What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC-12 Power Rankings

Unleash Hell

what are yours? Here's mine

1. Stanford
Didn't overly impress, but I still think they are the best team in the conference. They also have a history of starting slow, finishing fast.

2. Washington
I'm still not sold on them as conference favorites, but they did what they were supposed to do.

3. UCLA
Almost pulled off the rally in a tough place to play. They will be up and down all season with a mediocre coach, hopefully down when they come to Boulder.

4. Oregon
Defense doesn't look much improved.

5. USC
They got throttled and depth is a huge concern.

6. Utah
Not much scoring, but got a shutout

7. Cal
Webb and offense looks legit, then again Michigan put 60+ on Hawai'i

8. Arizona St
Meh, still think they are going to has a down season

9. Colorado
Big test comes in Ann Arbor

10. Arizona
Lost at home to BYU, not much offense

11. Washington St.
Second straight year they lost to an FCS on te opener, then again they did win 9 games last year.

12. Oregon St
Actually played better than I thought they would in a close loss at Minnesota.

When I do power rankings, I tend to keep them very fluid and not use preseason hype, etc. If it were just a ranking they'd be different.

I'd go
1. Washington
2. Stanford
3. Oregon
4. Colorado
5. Utah
6. Arizona State
7. UCLA
8. California
9. USC
10. Arizona
11. Washington State
12. Oregon State

PAC-12 blog showing us some love... http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/103281/pac-12-week-1-power-rankings-good-bad-and-ugly

1. Washington 1-0 (preseason No. 3)

The Huskies beat a Big Ten team. A bad Big Ten team, mind you. But a Big Ten team nevertheless. And they looked completely dominant in all three phases doing it. That earns them a bump over the UC Davis-smacking-Ducks and the preseason No. 1 Cardinal, who weren't nearly as clean as the Huskies. Washington should cruise for the next couple of weeks. But a date with Stanford in Week 5 looms. The North is going to get nasty this season.

i
2. Stanford 1-0 (preseason No. 1)

The Cardinal didn't look to be in midseason form. And that's OK, since it was only Week 1. When things did click, they looked solid. And it doesn't appear that quarterback play is going to be a deterrent. They've got a bye to clean things up before USC comes to town Sept. 17. A victory over the Trojans probably bumps them back to No. 1.

i
3. Oregon 1-0 (preseason No. 2)

Pretty uninspired on defense, but the Ducks did what they were supposed to do and still won by 25. A lot of new pieces that need to come together on both sides of the ball and not much time left to figure it out. Only Power 5 teams left on the schedule ... but to be fair, two of those Power 5s have already lost to FCS teams.

i
4. Utah 1-0 (preseason No. 7)

There was an unsteady feeling in Salt Lake City after the 24-0 victory over Southern Utah. Some offensive-line issues need to be corrected. The offense as a whole was just OK, but nothing that can't be fixed as the season progresses. Feel good you escaped with a win, Utah fans. Four other FBS programs (including one on this list) can't say the same against an FCS team.

i
5. UCLA 0-1 (preseason No. 5)

We've said all along the biggest issue for UCLA will be the guys aroundJosh Rosen making plays. Rosen didn't have a great game in the loss at Texas A&M. But neither did his receivers. Too many key drops. That said, how many teams from the Pac-12 South could go into Kyle Field and force OT? That's why the Bruins aren't dropping.

i
6. Colorado 1-0 (preseason No. 11)

The Buffs looked like a legitimate Power 5 program. We won't know how significant this victory is until we see more of Colorado State. But quarterback Sefo Liufau looked healthy (enough to keep him on the field well into the fourth quarter) and the defense was aggressive and opportunistic -- extending its streak of forcing a turnover to 14 games.

i
7. California 1-0 (preseason No. 9)

Pretty good offense, pretty leaky defense. The Bears are going to see several 1,000-yard rushers this season, including one Saturday at San Diego State. We know they can score. But to keep climbing these rankings, they are going to need to do a better job stopping the run.

i
8. USC 0-1 (preseason No. 6)

It wasn't the worst-case scenario for the Trojans, but it was pretty close. Alabama kept them out of the end zone, scored 52 points in three quarters and one USC player got booted for stomping on a downed opponent. It was one of the worst performances in school history. Not a good look. All of that said, the Trojans still lost to the No. 1 team in the country and defending national champs, so we're only docking them two spots.

i
9. Arizona State 1-0 (preseason No. 10)

It took a while for the offense to get going, but it eventually did and the Sun Devils blew out an FCS team, which is exactly what they should do. We'll learn a little bit more about them Saturday against Texas Tech.

i
10. Arizona 0-1 (preseason No. 8)

Tough loss. The defense bent at the worst possible time and the offense took too long to get going. BYU is a pretty good football team, so we're not going to ding the Wildcats too much. But there were plenty of missed opportunities on both sides of the ball.

i
11. Oregon State 0-1 (preseason No. 12)

A strong effort on the road against a Big Ten team. Not that anyone wants moral victories, but when you're trying to change a culture you usually need to stomach a few of those before you can start enjoying actual victories. It’s clear that the team believes what Gary Andersen is preaching. We saw it firsthand.

i
No. 12 Washington State 0-1 (preseason No. 4)

Really? ... Again? The Cougars showed in 2015 that you can lose to an FCS team in Week 1 and still go on to have an extremely productive season. But last year’s momentum (nine wins, a bowl victory) is officially stunted.

Back