What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 TV Deal with FOX+ESPN, worth $250m per year according to NYT

wilner reporting 21 mil per school. Maybe the conference is gonna get its $ from the channel?? Also, Utah:

@theupsetblog: Utah's share of the $19 mil/yr of Pac-12 TV $-- '11: 2.5 mil - '12: 4.75 mil -- '13: 9.5 mil - 14: 14.25 mil - '15: 19 mil

Edit: that acutally makes a lot of sense... who gets the extra $$ from Utah not getting a full share? The schools, or the conference? If the conference does, it gives them cash while they get the channel up and going, then they can just use the channel...

I just heard the Pac-12's TV deal and I....

[video=youtube;YOE9kiXPvBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOE9kiXPvBA[/video]

These pants are going in the garbage can, no amount of dry cleaning can take care of this much jizz.

wilner reporting 21 mil per school. Maybe the conference is gonna get its $ from the channel?? Also, Utah:

Edit: that acutally makes a lot of sense... who gets the extra $$ from Utah not getting a full share? The schools, or the conference? If the conference does, it gives them cash while they get the channel up and going, then they can just use the channel...

I hope CU doesn't get that same treatment.

Didn't we hear some reports that CU will get a bit less the first year?

we get 2.5 first year, then full share. none of that utah nonsense for us grownups :lol:

Oh, and someone has finally noticed....
Dennis Dodd: The Pac-12 deal will actually be the richest in history -- 12 years, $3 b, $20 m+ per school, per year, to be announced Wednesday per http://CBSSports.com. http://bit.ly/mldRYq

Last edited:

No we never heard that, CU will be a full-share partner from the start. What you are probably confusing this with is that the rights themselves don't take effect until 2012 so there will be a one year gap in the contracts before these payouts hit. The shortfall is in 2011 when we get a share of the incremental TV revenue from joining (potentially a little extra as well).

Nope. I remember the press conference here in Utah that Utah will get a smaller share the first year, but Colorado will get a full share. Utah fans were shockingly acceptive of that.

I can't wait to see the Big 12(10) and east coast bias idots spin this. They kept saying the media contract numbers we were seeking were unrealistic because:

1. The Pac 12 footprint is not big into college football/basketball
2. The timeslots are not ideal for east coast media coverage.
3. Adding Colorado and Utah didn't enhance the conference much.

Well all I can say to those folks is suck it!! The west coast is(was) a barely tapped college sports media paradise. The number of TVs in the footprint is absolutely huge(which is the driving factor behind money). The east coast will still get their coverage thanks to ESPN exposure. We also happen to be the fasting growing sector in the country along with the southern states. Scott = Comissioner God!

also:

scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

The best thing besides the $$$$$$$$$$ is the coverage the PAC-12 will be getting in sports. All Fox networks, all espn networks, the PAC-12 Network, and the PAC-12 version of ESPN 3... I dont think it will be possible to miss a game... ever.

Did anyone think he was capable of this allsomeness? I mean, I know it would be good, but this is epic.

It's like we hit the lottery with 11 of our neighbors.

This is going to mean so much for CU athletics. I actually have some hope to see swimming and baseball make a return. Holy cow, I'm tearing up. Seriously. It's like the bad memories of 1980 are finally being washed away.

The PAC 12 will make $50 million more per year on TV than the NHL does.

It's like we hit the lottery with 11 of our neighbors.

This is going to mean so much for CU athletics. I actually have some hope to see swimming and baseball make a return. Holy cow, I'm tearing up. Seriously. It's like the bad memories of 1980 are finally being washed away.

Heck yeah! And we're already scheduled to move out of the trailer park. Oh, great day!

No we never heard that, CU will be a full-share partner from the start. What you are probably confusing this with is that the rights themselves don't take effect until 2012 so there will be a one year gap in the contracts before these payouts hit. The shortfall is in 2011 when we get a share of the incremental TV revenue from joining (potentially a little extra as well).

Yep. The $2.5 million first year share was for 2011 to account for our percentage of the Pac-12 championship game rights, which were outside the existing Pac-10 media deal.

Back