What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC 12 Rivals

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...a-litany-of-criticism-from-Colorado.html?pg=2

Seems like there is a lot of hate between the media outlets of Utah and Colorado. This seems like it's liberal Colorado versus conservative Utah and it seems like CU alumni such as Rick Reilly and others hate Utah because of BYU. Makes me wonder if CU fans will hate Utah because there is a lot of Mormons on that campus in Salt Lake City because of that campus in Provo.

We really need the skiing teams to set everyone straight about CU-Utah.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...a-litany-of-criticism-from-Colorado.html?pg=2

Seems like there is a lot of hate between the media outlets of Utah and Colorado. This seems like it's liberal Colorado versus conservative Utah and it seems like CU alumni such as Rick Reilly and others hate Utah because of BYU. Makes me wonder if CU fans will hate Utah because there is a lot of Mormons on that campus in Salt Lake City because of that campus in Provo.

We really need the skiing teams to set everyone straight about CU-Utah.

18 NC for CU
11 NC for UU

CU 1st place 2011
UU 2nd place 2011

Enough said

That article was a reminder that those guys get paid by the word. I long for the day when we get substantive articles on the Buffs.

Perhaps I wasn't blunt enough - I think BYU is about to plunge to the depths of CSU. Utah won't be doing themselves any favors by propping them up by playing them every year. Let them schedule Weber State, Utah State, and Northern Arizona. The big time players in Utah are going to want to play on the big stage. Up until now, both UU and BYU were on the same stage. That's about to change in a big way. UU is going to be on TV - a lot. BYU is going to be on the BYU channel.

Perhaps I wasn't blunt enough - I think BYU is about to plunge to the depths of CSU. Utah won't be doing themselves any favors by propping them up by playing them every year. Let them schedule Weber State, Utah State, and Northern Arizona. The big time players in Utah are going to want to play on the big stage. Up until now, both UU and BYU were on the same stage. That's about to change in a big way. UU is going to be on TV - a lot. BYU is going to be on the BYU channel.

Many people in Utah and within both programs are not believing what you are saying since I have told those people that BYU could really tank it big time and drew a comparsion between CU-CSU to UU-BYU.

There's no way that BYU will fall to CSU's level because BYU has a whole lot more fan and financial support than CSU does.

Look, if Notre Dame can't succeed as a religious based independent school in college football, what on Earth do the folks in Provo think is going to happen to them? When was the last time Notre Dame was relevant? 20 years ago? 30? BYU, if it was smart, would try like crazy to join the Texas 10. But their arrogance won't allow that. All the solid teams across the country are now left with three OOC games. With the relative strength of the conferences increasing, that means those teams aren't going to be overly interested in scheduling BYU. The death spiral begins.

There's no way that BYU will fall to CSU's level because BYU has a whole lot more fan and financial support than CSU does.

Fan and financial is wonderful. It also doesn't help in putting together a schedule that anybody really wants to watch. Utah, meanwhile is going to be on TV every freaking week. Utah will be playing the likes of USC, Stanford, and Oregon while BYU is playing Idaho, Southern Utah, and Weber State.

Fan and financial is wonderful. It also doesn't help in putting together a schedule that anybody really wants to watch. Utah, meanwhile is going to be on TV every freaking week. Utah will be playing the likes of USC, Stanford, and Oregon while BYU is playing Idaho, Southern Utah, and Weber State.

Every one of BYU's home games will be either on the ESPN family or BYUtv, including a minimum of 3 games on ESPN/ABC/ESPN2, and a minimum of 1 game on ESPNU. They already have a 6-game series scheduled with ND, as well as series with Texas, Oregon State, and Boise. Sure, they have teams like Idaho, La Tech, Hawaii, NMSU, and SJSU are on also on the schedule for the next 2 years, but something tell me BYU will be just fine.

After reading the ESPN board about this as I am sure TG feels as well, it will be very very easy to "hate" Utah. They are like Nebraska but actually classy hahaha

I think the Utah rivalry will be opened up again, but I don't see anyone else becoming our rivals unless we are immediatly competitve with the top teams in the Pac 10.

Shldr, how'd you know that? :lol:

I think the Utah rivalry will be opened up again, but I don't see anyone else becoming our rivals unless we are immediatly competitve with the top teams in the Pac 10.

Shldr, how'd you know that? :lol:

From Tim

Their new schedules include nine conference games with teams that, well, they just don't have any strong feelings about.

"I'm sure we can conjure up some kind of hate for [Colorado]," Utah's colorful offensive tackle Tony Bergstrom said. "Tell us they're Communists or something."

Tony, they are Communists.

Who will be ours??

Ted Miller at ESPN sees Utah actually working for us
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/...hate-in-the-a-12?prosaction=newpost&status=ok

First of all I love that CU is actually starting to get decent coverage on ESPN, its about damn time.

I do think the Utah-CU game will become a big deal sooner than later. CU has played Utah more than some of our old Big 8 rivals. They did get rid of a bid for a perfect season for us. We do have better skiing/mountains, no matter what they say. We do hate red... a lot. I can see it working, its just going to have to take time, and some effort on our part.

WU: might be a budding rivalry as well. They already hate us for stealing some of their recruits at the last minute.

WSU: Red... thats it

ASU: besides the color red I dont see a whole lot of potential there yet

UofA: Poached some coaches, Stoops and his Polynesian comment, and color red. Not a whole lot yet either

USC: Red. Everyone hates U$C anyway. Will reevaluate this after the game in Boulder.

UCLA: Everyone hates UCLA, The weasel, they are kinda getting upset about the PRich thing since he is developing into a big time player.

CAL: This will hinge on how we respond to them in Boulder. If we embarass them this could be a big time rivalry in the making. However not playing them every year kind of limits that.

Stanford: Red, that stupid tree, stupid band, lame fans, good recently but normally eh. Dont see it happening here

Oregon: Nike donors, stupid uniforms, semi obnoxious fans. Could be a possibility here if they can keep up the success and we can be competitive when we play

OSU: not really feeling it here sorry beavers

Any thoughts on who are most likely rival will be? I know the Pac-12 and the AD are going to try and sell Utah. If thats the case should the fans embrace it or should we fight it? If not Utah then who do we decide to hate the most next year?

I don't think I can ever hate Beavers. jus' sayin'.

USC will be our Nebraska. They are the 800 lb gorilla in our division and we won't stack up against them at the beginning, but will have our moments.
UCLA will be our Missouri. A "bigger" school with a big stadium that we'll compete with recruits for, but they just can't live up to their potential. ever.
Arizona State will be our K-State. a glorified JUCO program that is going to be solid on the gridiron but thick in the head.
Arizona is the new Kansas. A border state flagship that will destroy us in basketball, but we should dominate in football.

However, in a major upgrade over the Big-12; Utah will be a true rival for us. Their football team is in a better situation than ours right now, but we have the history. We should be in full-blown battles with them soon in all sports and it will develop into the true rivalry that we haven't known in our history (or at least since the 1940's when it was... Utah).

Utes vs Buffaloes. Ski-state vs Ski-state. Red/White vs Black/Gold. Flatirons vs Salt Lake.

Each side is going to argue for their own mountains. just how it is. The ski teams will have no problem developing this rivalry. pretty sure they already dont like each other.

Sorry Bro. You're out of your f****** mind if you believe that.

Utah Mountains are steeper, get more snow, and have better terrain. Colorado mountains have more vert, are higher up, and in general are gentler, cheaper (to buy a season pass to), and way better for families of four to visit from texas. Oh, and they are way more ****ing crowded. Utah wins.

Back