What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 South Standings

This is what I love about AllBuffs; a thread started about how CU is leading the Pac12 South for the first time ever and then devolves into a discussion about wedding dates and revoking man cards. Awesome.

But this morning the Buffs are ranked in the top 25 again and leading the Pac12 South so the sun is shining brighter and I feel like all is right in the world again.

CU starts winning and Allbuffs has doubled in members... where were all these freaks when we had been up all night contemplating the firing of hawkins then Embree?
Well, at least one of those new members came over to Allbuffs because Buffzone turned off their commenting section. I didn't really even know about Allbuffs but I'm glad to be here. And yes, I suffered through the Hawkins and Embree tenures right along side you all. Go Buffs!

Well, at least one of those new members came over to Allbuffs because Buffzone turned off their commenting section. I didn't really even know about Allbuffs but I'm glad to be here. And yes, I suffered through the Hawkins and Embree tenures right along side you all. Go Buffs!
I've always said that it's the Buff spouses that suffer the most...

I've always said that it's the Buff spouses that suffer the most...
win or lose, this is true. It might be worse when we win, honestly.

My girlfriend and I had a deep semi-drunk (well, I was, victory beers after all) discussion on Saturday about how stupid I'm going to be this year if we keep winning and that I hope she's ok with that cause well **** **** 10 years ya know?

My girlfriend and I had a deep semi-drunk (well, I was, victory beers after all) discussion on Saturday about how stupid I'm going to be this year if we keep winning and that I hope she's ok with that cause well **** **** 10 years ya know?
She told me it wasn't that deep. In fact, she described it as "drunk and semi-deep"

I've been here years but only signed up back in July/august so I was here before the rise. I'm a little embarrassed about my post numbers too but I'm pretty damn excited.

My gf just gives me a look and says "what are you doing"

"I'm reading about the buffs"

"Of course you are"

Every time. Lame.

She told me it wasn't that deep. In fact, she described it as "drunk and semi-deep"

She told me that she isn't sure how she feels about how the cure for the "semi" was when she started whispering "Bobo's catch. Bobo's catch. Bobo's catch" into his ear. :cautious:

I know that certain members (ahem, @duffman) are against moving the goalposts, and that I said that I would be overjoyed with a bowl this season.

However, looking at how the Buffs have played and how flawed the rest of the south looks- the time is now.

We've got to win the P12S NOW because this is the chance we've been waiting for. Get to the CCG and crazy **** could happen.

I'm spoiled; I'm not satisfied with a bowl game anymore. Pac12 champs!

I know that certain members (ahem, @duffman) are against moving the goalposts, and that I said that I would be overjoyed with a bowl this season.

However, looking at how the Buffs have played and how flawed the rest of the south looks- the time is now.

We've got to win the P12S NOW because this is the chance we've been waiting for. Get to the CCG and crazy **** could happen.

Goddammit. I've got this mentality creeping in now, too, and I hate it.

If we go 8-4 and go to a decent bowl game, I want to be happy with that, not griping about how we missed this play and that play and if things had gone differently we would have gone to the CCG, or won the conference, or gone to the ****ing playoffs.

We're not doing baby steps, we're making large strides, and yet there's a total desire for more.

Let's see what happens this week. If the Buffs win at USC, then we're 2-1 in our first three of the four games (@Stanford being the other) that most had as "no hopers" in the pre-season.

Welcome to the "True Fans" site.. you are a glutten for punishment type to marry a Buff.

I like the way you think.

Also, good luck coming to consensus on a message board.

Lets assume for a sec that the worst possible thing happened by which CU lost all remaining games. (Advanced stats projects over 99% chance will not happen based on current performance)

In a 4-8 season, I expect some would some say, "well, coming into the season, the consensus of the board was 5-6 wins. And because of excuses A through Z, the the wheels fell off. But the ceiling of the Buffs and Macintyre has been raised. MacIntyre curb stomped CSU in a fashion last witnessed in 1957. The team led #3 Michigan into the 3rd Quarter, CU registered back-to-back conference wins for the first time since joining the P12. Although we didn't get to a Bowl Game, we need to hold the recruiting class together and give MacIntyre a chance to build depth so that excuses A through Z can be avoided in 2017.

I suspect many Buff fans are stunned with this meteoric fast start in 2015 and still fear that this is a mirage. "CU can't have nice things."
Once CU logs six wins, then it's easy to get complacent and fall into the trap that any win over the magic six is "playing with house money" because all the pre-season geniouses expected 6 wins. And anyone feeling that way would be justified in doing so.

But for CU to rightfully assume our spot as a top 25 team, the players and the fans would be well advised to act like success is expected. These decisive wins are not some gift. The product we are seeing now IS Colorado football. It's hard to act like you've been there (relevance) before when there is a whole new generation of College football fans never seen anything like this from CU and may act like football was invented in Colorado in 2016.

It's going to take ratcheting up expectations and goal posts beyond preseason 6-6 for CU to become something more than a one season wonder. To be a blue blood, we have to act like one, and move those goal posts to align with the team goal of winning the conference.

Both my wife and had a very-drunk discussion after the Oregon game.

Wait, no, that was both of us talking on the big white phone after too much victory vodka. My bad.

It's funny to me. My son called me Saturday night, with his mom, asked about CU. I said, "we beat that ass like they stole something." Well, umm, he repeated it. She was mad at both him saying ass and the game, I could hear her in the background. All good, she got over it lol.

Bet nobody thought they'd see CU special teams.

FB_POW_10.3__1475526123.jpg

This is Allsome for DPrice.. What a kick it was on the 54 yarder and great kicks on kick offs and xtra points. Congrats.

I think you have to fight OU now
Uh oh.

EDIT: I was trying to complimentary, then after seeing Uncle Ken's response, I see how the above was decidedly off-color (unintentionally so), a thousand pardons, (but it is kind of funny).

Last edited:
Back