What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 hires MGM's George Kliavkoff to replace Larry Scott as commissioner

Disney or an analyst mentioned around their last earnings call that increases would be coming. my guess is they are holding the price for now in order to attract as many subscribers possible before slowly nudging prices up

Oh yes those price increases are indeed coming. ESPN+ is one of those rumored platforms for NFL Sunday Ticket's new home as far as I know at this point.

After the last three nights, I will support any PAC-12 commissioner candidate who gets rid of Bill Walton as a color commentator.

OMG, that man offers NOTHING to my enjoyment of the game.
I guaranteed the next commissioner won’t be able to fire him.

Last night was peak Walton and Pasch though.

When Walton asked him if he had ever been to Corvallis and there was a full 2-3 seconds of total dead air before Pasch was like, "I've been there with you".
I laughed at that one. Walton may be a hippy, he'll still have you laugh at some point. That was the greatest shot in the history of Pac 12 basketball or that was the greatest pass in the history of Western Civilization, just to name a few. There are a ton more.

When Walton asked him if he had ever been to Corvallis and there was a full 2-3 seconds of total dead air before Pasch was like, "I've been there with you".

Wasn't that also the one where after a second or 2 Walton said "I'm gonna take that as a no"

I also liked the one where he said something about Pasta Jay's then Pasch said if you had Pasta Jay's on your Walton bingo board cross that one off lol

Last edited:
Wasn't that also the one where after a second or 2 Walton said "I'm gonna take that as a no"

I also like one where he said something about Pasta Jay's then Pasch said if you had Pasta Jay's on your Walton bingo board cross that one off lol

You're right - he did say that. Any other game, I'd have been laughing my ass off. Yesterday, it barely registered til later.

I think that’s pretty funny. Give me that over some dry color commentator any day. That job is basically the Vannah White of sports - there to add some entertainment value not to serve any important purpose.

Go back and forth on Walton.

Drives me nuts when his mind is off on some tangent and it is like the game isn't even being played. At other times he adds some real basketball commentary that can show that he really does have a deep understanding of the game, goes well past the normal surface clichés that so many of the color guys bring.

When he distracts from a good game I don't like him. In the PAC where the refs can try to take over games and where some of the coaches purposefully have dull teams he can be entertaining.

Might all depend on what they had in stock at the dispensary his last trip in.

Go back and forth on Walton.

Drives me nuts when his mind is off on some tangent and it is like the game isn't even being played. At other times he adds some real basketball commentary that can show that he really does have a deep understanding of the game, goes well past the normal surface clichés that so many of the color guys bring.

When he distracts from a good game I don't like him. In the PAC where the refs can try to take over games and where some of the coaches purposefully have dull teams he can be entertaining.

Might all depend on what they had in stock at the dispensary his last trip in.
Buffs hit a 3 to go up by 1 with minute left and Bill Walton is talking about the Colorado River and then asks Dave Pasch if he's ever been to Sudan.

Bill Walton is very impressed with himself. He thinks he's witty and funny. He's not. If he could stick to 90% basketball analysis and stop finishing every analyst thought with the word 'please', he'd be more enjoyable to listen to.

It was distracting and kinda stupid at those big moments
will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

Meh, basketball really doesn’t need any commentary so as long as they’re not cutting away from the game to put him on camera it doesn’t bother me.
This needs to stop at all times. Stop putting video of someone talking in the same screen as live game action. It is so so so stupid. ESPN did this all the time the last few weeks talking to Lunardi or some other clown while a game was going on.

This needs to stop at all times. Stop putting video of someone talking in the same screen as live game action. It is so so so stupid. ESPN did this all the time the last few weeks talking to Lunardi or some other clown while a game was going on.
But tell us how you really feel about it.

Buffs hit a 3 to go up by 1 with minute left and Bill Walton is talking about the Colorado River and then asks Dave Pasch if he's ever been to Sudan.
Hey! Get it right. It was SOUTH Sudan! Walton's the best color man this side of Fred Willard in Best in Show!

Back