What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Networks launching in 8 minutes

I called Comcast, it is another upgrade. So, if you are in Colorado, you need 2 upgrades to get both channels. I guess I won't be getting either.

It's another upgrade to what? Like sports package or something? I thought digital starter would be enough to watch both.

It's another upgrade to what? Like sports package or something? I thought digital starter would be enough to watch both.
I have basic digital with the basic sports and entertainment package. I was told that I have to upgrade to the next tier sports package to get the national channel and then again to the second upgrade sports tier for the mountain channel.

I have basic digital with the basic sports and entertainment package. I was told that I have to upgrade to the next tier sports package to get the national channel and then again to the second upgrade sports tier for the mountain channel.
That is some bull****. These carriers are not living up to the original hype.

^^^I commented that the press releases said that we would be getting the PAC 12 channel with basic digital cable and they apologized for the confusion. Still no channel without an upgrade.

^^^I commented that the press releases said that we would be getting the PAC 12 channel with basic digital cable and they apologized for the confusion. Still no channel without an upgrade.
and in contrast, the "sports package" from DTV is 12.99 a month (I've got a discount to get it down to 2/month). I fully expect both (or more) channels to be on that. hell, the ****ing MTN was on that :lol:

That's strange because I have digital starter (in Boulder) and get P12 Mtn HD. I have the sports pack (and I believe there is only one tier of that) and get p12 national, along with RedZone, Fox Soccer, etc. That's exactly the way it was advertised... they even put it on my last bill because it doesn't show up on many of their online guides/channel lineups yet. (It obviously shows up on my DVR guide).

Comcast is a partially retarded company though, so their agents may not know what they are doing and they might have infrastructure problems in places? I dunno. Comcast is contractually required to put P12 network in a certain tier, and it's digital starter. I do think they have some kind of abbreviated cable tier below starter (which doesn't include ESPN for example) and that wouldn't have P12 either. But the general rule of thumb i've heard is if you get ESPN, you get P12 if you are 'in market' - if that's not happening, the provider is screwing the customer and the conference.

And I'm probably cancelling the sports pack because the low def p12 national feed isn't worth much, but I may keep for redzone and cancel in December. tennis channel, fox college sports, espn classic, nhl channel... all stations that are practically worthless to me.

Last edited:

So here's what I gather from this. Comcast really has 6 TV packages.

Limited basic: Local channels
Digital Economy: USA, Discovery channel, History channel, AMC
Digital Starter: ESPN, Comedy central, P12 Mountain channel,
Digital Preferred: NFL network, ESPNU, BYUtv,

I think you have to order the "sports entertainment package" to actually get the PAC12 national channel.

https://www.comcast.com/Clu/ChannelLineUp

I've got digital starter and I do get the pac12 regional channel. One thing that I think sucks is I have a digital adapter for the upstairs TV and it does NOT get the PAC12 channel. I was told that's the way it is from the Comcast chick today.

Another note: This is early. So far, the national channel is showing exactly the same thing that's being played on the mountain channel. All day, every day. I'm sure that will change as we get more programming material. Just a suggestion that you might not have to rush to get the national channel around here.

Hope that helps guys.

So here's what I gather from this. Comcast really has 6 TV packages.

Limited basic: Local channels
Digital Economy: USA, Discovery channel, History channel, AMC
Digital Starter: ESPN, Comedy central, P12 Mountain channel,
Digital Preferred: NFL network, ESPNU, BYUtv,

I think you have to order the "sports entertainment package" to actually get the PAC12 national channel.

https://www.comcast.com/Clu/ChannelLineUp

I've got digital starter and I do get the pac12 regional channel. One thing that I think sucks is I have a digital adapter for the upstairs TV and it does NOT get the PAC12 channel. I was told that's the way it is from the Comcast chick today.

Another note: This is early. So far, the national channel is showing exactly the same thing that's being played on the mountain channel. All day, every day. I'm sure that will change as we get more programming material. Just a suggestion that you might not have to rush to get the national channel around here.

Hope that helps guys.
I have ESPN & Comedy Central and was told that I still need to upgrade to get PAC 12

Those lying no-good-doers...I just upgraded my internet service and got basic cable...the one that I believe I would get Pac-12 Mtn.

I don't even get ESPNU and I have both PAC channels and local in HD on Comcast.

Anybody heard when the apps is launching? Or when the live feature is on the p-12 website is going to work for comcast subscribers for the live streaming?

So, emailed dish on Sunday. This was the response I got.

"Unfortunately, the San Diego Padres is currently not available with DISH. Please be advised that DISH is continually adding new channels, and we appreciate your feedback. We have submitted your request to our programming department. They will use this information to determine which specific channels are in high demand, and which channels we will offer in the future. We don’t have the information yet when it will be available."

Directv ???? I am sure they will add, have not heard anything? - history shows, always on top of the competition

Directv ???? I am sure they will add, have not heard anything? - history shows, always on top of the competition

There was a new message from them this morning when I turned on my TV. I was sure it was going to say "Pac-12 Network added".... but no. Apparently they're getting ready to start their US Tennis Open coverage on some ****ing channel or another.... :pissed: :bang:

There was a new message from them this morning when I turned on my TV. I was sure it was going to say "Pac-12 Network added".... but no. Apparently they're getting ready to start their US Tennis Open coverage on some ****ing channel or another.... :pissed: :bang:

Well, at least there's a Larry Scott link there, so that's encouraging.

What have they been showing on the national network?. I was hoping they would have good preview shows because when i turn on espn its always big ten or sec shows.

What have they been showing on the national network?. I was hoping they would have good preview shows because when i turn on espn its always big ten or sec shows.

I only get the Western region, but they have been showing previews of all the teams. Of course ESPN now has no reason to cover the Pac 12. The fact that pac 12 games might not be available to significant portions of the country could be really really bad. I hope this whole thing does not backfire.

I only get the Western region, but they have been showing previews of all the teams. Of course ESPN now has no reason to cover the Pac 12. The fact that pac 12 games might not be available to significant portions of the country could be really really bad. I hope this whole thing does not backfire.

Actually, ESPN did do the Pac 12 Preview hour long show a couple of days ago. Not sure about any repeats.

Actually, ESPN did do the Pac 12 Preview hour long show a couple of days ago. Not sure about any repeats.

Still. We our outliers in the traditional pac 10 footprint. It sounds like the pac 12 network is not available in some of our traditional recruiting hotbeds. Do you think we're going to recruit kids out of Texas when we not only do not play any games in Texas, but also our games are not even available to WATCH on TV? That seems like it could be very problematic going forward.

That holds true for both football and basketball. Do you think we would have been able to grab that kid out of Michigan if he knew that his friends and family would not even be able to watch him play on TV?

Back