What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Network's Future With DirecTV and Dish Network

**** I hate Comcast but I am thinking it will be a required switch. I love my Dish and have hated everything about the customer service I have gotten from Comcast in the past. Hopefully others have had a better expereience.

**** I hate Comcast but I am thinking it will be a required switch. I love my Dish and have hated everything about the customer service I have gotten from Comcast in the past. Hopefully others have had a better expereience.
Same here, I have been with Dish for nine years now, but dropping AMC and then not stepping up to the plate for P12 pretty much does it fo me. Why pay them if I don't get what I want?

Does anyone else have Charter Cable (west coast)? Does anyone have some scoop on the P12 and them?

Same here, I have been with Dish for nine years now, but dropping AMC and then not stepping up to the plate for P12 pretty much does it fo me. Why pay them if I don't get what I want?

Agree, if the Pac 12 network is not added by mid August, I am done an will be moving over to Comcast. I will give them a bit more time but I am getting pissed

I greatly prefer DirecTV as we have an automated receiver on our camper. If this tap dance continues into football season, I may seriously consider switching, camping be damned.

I wouldn't jump to soon.

AMC will be back, they sell advertising based on the number of subscribers and Dish has a huge number of subscribers. At the same time Dish doesn't want to lose that group of subscribers who will insist on having it and the other channels. Dish will hold out until both sides move to a point where they can agree, and it will happen.

Same probably applies to the PAC network. Dish drives a hard bargain but they know that something like the PAC network would be a difference in a substantial number of viewers. Unlike the NFL package the price for the PAC network will be workable, I expect it to happen.

According to this DTV rep, Viacom negotiations have caused DTV to halt all discussions about the P12 Network. No updates pending.

According to this DTV rep, Viacom negotiations have caused DTV to halt all discussions about the P12 Network. No updates pending.

What would the Viacom contract negotiations have to do with the P-12 negotiations? They both require money but they are two entirely different entities. One panders to P-12 collage sports while the other has a whole different viewing audience with far less entertainment to choose from.

What would the Viacom contract negotiations have to do with the P-12 negotiations? They both require money but they are two entirely different entities. One panders to P-12 collage sports while the other has a whole different viewing audience with far less entertainment to choose from.

Maybe DTV only employs one negotiator???? :huh:

I bet Stanford makes awesome collages. :smile2:

My guess is that the huge price increase that Viacom is asking for could factor into the $ available to pay the Pac-12 for the network.

Well this is going to make it harder to renegotiate my Comcast contract. ****.

I am in the same situation and will take the same action.

My guess is that the huge price increase that Viacom is asking for could factor into the $ available to pay the Pac-12 for the network.

I thought the PAC 12 network would be bundled with the other sports stations and the would just increase the price of them by a dollar or so.

I thought the PAC 12 network would be bundled with the other sports stations and the would just increase the price of them by a dollar or so.

This is what I am hoping will happen. I buy the Fox Sports stations for basketball season, but would buy it for football also if they carry the Pac 12.

I live in Iowa and my local cable company has no reason to carry the Pac 12 network and I'm sure no plans.

I'm hoping if Dish doesn't pick up the Pac 12 network, there will be a way to subscribe online.

I'm still holding and have been a DISH subscriber for a long time. But they have a history of being tough with networks and I do business with Echostar and have thus been on the other end of the negotiating table from Charlie Ergen and Mark Jackson. Based on that, I'm hoping the PAC12 is available online and I can keep DISH for now. In the long run, am I really going to be paying $120/month for TV when I can get so much of what I want via online?

I'm still holding and have been a DISH subscriber for a long time. But they have a history of being tough with networks and I do business with Echostar and have thus been on the other end of the negotiating table from Charlie Ergen and Mark Jackson. Based on that, I'm hoping the PAC12 is available online and I can keep DISH for now. In the long run, am I really going to be paying $120/month for TV when I can get so much of what I want via online?

That's why I'm seriously looking at the web enables TV's for my impending purchase. Takes DTV's game of chicken with Larry out of the equation - AND I can move on to conning them into giving me Sunday Ticket for free!:thumbsup:

That's why I'm seriously looking at the web enables TV's for my impending purchase. Takes DTV's game of chicken with Larry out of the equation - AND I can move on to conning them into giving me Sunday Ticket for free!:thumbsup:
BTW, according to Consumer Reports, the Panasonic Vierra ranks No. 1 in this category. I don't mean to be pushing the Panasonic. But I subscribe to CR and that's what they say.

I only have Dish for for the kids. Once the kids are a little bit older, I am dumping Dish, wasted expense in my opinion.

BTW, according to Consumer Reports, the Panasonic Vierra ranks No. 1 in this category. I don't mean to be pushing the Panasonic. But I subscribe to CR and that's what they say.

I have a panasonic tv that does vieracast and it is okay for some and terrible for others. For some reason Amazon will not play any audio and I need to use my blu-ray player to get to any amazon content.

So maybe I need a new thread for this..but if they dont get it worked out, what are my options to see the Buff games?

Is there equipment to buy to get it to stream the internet to my TV? I have a 52 inch HDTV, but not internet ready. I dont want to change from DTV. I dont want ot miss the games. So what are real options?

Back