What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Network's Future With DirecTV and Dish Network

In my opinion, this is all just posturing by DirecTV. As I recall, they did the same thing with The Mountain. And the PAC12 Network will be much more of a money maker than that channel. DirecTV will fight to the bitter end to get the best deal they can get. In other words, they want the most money per household or telecast that they can get and the network wants the opposite. In west Arvada I have no other option. We have US Cable here. Last time I looked, 10 years ago, they sucked.

Anyone can get DTV gramps.

bump with big update from Mike Reynolds of Multichannel news (a blog).

http://mobile.multichannel.com/article/485701-Pac_12_Puts_Cable_Game_Plan_in_Motion.php

good news for those out of footprint buffs!

Ummm, that is just ****ing cool. all of it. Love the free on-demand stuff.

Interesting. We are literally building our very own hardline network between all the schools (I'm guessing here) TV studio's and the P12 Network headquarters. Which means the P12N will be completely independent of all carriers. Sounds like one of those "expensive now, cheap later" investments.

It wont be their fiber network more like Level 3's or At&T's.

[video=youtube;PbNXT5PYUxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PbNXT5PYUxE[/video]

Let's not all get worked up into a frenzy over this. It is all about the $ ! These cable/satellite providers will all get the "Pac12 package" - we will be shelling out more $ on top of our already $100+ monthly service and equipment fees. Soon we will be viewing it on our i Pads and Android phones, for another "fee" of course. Living in today's technological society - I don't know what they did back in the day of sitting around a radio having to listen???

Saturday, September 8Sacramento State at ColoradoPac-12 Networks12 noon
Saturday, September 8Eastern Washington at Washington StatePac-12 Networks12 noon
Saturday, September 8Southern Utah at CaliforniaPac-12 Networks12 noon

I am pretty sure that decisively indicates that unless you get the regional feeds AND the national feed, you CAN'T actually watch every game. DirecTV, do not **** this up. Yes, you are going to be carrying 7 channels, or you will be losing many customers...

Anyone can get DTV gramps.
Hmm. I think you misunderstood sonny boy. More like I was probably not clear. West of Indiana you cannot get Comcast I don't believe. So my best option is satellite. I can go with either Dish or DTV. As I said, last time I checked, US Cable was awful.

Hmm. I think you misunderstood sonny boy. More like I was probably not clear. West of Indiana you cannot get Comcast I don't believe. So my best option is satellite. I can go with either Dish or DTV. As I said, last time I checked, US Cable was awful.

Mac n cheese!

Saturday, September 8Sacramento State at ColoradoPac-12 Networks12 noon
Saturday, September 8Eastern Washington at Washington StatePac-12 Networks12 noon
Saturday, September 8Southern Utah at CaliforniaPac-12 Networks12 noon

I am pretty sure that decisively indicates that unless you get the regional feeds AND the national feed, you CAN'T actually watch every game. DirecTV, do not **** this up. Yes, you are going to be carrying 7 channels, or you will be losing many customers...
Agreed. There was no way they would be able to put all of the games on one network, so it's essential that DTV gets all 7 channels.

Right now I get multiple big 10 channels on Dish during football season, if PAC follows suit I'll be happy.

Dish is getting the hook because they are dropping AMC. I am going to change providers by the beginning of July. If DirectTV can't pull their head out of their ass by then vis a vis the P12Network, I am going to Comcast.

Dish is getting the hook because they are dropping AMC. I am going to change providers by the beginning of July. If DirectTV can't pull their head out of their ass by then vis a vis the P12Network, I am going to Comcast.

Dish dropping AMC was stupid. It's the only network that makes a drama worth watching.

Very worried about my DTV sub. I'm giving them till gameday to get the network on, and then giving them the hook if they don't.

I've made it very clear to DTV how important this is to me. I get the standard "we cannot comment on ongoing programming negotiations, but rest assured we're doing everything we can to provide you the highest level of service possible" blah. blah. blah.

Oh wow. This is so ****ing important. H/t Wilner:

*** Very important to remember: If you are an authenticated subscriber to one of the league’s cable/internet partners, you can get Pac12Net games on any device anywhere (once you log in).

Umm, ya, that's ****ign awesome. No extra charge!

However, the alternative is interesting. I'm due for a new TV. Possible plan:
1. Keep DirecTV.
2. Buy Web enabled TV.
3. Subscribe to Pac12N ONLINE ONLY.
4. Watch all P12N games via online feed streamed to TV.

All depends on cost tho.

Last edited:

I still wonder about that. Say you're a former navy helicopter pilot serving in Afghanistan with a bunch of Army dorks who piss you off with stupid reflective belts and dorky uniform regulations. You just want to catch your Buffs in action on your iPad and you have Comcast back home - can you watch it in Afghanistan? I suspect it's a little harder than just logging on, but I could be wrong.

However, the alternative is interesting. I'm due for a new TV. Possible plan:
1. Keep DirecTV.
2. Buy Web enabled TV.
3. Subscribe to Pac12N ONLINE ONLY.
4. Watch all P12N games via online feed streamed to TV.

All depends on cost tho.

Get a web tv no matter what. That is the future.

Get a web tv no matter what. That is the future.
That's the one thing that is not at issue :lol:. My Vizio has gone 5 years now, and is starting to get real bad at displaying black. I'm putting replacement at T minus 1 year.

If Directv doesn't get Comedy Central back on it makes the decision much easier

Saturday, September 8
Sacramento State at Colorado
Pac-12 Networks
12 noon
Saturday, September 8
Eastern Washington at Washington State
Pac-12 Networks
12 noon
Saturday, September 8
Southern Utah at California
Pac-12 Networks
12 noon

What the Big 10 Network does is have temp channels to show the games. They are all "National" broadcasts.... but Comcast shows an additional channel just for game day.

Still waiting to see if DirecTV is going to pick up P12...I am pretty close to giving upa nd going to Comcast...Dish took away AMC and can't figure out their customers want P12...

The answer to the question I posed to DTV in April...
Response Via Email(Garry D. - 100173813) - 04/07/2012 08:33 AM Dear Mr. [REDACTED],

Thanks for taking the time to write us.

I understand that you're writing to request for PAC-12 channel to be added on your line up. I'd be happy to assist you.

As you know we do not have PAC-12 channel and we currently have no plans on adding it. Since you are interested in getting the station, I have forwarded your comments on to DIRECTV Management for review. While DIRECTV Management can not follow up individually with every customer, rest assured every suggestion and comment is reviewed. We often make changes based on customer feedback like yours.

We have continued to invest in new programming and innovative services in order to provide you the best possible entertainment experience. We assure you that we will continue to invest in the quality of your viewing experience by bringing you more new features and more new programming.

Again, thanks for writing Mr. [REDACTED]. We look forward on serving you for years to come.

Sincerely,

Garry V. - 100173813
DIRECTV Customer Service

Make the most of DIRECTV by registering your account on directv.com. You'll learn about exclusive online promotions, new features of DIRECTV and the latest programs and packages. Visit http://www.directv.com/register here today.

Customer By Web Form ([REDACTED]) - 04/07/2012 07:13 AM I am eagerly awaiting an announcement that DTV is adding the PAC-12 network to its programming. I have been a DTV customer for longer than I can remember, about 15 years is my guess. I can tell you though, I do have options for programming; Cox is readily available and will have the PAC-12 network. I also have an option for Verizon and will be open to that change when they come to an agreement. For me, the PAC-12 Network is a deal breaker. I look forward to your positive announcement. When can we expect your decision to be made?

Sincerely,

I have no option in West Arvada. U.S. Cable. However, I still believe this is a negotiating ploy.

yeah but most of the interfaces suck. We used to use a widi device, but it really sucks navigating a web page on a tv. right now it is best menu driven.

I just connect it to the Cpu via hdmi and use it like a big monitor

For the people on Facebook and twitter can you hound them via social media. What about a direct TV PAC 12 fans group

Back