What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 ranked 8th by SI

air-zona

8. Pac-12
Arizona should be very good ... if its freshmen bigs perform and Mark Lyons can hold everything together for a season at the point. UCLA could be very good ... if the NCAA allows Shabazz Muhammad and Kyle Anderson to play, Larry Drew II shows improved proficiency at the point, Josh Smith can play quality minutes without fouling and this group somehow comes together defensively. Colorado could be very good ... if their freshmen come along quickly and their inverted backcourt with a 6-5 point and a 6-foot shooting guard makes enough jumpers. Stanford could be ... eh, you get the point. The bottom of the league can't possibly be as wretched as last season, but this is still not a good league 1 through 12 yet.

Hopefully all of the Pac-12 can step up in OOC. Really embarrassing that the MWC is ranked higher than the Pac-12

Hopefully all of the Pac-12 can step up in OOC. Really embarrassing that the MWC is ranked higher than the Pac-12

That was disappointing but I question the credibility because the SEC is #4 and the Pac is just as good. It's UK and Mizzou and 12 other duds. On the bright side, CU was one of three schools mentioned as bright spots in the PAC.

Tad is legit.

Last edited:
It's hard to argue the point until we, as a league, step up and prove otherwise. Unfortunately, I think CU's OOC will be tough enough that they won't be impressing a lot of people right out of the gate. Games against Baylor (effin cheaters) and Kansas on the road will make this a tough year in the OOC.

There was a lot of hype the Pac-12 will be better than last year for no better reason than the conf couldn't be worse. Outside of Arizona, I don't think that there is another team you can say is definitively going to be better. UCLA has too many question marks to guarantee being better, however if everything plays out right they are elite. I think 8th is a fair assessment.

Aside from CU doing our part in the Big Dance against UNLV in the Dance (and an unsaid failure at Moby earlier in the season), it's hard to argue right now. There will be a multitude of chances to prove our dominance over the MWC, including three for CU. I tell you what though, those road games for Pac teams in MWC gyms, even against the non power teams in the league (in CU's case, Wyo and Fresno) do make me nervous

That was disappointing but I question the credibility because the SEC is #4 and the Pac is just as good. It's UK and Mizzou and 12 other duds. On the bright side, CU was one of three schools mentioned as bright spots in the PAC.

Tad is legit.

UK and Missou would win the Pac 12 easily tho. Much better league.

UK and Missou would win the Pac 12 easily tho. Much better league.

UK, Mizzou and Florida would mop the floor against most Pac teams. Others like Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas and even Ole Miss will be in the thick of it pushing for the Dance as well. We certainly do not go that deep baring some major surprises. Vandy will be down this year, but they certainly have been strong as of late as well.

Back