What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Networks are actually going to focus on football. For real.

WHAT? I LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL! DISTEFANO HAS SEVERAL FIREABLE OFFENSES ON HIS RECORD IN THE LAST 2-3 YEARS ALONE! HOW DOES HE KEEP GETTING MORE POWER AND INFLUENCE?!

I'd be worried...the last time I recall CU having such a say on conference matters was when CU was the chair of the Big 8 expansion committee that led to the creation of the Big 12.

I don’t get it. He must have pictures. The dude is like Herpes. He just won’t go away and he keeps coming back worse than before.

At least with Herpes you might have had some fun getting it. Dr. Phil has never given us a reason to feel good about him.

One thing we absolutely need to see in the next round of contracts is for the PAC12 to retain replay rights on all football games regardless of the original broadcaster after a few days of exclusive rights but the primary broadcaster.

That would mean that a game shown on Fox or on ESPN/ABC could be replayed in full of in 60 minute format after say 1 week of waiting. This would give us access to seeing games that would otherwise never be rebroadcast.

If the P12N was to be partially sold, would you prefer that ESPN or Fox Sports get that stake?

If the P12N was to be partially sold, would you prefer that ESPN or Fox Sports get that stake?
Why not partner with NBC? They only have the Irish now. Plenty of open time slots. It would give them something besides the NHL to cover on NBC and NBCSN.

NBCSN availability according to Wikipedia:

As of February 2015, NBCSN is available to approximately 81,578,000 pay television households (70.1% of households with television) in the United States.

That’s pretty close to FS1:

Fox Sports 1 is available to approximately 84,486,000 pay television households (72.583% of households with at least one television set) in the United States.

Neither are as far off from ESPN as I would have guessed:

As of January 2016, ESPN is available to approximately 91,405,000 paid television households

I think it's cute that Dr. Phil is wrapping himself in the mantle of being all about revenue growth and running the AD like a business as an integral part fo the university culture & growth. He has always liked sports and cared about sports, but he never really knew what to do with that. RG has made him look so good that he's running with the RG model as if it was his own brainchild. It's annoying, but I'm not going to complain that he's gotten religion in this area. So what that it's mostly about it being good politics and legacy for him? It's the right thing to believe in and the other Pac-12 members need to buy into this awakening he has had. I'm glad he is chairing the committee because he's supporting the right model now -- a model our conference needs.

Back