What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Standings & Tournaments

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Men
Team
Conference
Overall
Remaining
Oregon​
16-2​
27-4​
Seed​
Arizona​
16-2​
27-4​
Seed​
UCLA​
14-3​
27-3​
WSU, #3 Seed​
Utah​
11-7​
20-10​
#4 Seed​
USC​
10-8​
23-8​
Seed​
Cal​
10-8​
19-11​
Seed​
Colorado​
8-10​
18-13​
#7 Seed​
ASU​
7-11​
14-17​
Seed​
Stanford​
6-12​
14-16​
Seed​
WSU​
6-11​
13-16​
@UCLA​
UW​
2-16​
9-21​
#11 Seed​
OSU​
1-17​
5-26​
#12 Seed​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Women
Team
Conference
Overall
Tourney
OSU​
16-2​
27-3​
#1 Seed​
Stanford​
15-3​
25-5​
#2 Seed​
UW​
15-3​
27-4​
#3 Seed​
UCLA​
13-5​
22-7​
#4 Seed​
ASU​
9-9​
18-11​
#5 Seed​
Oregon​
8-10​
18-12​
#6 Seed​
Wazzu​
6-12​
11-18​
#7 Seed​
Cal​
6-12​
18-12​
#8 Seed​
USC​
5-13​
14-15​
#9 Seed​
Colorado​
5-13​
15-14​
#10 Seed​
Arizona​
5-13​
14-15​
#11 Seed​
Utah​
5-13​
16-13​
#12 Seed​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Final stretch of the season.

On the Men's side, the target is to finish the conference season at 9-9 so there's a shot at making the Dance.

On the Women's side, the target is to finish .500 or better overall to have a legit shot at making the NIT.

For the conference tourneys, the Men are best served by the 7-seed so that the opener isn't against an RPI killer scrub opponent.

The Women need to bank wins, so a best case would be finishing high enough to avoid Oregon or ASU in the 1st round.

Final stretch of the season.

On the Men's side, the target is to finish the conference season at 9-9 so there's a shot at making the Dance.

On the Women's side, the target is to finish .500 or better overall to have a legit shot at making the NIT.

For the conference tourneys, the Men are best served by the 7-seed so that the opener isn't against an RPI killer scrub opponent.

The Women need to bank wins, so a best case would be finishing high enough to avoid Oregon or ASU in the 1st round.
I expect we lose to OR then sweep the last 3 at home. 9-9 is heckuva record after starting 0-7. Sure the schedule sucked, but if the team was playing half-decent we would have beat ASU, both Washingtons and probably USC. Huge lost opportunity, but still a chance to make something of the season. Tonight's game v OSU didn't grow my confidence for the P12 tourney though - thought maybe we had outgrown the inconsistent play, but it appears perhaps not.

On the men's side, Cal plays at Stanford tonight, 8pm on FS1.

Women's games:

#11 Oregon State at COLORADO, 8pm
Oregon at Utah, 6pm
Washington State at USC, 7pm
Arizona State at Arizona, 7pm, PACN
#9 Washington at #18 UCLA, 9pm, PACN

Wazzu just knocked off ASU.

Buffs tied with ASU at 6-9 and WSU is a game behind at 5-10.

With Utah losing at Oregon State tonight, the Buffs are now looking at the possibility of a 6-seed in the P12T if they can win out.

On the women's side, the win today and a lot of other games going well has the Buffs in a 4-way tie for 7th. 8-seed is a very real possibility (don't have the tiebreaker with USC & they probably win at Arizona). All bets are off if the Buffs upset Washington, though.

WBB get Wazzou again in the first round. Despite what happened yesterday in Pullman this is a winnable game. And a win would of course improve their odds of getting a WNIT bid.

On the women's side, I am surprised Utah ended up 12th. Coaches sure didn't know what they were doing in the preseason poll. Oregon State was picked to finish 5th. Arizona was picked to finish last, with CU 11th. Utah was picked to finish 8th. UCLA was supposed to win the conference.

On the women's side, I am surprised Utah ended up 12th. Coaches sure didn't know what they were doing in the preseason poll. Oregon State was picked to finish 5th. Arizona was picked to finish last, with CU 11th. Utah was picked to finish 8th. UCLA was supposed to win the conference.
Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and USC all ended up with the same 5-13 record in conference games. So places 9 thru 12 ended up being determined by the set of tie breaking rules.

conference tournament seeding generator. all D1 conferences, men's and women's

link

The job Larry Krystkowiak did at Utah this year was amazing. They were predicted to finish 8th and they finish in the top 4 again. I hate to say it but he is owning Tad right now. (and the past 7 games)

Here is the +1 for everyone.
1. Oregon -
2. Arizona -
3. UCLA -
4. Utah +4
5. USC +2
6. Cal -2
7. Colorado -2
8. ASU +3
9. WSU +3
10. Stanford -
11. Washington -5
12. OSU -3

Krystkowiak is my choice for Pac12 coach of the year and Romar at some point really needs to be on the hot seat.

The job Larry Krystkowiak did at Utah this year was amazing. They were predicted to finish 8th and they finish in the top 4 again. I hate to say it but he is owning Tad right now. (and the past 7 games)

Here is the +1 for everyone.
1. Oregon -
2. Arizona -
3. UCLA -
4. Utah +4
5. USC +2
6. Cal -2
7. Colorado -2
8. ASU +3
9. WSU +3
10. Stanford -
11. Washington -5
12. OSU -3

Krystkowiak is my choice for Pac12 coach of the year and Romar at some point really needs to be on the hot seat.

Unfortunately I think you are right. Krystkowiak (glad you spelled it) has exceeded expectations since he got there and he looks like he will be able to maintain it. He is doing it with a lot of kids who aren't high priority recruits for other PAC programs. He has a couple but most of his team didn't disappoint any top 20 teams by picking Utah.

Playing Washington State. All we need to do is win four games in four days and beat either Oregon, UCLA or Arizona. Piece of cake!

Back