What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 South Spring Game Attendance

Quattro

Club Member
Club Member
BANNED
12-PAC South

1. USC 16,850

2. Colorado 15,655

3. Utah 15,000 estimate

4. UCLA 6,400

5. ASU 6,400

6. Arizona 4,500

I couldn't find the North attendance.

Wouldn't that be a good indictator of how the Pac-12 South standings will look like most of the time down the road?

It's premature for North figures. I saw Oregon, Oregon State and Washington play their spring game on April 30th.

Oregon lead the Pac10 last year with 25,211 and is the one to watch again this year. The O's boards are hopeful to break their record and go for 30K. We'll see.

Washingon had 15,000 a year ago.

Pretty impressive number. I would still like to have that number higher and it definitely can be

FWIW the Husky coaches are indicating that Saturday will be more of a practice with a portion consisting of scrimmage than a traditional spring game.

WOW! Those are some impressive numbers.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!
50512_14028454942_89_n.jpg

WOW! Those are some impressive numbers.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

Here's my take on my comment:

It's really silly (stupid) to be comparing spring game attendance from school to school.

Some schools charge, some don't.

Some schools have a fan base that for some reason, would even turn out to watch the paper boy throw the Saturday paper on to the AD's front porch. (66,785, or so, Nebraska) Some could care less.

The point is, it seem strange to me to make a deal of ranking the team by how many fans watch a spring game. It doesn't make the team any better or worse in the fall if there are 92,000 fans (Alabama) or 6500 (Arizona).

Oh, one more thing: A big thank you from The Walrus for some good old spring time kick in the butt. I deserved it!

Last edited:
Here's my take on my comment:

It's really silly (stupid) to be comparing spring game attendance from school to school.

Some schools charge, some don't.

Some schools have a fan base that for some reason, would even turn out to watch the paper boy throw the Saturday paper on to the AD's front porch. (66,785, or so, Nebraska) Some could care less.

The point is, it seem strange to me to make a deal of ranking the team by how many fans watch a spring game. It doesn't make the team any better or worse in the fall if there are 92,000 fans (Alabama) or 6500 (Arizona).

Oh, one more thing: A big thank you from The Walrus for some good old spring time kick in the butt. I deserved it!

Its the offseason, douche. What the **** else are we gonna talk about? Cause we sure as hell aint gonna go to a nebraska board and post douchey comments there.

No one took his troll bait so he had to give his take on his own comment. Pathetic!

BuffSuveyor, go troll the Big Ten boards. We're all very bored with you.

I can only assume the Big 10/11/12 boards are as impressed with the fuskers as we are. I've always thought the toughest part joining their new conference would be trying to impart how important they are... :sleep:

You guys have 15,000 people at your Spring Game? Not bad.

ASU's numbers you can expect to sort of go up and down. Same with attendance at games. When they're bad, which they have been the last 3 years, it'll be around 50-55K. When they're up, it'll be 60-65K. If they get hot and have a huge year you might see them back in the 70K range like they were in the 80's, but the largely transplant Phoenix demographic and huge number of outstate students at ASU make for large bandwagon swings.

You can make fun of ASU for that, but you're just going to get people agreeing with you. We normally take the B Rabbit defense there and just bitch about it ourselves before anyone else can rag on us for it.

@walblty

http://championsportsviews.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/ducks-post-1-pac-10-spring-game-attendance/

The estimates for ASU at this link are 90% smaller than you present.

Somehow, someway Dave Plati must be behind this.

6,000 is probably accurate for the spring game. I switched over to actual game attendance since it seemed germane and probably wasn't very clear about it.

welcome man. you guys still excited for the season with all the injuries?

6,000 is probably accurate for the spring game. I switched over to actual game attendance since it seemed germane and probably wasn't very clear about it.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

I find Phoenix/Tempe to be similar to Denver/Boulder in some ways.

Both are top 25 MSA's in big square western states. Both have a large transplant populations. There are several division 1 CFB teams in both states with heated rivalries, and both ASU and CU compete with the local NFL fans for eyeballs and season ticket sales.

Boulder consistently draws >42,000 no matter how bad the team plays. CU will sell out the 53,613 seat capacity several times each year for marquee games. Sometimes that means a contingent of 5k-12k visitors contribute to the sell out.

There's not a lot of energy around expanding Folsom until the fans consistently sell out the stadium and a waiting list for season tickets materializes.

I've got to say that getting 55K-70K to watch the Sun Devils is impressive, given the circumstances. The Sun Devil stadium is a concrete monstrosity with nowhere near the charm as Folsom. It's under a flight path and is subject to brutal 100+ degree temperatures early in the season, both of which detract from tailgating and enjoyment of the setting.

Oh, yeah. Welcome to Allbuffs.

welcome man. you guys still excited for the season with all the injuries?

Losing Bolden hurts since he is the defensive leader and one of our two best players, though there is a chance he'll be back midseason. The other major injury was to Simpson and while it's obviously not a good thing, we have several wide receivers who can fill that role pretty well. It's going to come down to our quarterback. Our defense is going to be pretty nasty, with or without one player. I expect we've got 5 starters on the D side, maybe 6 with Bolden later on, that are going to be in the NFL when their time is up. It's all going to come down to turnovers.

So yeah, still excited, but cautiously optimistic. We've been told we're going to be great before. Starting with Mizzou, at Illinois and then USC means we'll know an awful lot about ASU by October.

i find it interesting we are joining a conference that is significantly less attended in Spring games than the one we left....but it's still a nonplus awesome move.

TV deals, hooray. everyone is going to make that money in the next 2-3 years. still? somehow this is a better football conference?

i don't see that. maybe CU is better in it, but the automatic idea that the PAC is better than Big XII is just plain wrong.

believe what you want, but the old Holiday Bowl was Pac #2 v. Big XII #3....and sometimes 4 when the Big XII had two BCS teams.

the Big XII owned the Pac in the basketball "Hardwood" series or whatever it was called.

Back