What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Tournament

Tip off same time tomorrow nite.

There's no sleep for Buff fans in the PAC 12 tourney for basket buffs.

Pac12 Conference Tournament Semifinals

Arizona (22-10) vs Oregon State (19-13): Arizona, fighting for its NCAA Tournament life, faces a suddenly smoking hot Oregon State team led by Jared Cunningham. The 'Cats have to be liking their chances about this favorable semifinal matchup, but overlooking the Beavers would be a mistake. OSU can score points in bunches, has more talent than you'd expect, and is clicking at the right time. This should be an entertaining game. OSU is deep -- so I wouldn't count on OSU running out of gas and Zona crusing to an easy win. At 19-13, Oregon State looks to be in pretty good shape for an NIT bid, reeling off 4 straight wins after losing dropping 5 straight in February.

Colorado (21-11) vs California (24-8). Cal's win over Stanford in the quarterfinals all but locked up an NCAA tournament berth for the Bears. For CU, it's a matter of having to win the entire conference tournament. Colorado matches up pretty well with Cal, and Cal's complete lack of depth should be a nice advantage for the Buffs if we can push the pace and get the Bears into foul trouble.

Last edited:
Oregon State leads Arizona 34-27 at halftime.

Lets go Beavs!!

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure we don't match up better against UA at this stage ... OSU might be the hottest team in the tourney right now, and UA is without guard Josiah Turner (suspended indefinitely).

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure we don't match up better against UA at this stage ... OSU might be the hottest team in the tourney right now, and UA is without guard Josiah Turner (suspended indefinitely).

You're never going to have a more golden opportunity in a conference championship game than facing a 9 seed Oregon State squad, IMO.

Regardless, first things first, and Arizona is making a run and has taken the lead

Looks like Oregon State is simply running out of steam, do they have a rally left in them? 56-44 Zona

Arizona to the Finals. At 23-10, the 'Cats still probably need to win the Conference Championship tomorrow to make the Dance, although their name could perhaps carry them to an at-large with a loss tomorrow. However, that loss to ASU to end the regular season put a major dent in 'Zona's chances, to put it lightly. Nice run for Oregon State here in LA, but at 19-14, will it be enough for an NIT bid? Not sure, given how many Pac teams appear to be NIT bound. You can only take so many teams from one conference

Arizona to the Finals. At 23-10, the 'Cats still probably need to win the Conference Championship tomorrow to make the Dance, although their name could perhaps carry them to an at-large with a loss tomorrow. However, that loss to ASU to end the regular season put a major dent in 'Zona's chances, to put it lightly. Nice run for Oregon State here in LA, but at 19-14, will it be enough for an NIT bid? Not sure, given how many Pac teams appear to be NIT bound. You can only take so many teams from one conference

Only way OSU makes the NIT is if the P12 gets a surprising number of NCAA bids.

Only way OSU makes the NIT is if the P12 gets a surprising number of NCAA bids.

Should have been better than they were this year. They've got some decent talent and showed flashes, but just couldn't sustain any consistency whatsoever.

If 3 Pac teams somehow make the Big Dance, then they've got a prayer of the NIT, but certainly wouldn't count on that happening. It appears they'll be CBI bound...

Congrats! I am shocked by how well the Buffs have done, but clearly you guys have a good team. I'll admit that I wanted you guys over Cal, though I don't consider tomorrow's game an easy win at all. In fact, I think it is anyone's game. At least the championship game should be interesting!

Why would you guys even have easy win in your mind? We split the season series with you and played ya'll pretty tough in AZ if I remember.

I didn't mean to imply that we would. I just meant to say that I would rather see you guys before Cal, but despite that, it will still be a tough game. I don't even know who will be the Vegas favorite. Both teams are sure to be seen as upsets to be in the championship game.

Last edited:
Why would you guys even have easy win in your mind? We split the season series with you and played ya'll pretty tough in AZ if I remember.

Yo ... don't jump on the UA bro right off the bat. He's coming with respect ... but he has a point in that UA has been in these kind of clutch games in the past more than we have.

Let's keep it cool unless/until he exhibits asshole behavior. :thumbsup:

Congrats! I am shocked by how well the Buffs have done, but clearly you guys have a good team. I'll admit that I wanted you guys over Cal, though I don't consider tomorrow's game an easy win at all. In fact, I think it is anyone's game. At least the championship game should be interesting!

Look forward to tomorrow. I believe both our teams are worthy of being in the NCAA Tournament, but alas, it looks like only the winner will get in (unless Zona loses but you get in solely because of your name again :lol:). Should be an exciting game - and I would imagine that this is just the beginning of many high stakes CU/Zona basketball games that will take place in coming years.

I know many Cats fans think that we MAY be in, but I don't believe that. I think Cal and the winner tomorrow gets into the tourney. While surprising, I agree, that if you win, you deserve to be there. After all, you would have just defeated two of the perennial powers in the conference. Clearly I want AZ to win, but if we don't, I hope you guys take the spot of Washington! :) And, I for one would enjoy seeing great success for the Buffs in the future, as your success helps the Pac-12 as a whole.

I know many Cats fans think that we MAY be in, but I don't believe that. I think Cal and the winner tomorrow gets into the tourney. While surprising, I agree, that if you win, you deserve to be there. After all, you would have just defeated two of the perennial powers in the conference. Clearly I want AZ to win, but if we don't, I hope you guys take the spot of Washington! :) And, I for one would enjoy seeing great success for the Buffs in the future, as your success helps the Pac-12 as a whole.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the committee throws out the RPI this year. I mean, look at RPI #20 Southern Miss's resume and try to tell me they're better than all the 20+ win Pac-12 teams in the 60s. The eyeball test has to count for something.

We've got a pretty strong case against most every other Pac-12 contender:

2-1 record against Cal
2-1 record against Oregon
1-0 record against Washington (beat the crap out them, 87-69, quite frankly)
1-1 record against Arizona

That loss to Arizona State to end the regular season, really, really hurt you guys. You were in such great shape until then. The latest RPI update has Colorado 71st and Arizona 76th. I'd love to be wrong, but this looks like a situation tomorrow of the loser being NIT bound. It's a shame, I think right now we're both NCAA Tournament quality teams.

Its great to see reasonable opposing fans on the site. Welcome!

**** condescending nebra... i mean arizona. We deserve this game as much as you do. **** off.

Here come the assholes.

Go Buffs.

I still don't see how Arizona is even in the discussion for an at-large berth, their body of work isn't any better than ours and we're not in the discussion.

Moot point for tonight's winner though. :thumbsup:

Back