about $1000 a year now.

You still watch the No Fun League? And you pay $300 bucks to do it. At the demise of the Pac-12 too. Wow.

Well, now I only pay $35 a month and I get all the channels I cared about with DTV. And I can still pause TV too. I figure Im saving about $1000 a year now.
3prvdbcgsf90k.gif

It is offered on Sling TV as a part of a Sports Tier package. YouTube has said its lineup is not complete and that it is still negotiating with content providers.

Back