What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

****Pac-12 Will NOT expand*** per espn and wilner

Texas:
1239023890_showoff-touchdown-fail.gif

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott pulled the plug on possible expansion, notifying Texas and Oklahoma that his league was staying put at 12 teams.
Scott could have gotten the nine votes necessary to have the Pac-12 presidents vote to approve the additions of Texas, OU, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, but the commissioner decided the Longhorn Network and all the trappings of the Longhorn Network were not worth the hassle and ended all negotiations, a source familiar with the discussions told the Statesman Tuesday night.
From the UT mouthpiece hisself: thanks, but no thanks to UT and their "friends". http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2011/09/20/pac12_pulls_the.html?cxntfid=blogs_bohl_games

a
nd other source confirms what we've all been saying:

slmandel Stewart Mandel

RT @PeteThamelNYT: Pac-12 decision came down Scott meeting with Texas and realizing no way conference could be one of equals. So they passed

Texass must have had one hell of a surprised look on their face.

Annd for fun:

VicLombardi Vic Lombardi

I can see the Oklahoma schools moving to the SEC. The Kansas schools going to the Big10. That leaves Texas in the WNBA.

2 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

167118_167301926648701_167299386648955_352874_5438426_n_normal.jpg

eamonnbrennan Eamonn Brennan by SIHolly

Breaking! Pac-12 presidents look around at each other, say "Wait, why are we doing this again," realize no one has a good answer.

http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#

48 minutes ago

Last edited:
My okie friends Facebook status's are priceless!!! My favorite : "the PAC 12 doesn't want us? Huh??". Cocky ****s

Damn, that would have been totally awesome having OU and UT in the Pac. I'm so disappointed.
so, sacky, what does it feel like to have been 100% right? I mean, its like Larry Scott has been closely watching every single post!

We were looking at 4 bad cultural fits.

The #1 candidate didn't want to play by the same rules as everyone else.
The #2 candidate was publicly calling out #1 for being a conference killer.
#3 and #4 were repetitive markets being dragged along.
#2, #3 and #4 aren't even AAU members on the academic criteria.
None of the four fit or even seemed to respect Pac-12 culture.

It's nice to see that sometimes it's not all about the money. I love our new conference.

:dance4::dance2::dance::thumbsup2::gobuffs::thumbsup::slayer::congrats::moon::hitit::perfect10::rock3::drunk::haha2::dance3::dance5::dance6::finger::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

:nod:

to be fair, its the Pac 12 Presidents that are against it. I think Larry Scott personally wants to expand.

And I dont know why you're all so happy, this isin't over yet. Could be two days or two years but the rumors will start up again. And it's also possible that the Pac-12 is just posturing to get UT to agree to their terms.

And I dont know why you're all so happy, this isin't over yet. Could be two days or two years but the rumors will start up again. And it's also possible that the Pac-12 is just posturing to get UT to agree to their terms.
UT isn't going to agree to equal terms. It's Texas.

Do you have to try to suck or does it just come naturally for you?

Or that the Pac 12 Presidents are happy with their 3 billion dollar network and have no need to share with others at this time.

All of the schools in the pac-16 would have been equal, but Texas would have been more equal than the others. Good riddance!!!

Or maybe the Pac 12 Presidents saw that UT is a soul crushing sucubus and they decided they wanted no part of them. I think that's the most likely explanation.

Larry Scott's job is to maximize revenue. The job of the presidents & chancellors is to protect the culture of the conference. Both are doing their jobs.

The rumors won't stop. Money will always be enticing. Big 12 doesn't look like it will ever be stable. But we needed to buy this time. In 5 years, population trends and commitments by various programs out west to facilities and academic improvements could mean that it would make sense to go to 16 through 4 teams in the mountain and pacific time zones. Or it could mean that we're able to pull our 4 teams from the central time zone in a way that would be completely on our terms.

It's ok to be happy, JRK. I worry about you. Do you smile? :smile2:

Larry Scott's job is to maximize revenue. The job of the presidents & chancellors is to protect the culture of the conference. Both are doing their jobs.

The rumors won't stop. Money will always be enticing. Big 12 doesn't look like it will ever be stable. But we needed to buy this time. In 5 years, population trends and commitments by various programs out west to facilities and academic improvements could mean that it would make sense to go to 16 through 4 teams in the mountain and pacific time zones. Or it could mean that we're able to pull our 4 teams from the central time zone in a way that would be completely on our terms.

It's ok to be happy, JRK. I worry about you. Do you smile? :smile2:
slowsmile-1.gif

Im really surprised, I thought this was a done deal. Great news. Really shocked Texas thought they deserved different rules than everybody else. Hmm, didnt know they were like that.

Wait I heard from at least 400 assholes that this was inevitable!

I am very happy that our conference used sound judgement and didnt just jump at a big pile of cash. I have been bothered by all of this expansion and super conference **** for a long time and I felt like I was the only one. Thank god I wasnt.

I now have complete faith in Larry Scott and am looking forward to a few quiet and fun years in the P12.

Oh and **** atm for getting all of this **** started in the first place. Totally ruined my early season. What are the odds that the new B12 love fest which is about to ensue gets aggie back in the fold. Stupid mother****ers.

We all realize the state of this, but still you can go **** yourself. If you tried could you contribute any less to this place?

Again, whether the 4 come over later isn't my concern (although I'd like it to stay at 12). My concern is getting Colorado football back on the map before these big facility programs like OU, OSU and Texas come in. Much easier to that now than it would being stuck in the East Division with 4 of the Big 12 South.

Outstanding news. Sure, there will be more rumors but for now, I like what i'm hearing. **** YOU TEXAS.

Back