What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

****Pac-12 Will NOT expand*** per espn and wilner

The best part is that Texas did this to themselves. I am still laughing at the fact that they have no major cable/dish carriers for the LHN and now that the Big 12/NCAA has put the kibosh on conference games and high school games on the network, all they get is 24 hour streaming of Deloss Dodds and Mack Brown pulling their shorts out of their ass crack and taking bubble baths with their rubber duckies. I bet that this network is going to end up being an ESPN 3 type online network.

In the meantime the Pac 12 network is going to be providing all of the Pac 12 schools with as much coverage with 1000 times the viewership with our cable and eventual dish partners. The revenue will probably be as much or more as UT gets from the LHN and continue to grow.

So glad UT is so shortsighted/greedy/arrogant as we blow by them in a couple of years in the TV exposure/TV revenue department.

Last edited:
Maybe you didn't realze this but I'm an AllBuffs award winner :nod:. My posts make people orgasm. My threads have have be known to cure the worst of diseases. Some super-models have dedicated their lives to trying to figure out my real identity just so they can come and spend 10 seconds with me with me. My opinions have been studied and taught at the finest universities in the world. My presence here alone was rumored to make Hellen Keller rise from the grave, see a beautifull sunset and hear the sweet melody of Beethoven's moonlight sonata (which I was the inspiration behind). The Bible refers to me as, and I quote "Jesus on steroids, like a mother-fuc*ing Raptor-Jesus." And there are trillions, literally trillions of other benifits to my presence that I won't mention because I don't want to come of as being arrogant. And yet dispute all of this I'm suppose to be care that Absinthe from Santa Monica doesn't think I contribute anything? Luckily for you I have a solution to every problem in the world. In this case you just don't read what I write. That way you won't be so angry and I won't have to put up with your subsequent girly bitching. Trust me on this, i've never been wrong in my life, well excpet for this one time that I thought I was wrong about something but it turns out I was really right. Now if you'll excuse me Boulder wanted me to create a botanic garden for the city so i'm just going to do that quickly. It will be easy, my piss makes stunningly gorgeous flowers spring out of dirt.

Those are called weeds.

The morning sports talk radio did mention this, this a.m. Before one of their segments they were doing a recap of last nights sports news. The announcer read a statement saying The PAC12 had voted not to expand further, for now.

It's not so much whether or not that's true -- it's just that the radio host made sure to stress the words "for now" in his read.

I love how these folks are blaming CU for this. No, it had nothing to do with you guys. Everybody wants OU and UT in their conference. That's why they had their pick of five different conferences to join, right?

Texas was arrogant, selfish and completely self serving and it destroyed the B12. Last night the found out that the only conference home they will have is the one they just wrecked. I'm just loving that, because they now have no where else to go, that sh!t burger they created called the B12 is what they have to eat.
Chow down you arrogant coxuckers!!

Yes, the OU people are NOT happy about this, to say the least.

From browsing thru some of the comments on newsok.com it sounds like the OU fans are pretty pissed at Boren for ****ing this whole thing up.

Some are, some aren't. There seems to be a good number who think this is all legal, ala the $ec and atm from a few weeks ago. Perhaps that's correct, but I don't remember the $ec taking a vote to say "no expansion".

And I'm not in the throng of folks who think boomer prez Boren f'ed this up with his comments and hard stance. Why? Well, if somehow, unthinkably, miraculously, the b-12-2-1-... (benign) conference survives, they still need a new commissioner.

From browsing thru some of the comments on newsok.com it sounds like the OU fans are pretty pissed at Boren for ****ing this whole thing up.

The whole time that OU and UT were continuing their pissing match, I kept thinking to myself that the way OU was acting, they must have had a standing invite from Larry Scott already. As time wore on, though, it was apparent that there was no standing invite, yet OU kept acting the same way, showing their hand to everyone, openly continuing their war with a potential conference member, etc. It seems that OU should have handled their business like A&M did - get everything in line before speaking a word.

Unless their intent the whole time was to try to get UT to bend, in which case they probably should have waited until the conference actually agreed to and confirmed their demands before getting to the point where LS would tell everyone that the Pac-12 wasn't offering any invites.

Either way, I agree that Boren ****ed this one up.

I understand why people are happy. Not to be the Debbie Downer, but didn't the SEC have the same type of vote about two weeks before aTm joined? Isn't this kind of the don't sue me vote because we said no to expansion, but if OU and OSU put in their paper work to leave then we may have a spot open for them?

On another note, if the Big East collapses, does the mountain west try their damnest now to be the 6th BCS conference?

As time goes on and the PAC12 presidents continue to watch the path of destruction in Texas' wake, this decision will become as final as it can be. All we want is Texas to be Texas and we should never have to worry about them joining the conference.

Excellent morning. :dance4::dance4::dance2::dance2:

Now that I've had a good night sleep on all of this, I have only one thing to say HELL YES!!!

BTW - where are our trolling fuskers?

I understand why people are happy. Not to be the Debbie Downer, but didn't the SEC have the same type of vote about two weeks before aTm joined? Isn't this kind of the don't sue me vote because we said no to expansion, but if OU and OSU put in their paper work to leave then we may have a spot open for them?

On another note, if the Big East collapses, does the mountain west try their damnest now to be the 6th BCS conference?

This. I'm not convinced that the Pac won't expand soon and they issued this no expansion announcement to protect themselves.

Two things on that - I don't believe that the SEC ever voted to not expand in August.

The legal argument seems to be a non-starter to me. If OU, OSU, UT, and TTU went to the Pac-16, and Mizzou went to the SEC, what is Baylor going to do? Sue everyone? The arguments would be a little difficult to make, wouldn't they? Kinda hard to point to one single school or conference that was interfering when the entire conference was splitting to new pastures.

Difference here is: It never got to a vote as Scott didn´t have the votes for an expansion. The Pac 12 doesn´t have to expand, it has the benchmark TV contract in the country ... the SEC, probably, has to.

I guess the Pac will only do something here if Texas ever bends over. And we know how likely that is.

Two things on that - I don't believe that the SEC ever voted to not expand in August.

The legal argument seems to be a non-starter to me. If OU, OSU, UT, and TTU went to the Pac-16, and Mizzou went to the SEC, what is Baylor going to do? Sue everyone? The arguments would be a little difficult to make, wouldn't they? Kinda hard to point to one single school or conference that was interfering when the entire conference was splitting to new pastures.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I know most of the steps we see are done in order to avoid lawsuits/potential lawsuits/arbitration, but iw ould be lying if I could site the specific ***** covering these steps in the process were set up for.

I do remember the SEC having an official announcement that they weren't going to expand, and then about a week and a half later aTm gave there letter to the B12 that they were leaving.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I know most of the steps we see are done in order to avoid lawsuits/potential lawsuits/arbitration, but iw ould be lying if I could site the specific ***** covering these steps in the process were set up for.

I do remember the SEC having an official announcement that they weren't going to expand, and then about a week and a half later aTm gave there letter to the B12 that they were leaving.

Ok, you're right, this is all a smokescreen it will be the PAC 16 by Friday.

Ok it is simple folks.

The Pac 12 WILL expand if UT agrees to equal revenue sharing.

The University of Texas WILL NEVER agree to equal revenue sharing and the demise of the LHN.

Thus the Pac 12 WILL NOT expand.

Tomorrow should be real interesting here in enemy territory.

I have already had several Sooners stop by my office with their "feeling" hurt about the inferrences concerning academic weakness. I have been telling them that simply put, they aren't Stanford or Cal, or Colorado for that matter. It has been fun but I fear it has not helped my career advancement in my chosen industry! : )

lsu freak has done it again... but I can't link to it cause the forum hates the percentage symbol.
Pac12_Standing_Pat.jpg

The Conference of Champions

Pac12locations.png

Is West Virginia between Utah and California?

Maybe you didn't realize this but I'm an AllBuffs award winner :nod:. My posts make people orgasm. My threads have have be known to cure the worst of diseases. Some super-models have dedicated their lives to trying to figure out my real identity just so they can come and spend 10 seconds with me with me. My opinions have been studied and taught at the finest universities in the world. My presence here alone was rumored to make Helen Keller rise from the grave, see a beautiful sunset and hear the sweet melody of Beethoven's moonlight sonata (which I was the inspiration behind). The Bible refers to me as, and I quote "Jesus on steroids, like a mother-fuc*ing Raptor-Jesus." And there are trillions, literally trillions of other benefits to my presence that I won't mention because I don't want to come of as being arrogant. And yet dispute all of this I'm suppose to be care that Absinthe from Santa Monica doesn't think I contribute anything? Luckily for you I have a solution to every problem in the world. In this case you just don't read what I write. That way you won't be so angry and I won't have to put up with your subsequent girly bitching. Trust me on this, I've never been wrong in my life, well except for this one time that I thought I was wrong about something but it turns out I was really right. Now if you'll excuse me Boulder wanted me to create a botanic garden for the city so i'm just going to do that quickly. It will be easy, my piss makes stunningly gorgeous flowers spring out of dirt.

Well played.

I have already had several Sooners stop by my office with their "feeling" hurt about the inferrences concerning academic weakness. I have been telling them that simply put, they aren't Stanford or Cal, or Colorado for that matter. It has been fun but I fear it has not helped my career advancement in my chosen industry! : )
Give 'em hell Wyo...

Yeah, I've been having fun with some of the more die-hard, outspoken boomer fans here at work. I've told some that the Grapes of Wrath has already happened, so don't get your hopes up. Others have received a matter-of-fact and tactful, "I guess we didn't really want you". Been a fun morning.

The whole time that OU and UT were continuing their pissing match, I kept thinking to myself that the way OU was acting, they must have had a standing invite from Larry Scott already. As time wore on, though, it was apparent that there was no standing invite, yet OU kept acting the same way, showing their hand to everyone, openly continuing their war with a potential conference member, etc. It seems that OU should have handled their business like A&M did - get everything in line before speaking a word.

Unless their intent the whole time was to try to get UT to bend, in which case they probably should have waited until the conference actually agreed to and confirmed their demands before getting to the point where LS would tell everyone that the Pac-12 wasn't offering any invites.

Either way, I agree that Boren ****ed this one up.

Agree completely on the bolded part.

I think they should have talked loudly about leaving the conference for the SEC where they were gonna be rich, bitch. But then be publicly humiliated when the SEC presidents voted them down. And then lie quiet for several weeks, maybe a month and then make loud noise about going to the SEC and this time we mean it, and we're gonna be rich, bitch...seriously, and **** you Texas. And then this time get approval from the SEC, as long as the Big XI-II-Iish, promise not sue, except one promises to sue...so what now?

So seriously, I've lost track, can you even tell me what conference aTm will be in next year? As far as I can tell, this has been nothing but embarrassing for aTm and they're being held hostage by Baylor.

In my opinion that model isn't ideal, but we can agree to disagree on that.

It's funny how Bevo fan and Sooner fan, and to a lesser extent okie state fan, all think that the Pac-12 should be grateful that they'd even consider sinking to our level. As Coloradans, we are always aware of the arrogance of Texans, and sadly even Okies, yet they still find ways to amaze us.

It's funny how Bevo fan and Sooner fan, and to a lesser extent okie state fan, all think that the Pac-12 should be grateful that they'd even consider sinking to our level. As Coloradans, we are always aware of the arrogance of Texans, and sadly even Okies, yet they still find ways to amaze us.

I think it's this type of thing that went a long way to poison any deal. The PAC and BIG are different than the other conferences. Taking 3 schools that aren't AAU members, have very different cultures & fanbases, and don't even respect west coast attitudes was a major issue.

Sooner wasn't the problem, though. But bringing in the Cowpokes with them? No way. Texas Tech? No way. I never could quite wrap my head around the Pac-12 accepting programs that the Big 10 or SEC wouldn't consider.

If we could have gone to 14 with Oklahoma and Kansas, I think we'd be the Pac-14 next year. As long as Scott could have shown that the money was there, I can't imagine that the university CEOs would have put up much of a fight.

Back