What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12

Since I know how much you hate Nebraska I thought you guys might find this amusing....

[video=youtube;4pzrvO9x5Sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzrvO9x5Sg&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

The only thing that will be better than this is when Roberson throws one of his own down on you guys!

Stanford played Syracuse tough, but it's another loss for the conference.

USC lost to UNLV and both Washington State (v. New Mexico) and Utah (v. UMass) are down in the first half. Could be another ugly day for the conference.

ASU absolutely destroyed Bzdelik's Wake Forest squad 84-56.

:wow: Good recruiting or not, Bzdelik is going to be in serious jeopardy of getting a third year if Wake keeps this up. I don't even want to imagine what Wake's results in the ACC are going to be if they lost to ASU by 28

Still, another bad day for the Pac...

UNLV took care of USC (2-4) 66-55.

UMass beat Utah (1-4) 90-75

New Mexico 72 Washington State 62. Cougs fall to 2-3

Stanford is definitely pretty solid. One of the two surprises of the Pac-12 so far with Oregon State.

U$C won the battle of USC's today, beating South Carolina 63-60. It's a step in the right direction for the Troajns, I guess, but the Gamecocks are the worst team in the SEC this year. The Trojans are now 3-4 overall.

Oregon St took care of Towson 66-46 to get to 5-1, Cal beat Denver 80-59 to also get to 5-1.

Utah plays UNC-Asheville tonight and will most certainly lose.

Last edited:
U$C won the battle of USC's today, beating South Carolina 63-60. It's a step in the right direction for the Troajns, I guess, but the Gamecocks are the worst team in the SEC this year. The Trojans are now 3-4 overall.

Oregon took care of Towson 66-46 to get to 5-1, Cal beat Denver 80-59 to also get to 5-1.

Utah plays UNC-Asheville tonight and will most certainly lose.

Yup, they have losses to Elon and Tenn St. so far.

UNC-Asheville 87 Utah 65. I must say, I actually find it intriguing to follow Ute basketball this year because I don't think I have ever seen a power conference program be this pathetic. 1-5 and plummeting rapidly. Utes play Fresno State next, so that should be somewhat of an indicator for us

Why the hell is Cal ranked? I don't get it.

Cal's halfway decent. Debatable if they're one of the top 25 teams in the country, but they have a team loaded with veterans. Gutierrez, Kamp and Crabbe are good players and they have some decent depth, too. I think that brutal loss of theirs to Mizzou was just one of those nights. This is obviously a horrendous year for the Pac-12, but I do expect Cal to be one of the 2 or 3 Pac schools in the NCAA Tournament

Looking more and more like Wazzu is another team the Buffs should finish ahead of this year. Cougs fell to 2-4 today with a 64-63 loss to UC-Riverside in Anaheim.

Arizona State trails DePaul 59-52 with under 5 remaining in Orlando

It just keeps getting worse.

Sunday scores:

Washington State lost to UC-Riverside 64-63.
Arizona State lost to DePaul 68-64.

Pac-12 has five (5) schools that already have losing records in this early part of the season where even the bottom teams in conferences typically pad their schedules and head into league play with winning records.

Pac-12: USC 3-4, Arizona State 2-4, Washington State 2-4, UCLA 1-4, Utah 1-5.

Compare this to the other power conferences and the number of their schools that are under .500 already:

ACC: Boston College 2-3
Big East: none
Big Ten: none
Big XII: none
SEC: South Carolina 2-4.

1 Pac 12 team in the top 25 today, CAL. UW, AZ and Stanford all received votes.

There are few interesting non-conf games in December. The P12 need to pick up a few of them to help the RPI.

• Washington vs Marquette (in MSG) (12/6)
  • Arizona @ Florida (12/7)
  • Washington @ Duke (in MSG) (12/10)
  • Arizona vs Gonzaga (in Seattle) (12/17)
  • Stanford vs Butler (12/22)
  • Cal @ UNLV (12/23)

Watching some of this UCLA/Pepperdine game. Wow UCLA looks bad right now.

i can't wait until the p12 network is actually up and running so we can get more of these games, UCLA only available right now on directv w/the sports package.

Btw, I think UCLA looks bad right now b/c they are bad.... Be interesting if they ever get it together this year.

i can't wait until the p12 network is actually up and running so we can get more of these games, UCLA only available right now on directv w/the sports package.

Btw, I think UCLA looks bad right now b/c they are bad.... Be interesting if they ever get it together this year.

From what I've seen of the Pac 12, it doesn't seem like its that strong of a conference. Are we really the 11th best team in the conference? I find that hard to believe

From what I've seen of the Pac 12, it doesn't seem like its that strong of a conference. Are we really the 11th best team in the conference? I find that hard to believe

I find it impossible to believe. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if CU goes undefeated at home this year, and wins 3-4 road games in the Pac 12. That should be good enough for 4th or 5th in the conference. The Pac 12 is a terrible basketball conference. We should be able to capitalize on the rest of the conference's incompetence.

No. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that CU finishes below Utah, Arizona State or USC. You can probably throw Wazzu in there as well. CU will finish somewhere in the middle of the pack - I've been predicting 7th with Buffs right in the middle of the pack somewhere with Oregon and Oregon State. However, the Pac-12 is honestly so horrendous that CU could realistically finish 5th if they continue to be halfway decent, let alone keep progressing by the time league play starts. Tonight's win against Georgia is a strong indicator that the Buffs should take care of business at home this year in conference play, for the most part. There are certainly some very winnable road games on the slate as well. Right now, my guess for their record in Pac-12 play would be 9-9 or 10-8.

Last edited:
I find it impossible to believe. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if CU goes undefeated at home this year, and wins 3-4 road games in the Pac 12. That should be good enough for 4th or 5th in the conference. The Pac 12 is a terrible basketball conference. We should be able to capitalize on the rest of the conference's incompetence.

I would be very surprised, pleasantly surprised, but there is zero chance CU beats Cal, Stanford, Washington, Oregon State, Oregon and Arizona at home this year. The P12 is not a terrible bball conf, they are full of young teams doing what young teams do, struggle to gel and learn the college game early in the season. Arizona and Washington are 2 teams that could make some noise later this year.

I would be very surprised, pleasantly surprised, but there is zero chance CU beats Cal, Stanford, Washington, Oregon State, Oregon and Arizona at home this year.

I'll admit I'm not a huge basketball guy. But from where I sit, not one of those teams compares to what we faced night in and night out in the Big 12. None of them scare me one bit. There isn't a KU, Texas, A&M or Missouri anywhere in that list. We just came from one of the top 2 or 3 basketball conferences in the country. What the Pac 12 has to offer shouldn't frighten anybody on this team.

I would be very surprised, pleasantly surprised, but there is zero chance CU beats Cal, Stanford, Washington, Oregon State, Oregon and Arizona at home this year. The P12 is not a terrible bball conf, they are full of young teams doing what young teams do, struggle to gel and learn the college game early in the season. Arizona and Washington are 2 teams that could make some noise later this year.

The Pac-12 might not classify as "terrible", but this is the worst looking group comprising a power conference that I can ever recall. There are 5 Pac-12 teams under .500 right now, while there are 2 teams under .500 in the other five power conferences combined. The level to which the Pac has been completely destroyed OOC this year is also remarkable. I don't doubt that teams will improve as the year progresses, but this conference is in some serious danger of only being a two-bid league, which would be a complete and utter embarrassment.

Are you saying 0 chance we beat all of them or 0 chance we beat any of them?

Zero chance CU beats all of them at home. I see them losing at least 4 or 5 of those games.
fify. Young team. It was AWESOME to see the Mayor and Ski combine with Dre to lead the team in scoring tonight... but we will be inconsistent.

fify. Young team. It was AWESOME to see the Mayor and Ski combine with Dre to lead the team in scoring tonight... but we will be inconsistent.

Unlike Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State, and Washington, right?

Look, I'm not saying it's an automatic. Just that with the general state of the conference right now, it wouldn't surprise me to see us beat all of those teams at home.

I'd say 2 home losses in Pac-12 play is probably the most likely scenario for the Buffs. I also think we'll see the Buffs win a couple more road games than we're accustomed to because of the inconsistency of the league + average road atmosphere in the Pac-12 will be nothing like what the Buffs faced in the Big XII. Even Arizona is a far cry from what they were last year and has two very unimpressive losses - we've got a fair shot at beating the 'Cats at home.

Back