What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 2017 Class

BuffG

247 & Scout updated their top 25 rankings. Whew. My goodness.

CU is 12th & 17th. Good for 5th(!) in the PAC.
Az, wash, & fUCLA are all top 4 on Scout & fill the top 3 for 247.
Oregon is 8/9. Both rankings have 6 top 20 PAC schools.

There will likely be more 5 star players coming to the Pac that haven't committed yet. Do you think we add another 4* or someone less heralded?

Last edited:
247 & Scout updated their top 25 rankings. Whew. My goodness.

CU is 12th & 17th. Good for 5th(!) in the PAC.
Az, wash, & fUCLA are all top 4 on Scout & fill the top 3 for 247.
Oregon is 8/9. Both rankings have 6 top 20 PAC schools.

There will likely be more 5 star players coming to the Pac that haven't committed yet. Do you think we add another 4* or someone less heralded?

No, we're done.

And our class is right where we want it to be: filling the roster with Top 100 or Top 150 guys who will all be here for 3 or 4 years. Gives us a deep roster with experience and Villanova level talent. Buffs have got to be able to beat teams with 1-and-done superstars with that type of team.

Bruce Pearl #2. Something tells me he'll be back in the broadcast booth in a few years.

No, we're done.

And our class is right where we want it to be: filling the roster with Top 100 or Top 150 guys who will all be here for 3 or 4 years. Gives us a deep roster with experience and Villanova level talent. Buffs have got to be able to beat teams with 1-and-done superstars with that type of team.

don't we have another scholarship open with 4 seniors & only 3 committed or am I missing someone ?

don't we have another scholarship open with 4 seniors & only 3 committed or am I missing someone ?

Depends on how the Euro walkon plays (Alexander Strating). I believe he was brought in with the expectation that he would be put on scholarship next year.

Depends on how the Euro walkon plays (Alexander Strating). I believe he was brought in with the expectation that he would be put on scholarship next year.

Probably best left open for the transfer market anyhow.

Yeah, I personally don't think Boyle is completely done recruiting for this next year's team, but I'm completely fine if the three we got is it. Great class.

As fro PAC 12 - Oregon recently got Troy Brown who is a 5 star, and I think Arizona again will get a good class.

So, on the Pac 12 Network they show the ESPN rankings and 7 Pac 12 teams are in the top 35. So, WTF? CU is not one of them. They have:
1-UA
2-UW
4-UCLA
10-UO
28-Cal
35-ASU
39-USC

Can someone explain to me espn's apparent disdain for CU's class?

So, on the Pac 12 Network they show the ESPN rankings and 7 Pac 12 teams are in the top 35. So, WTF? CU is not one of them. They have:
1-UA
2-UW
4-UCLA
10-UO
28-Cal
35-ASU
39-USC

Can someone explain to me espn's apparent disdain for CU's class?

Simplest answer is they're the only one who don't have Bey as a 4 star. Oh, and they're trash on basketball recruiting.

Simplest answer is they're the only one who don't have Bey as a 4 star. Oh, and they're trash on basketball recruiting.
But why did the Pac Net cite them over the more legit sites? To answer my own question, "Because ESPN had Pac schools at the top."

But why did the Pac Net cite them over the more legit sites? To answer my own question, "Because ESPN had Pac schools at the top."

Actually espn seems to be lower on the PAC than Scout & 247 who have 6 PAC schools in their top 25. Rivals hasn't updated their team rankings. I think it's just because they're the most recognizable brand.

Pac12 monopoly continues... Ucla adds another 5* in Kris Wilkes. They now overtake Az as the #1 class on Scout.

So Michael Porter, who some consider to be the top guy next year, has asked UW for a release. His dad is supposedly in contention for Missouri's staff under Martin, so of course, Porter is now considering Mizzou. To be fair, he is from Missouri.

I'm personally a fan of the PAC12 getting a lot of top talent, as I selfishly want them to play. I also think it's just good for our conference prestige when we have top guys like Porter playing in it. Oh well though...

So Michael Porter, who some consider to be the top guy next year, has asked UW for a release. His dad is supposedly in contention for Missouri's staff under Martin, so of course, Porter is now considering Mizzou. To be fair, he is from Missouri.

I'm personally a fan of the PAC12 getting a lot of top talent, as I selfishly want them to play. I also think it's just good for our conference prestige when we have top guys like Porter playing in it. Oh well though...

You forgot the sarcasm font for the bolded. Lol. Of course he's gonna get hired when the release happens.

In another thread in response to Buffluke, I mentioned that Nevada and UNLV were considered landing spots, because he wanted to get closer to home. He is from LV. You're right to put this news in this thread though, because since this morning, a lot of PAC12 schools have become interested. UCLA was in the hunt when he was in HS. Arizona is apparently in the mix too. Jeter is great and wherever he lands will get a solid teammate with a high ceiling.

Michael Porter officially Missouri bound. Reading up on it, this is less fishy than the usual shenanigans of having a dad hired somewhere to recruit the kid. His aunt is the head women's coach at Missouri, and he has sisters on the team. His dad was also on that Missouri women's staff before taking the Washington assistant job. So, in my conclusion, fishy hiring the dad to Washington to get the kid to commit, him ending up at Missouri ultimately far less fishy.

Arizona just got Akot ('18) to graduate early and enroll next year. I assume this means Bowen has cut Arizona out of contention. Either way, Arizona just got better again, when they didn't really need to.

In another thread in response to Buffluke, I mentioned that Nevada and UNLV were considered landing spots, because he wanted to get closer to home. He is from LV. You're right to put this news in this thread though, because since this morning, a lot of PAC12 schools have become interested. UCLA was in the hunt when he was in HS. Arizona is apparently in the mix too. Jeter is great and wherever he lands will get a solid teammate with a high ceiling.

What Chase Jeter were you watching? The one I watched got pushed around in the post and couldn't stay on the court because of foul trouble. Seems like a great teammate and an even better kid, but I think his ineffectiveness (along with the ineffectiveness of other Duke bigs i.e. Giles/ Bolden) is the primary reason Duke wasn't a more serious title contender over the past two seasons.

What Chase Jeter were you watching? The one I watched got pushed around in the post and couldn't stay on the court because of foul trouble. Seems like a great teammate and an even better kid, but I think his ineffectiveness (along with the ineffectiveness of other Duke bigs i.e. Giles/ Bolden) is the primary reason Duke wasn't a more serious title contender over the past two seasons.

Sure, that's completely fair. I sometimes can be short with my responses/statements. I think Jeter is a great kid and has a lot of potential. The growth he showed between his freshman and soph years was huge imo. He was completely lost as a freshman, but he was playing a lot better as a soph. He can shoot a lil mid-range, has decent athleticism, coordination, and seems to be a very willing teammate. I think he can grow as a player and sneak into the NBA if things fall right for him. Perhaps "great" without any explanation was misleading though....

Don't want to turn this into a Duke thread, since most hate the team. But, Giles was ineffective bc of his injury. Bolden was also injured, but completely lost on D (and not sure on O). K does not play players to just get them seasoning in games, for the most part. Bigs have hurt, but so has the lack of D at the point. I really thought Thornton could be that, so his transfer really hurt. Jackson leaving also hurts, bc he has potential. Bobby K and his disciples have always liked hard man D, and to me, that starts with the first man on-ball. Duke has missed that. Against S Carolina - they just needed more effective guys handling the ball. Tatum and Kennard may be able to get their own shots one on one, but they're not breaking a press with the ball. Last year was a great team imo - better ball handlers (like a Thornton) would have helped a lot against SC. Winning a championship is very much about matchups, and to say Duke wasn't a serious title contender last year is misleading. No, they fell well short in the tournament, but they beat the eventual champ twice. They were a serious contender going into the tournament.

Michael Porter officially Missouri bound. Reading up on it, this is less fishy than the usual shenanigans of having a dad hired somewhere to recruit the kid. His aunt is the head women's coach at Missouri, and he has sisters on the team. His dad was also on that Missouri women's staff before taking the Washington assistant job. So, in my conclusion, fishy hiring the dad to Washington to get the kid to commit, him ending up at Missouri ultimately far less yishy.

Michael Porter's younger brother Jontay committed to Missouri yesterday. He'll allegedly reclassify to '17. He is 6'11" and was considered top 10 in the '18 class. Missouri also picked up 5* Jeremiah Tilmon last week.

Last edited:
Major news that, if it happens, will make USC the favorites this year to win the Pac-12 this year and a favorite to make the Final Four. The 6'10" Bagley is the nation's #1 recruit for 2018. He might reclassify for 2017 and USC is the likely destination.

Major news that, if it happens, will make USC the favorites this year to win the Pac-12 this year and a favorite to make the Final Four. The 6'10" Bagley is the nation's #1 recruit for 2018. He might reclassify for 2017 and USC is the likely destination.

Huge news for sure, but as good as Bagley is, I'm not sure he makes USC favorites over Arizona or the FF. They definitely could do both of course, but prediction wise, Arizona has got to still be Pac 12 favorite imo.

Personally, I like seeing top 5 picks coming to the PAC12 regardless of school. Though, I like it even more when it's not UofA.

I always thought that the PAC had more upside than the Big 12 when it comes to basketball and this class is showing me big time. I got to admit I'm looking forward to basketball more than football this season.

Back