What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PacHoops: #valentinesdaymassacre preview

Those were the days. If Lute had an elite team, you could win your bracket by predicting that they'd flame out. If Lute had only a decent team, you could win your bracket by predicting that they'd go on a run. It was like clockwork. Lute was awesome, but the weird thing about his resume is that the title and the Final Fours are in the wrong years.

Enough about ancient history, though. Buffs are kings of the Pac-12 mountain now. We may as well be talking about those Gail Goodrich UCLA squads.

If Arizona fans aren't careful, they're going to come across as more nostalgic about 12-20 years ago than we are with football. Good lord.

Got me there. Not that familiar with winning A pac-12 championship. Too busy winning multiples. But sincerely, enjoy this while it lasts.

What's awesome-r is our 2012 Pac 12 championship banner. Look for it when you get there. You might not recognize it because Arizona isn't familiar with winning a Pac 12 championship, so here's a picture of it.

DCZYHUSBANDIDPX.20121110182433.jpg

pachoops with a strong uppercut to re-establish equilibrium, but then stumbles before he can completely reverse momentum.

I actually did set my watch to this. Right after I set my Colorado-doing-nothing-relevant alarm.

And while we're at it 1988 was 35-3 in the F4. 1994 was 29-6. 1997 won the title at 25-9. 2001 was 28-8.

Those were the days. If Lute had an elite team, you could win your bracket by predicting that they'd flame out. If Lute had only a decent team, you could win your bracket by predicting that they'd go on a run. It was like clockwork. Lute was awesome, but the weird thing about his resume is that the title and the Final Fours are in the wrong years.

Enough about ancient history, though. Buffs are kings of the Pac-12 mountain now. We may as well be talking about those Gail Goodrich UCLA squads.

gentlemen, we need to get off the dark and ancient (not to mention irrelevant) past. It's pachoops best and most solid ground. (there is a mom joke in there, just waiting to come out).

Anyways, what matters is that pachoops won't even remember the game - his ass gonna be blacked out. unless, of course, he avoids the dark horse in the hopes of saving himself. Which would prove him as soft as his team.

gentlemen, we need to get off the dark and ancient (not to mention irrelevant) past. It's pachoops best and most solid ground. (there is a mom joke in there, just waiting to come out).

Anyways, what matters is that pachoops won't even remember the game - his ass gonna be blacked out. unless, of course, he avoids the dark horse in the hopes of saving himself. Which would prove him as soft as his team.

It's cool, though. I have a lot of respect for Lute and Zona's glory days. I'm old enough to remember Sean Elliott.

Hey pachoops, you might wanna bookmark any of the number of "bubble watch" sites.

After Thursday, you and the cat fans may want to refer to it real often.

Last edited:

If he can even get a beer with how packed that place is pre-game now.

I actually did set my watch to this. Right after I set my Colorado-doing-nothing-relevant alarm.

And while we're at it 1988 was 35-3 in the F4. 1994 was 29-6. 1997 won the title at 25-9. 2001 was 28-8.

Are you sure you got a good look at the 2012 Pac 12 championship banner? Just a reminder, it's in the Coors Event Center where the reigning Pac 12 champions the Colorado Buffaloes play. I'll repost the picture in case you missed it. I really wouldn't want a visitor who helped contribute to this glorious achievement miss a chance to see it.

DCZYHUSBANDIDPX.20121110182433.jpg

I thinking focusing on making Arizona our rivals was a great idea. Even the smack talk is good.

I thinking focusing on making Arizona our rivals was a great idea. Even the smack talk is good.

Just not sure how much of a rivalry it's going to be if they can only make the NCAA one third or one half of the time under Sean Miller. :nod:

Yeah. I just don't know if they're worthy.

That's not fair, Nik. Rivalries are built on mutual respect. Look at Nebraska and Oklahoma--there is so much respect among those two fanbases that it restores my faith in humanity.

Look, just because Arizona has never won a Pac 12 banner--and let's face it, we've won 100% of them--doesn't mean that their fanbase doesn't love their team, just the way we love ours. Their fortune could really turn on that fickle hardwood floor, and they could produce a team that makes it to the NCAA any year now.

We're all worthy Nik. Even the Wildcats.

Yeah. I just don't know if they're worthy.

The biggest thing that suggests Arizona isn't worthy to me is how they responded when they deservedly got shipped to the NIT last year. They showed their true colors, which is that they're weak and gutless. Their 'snub' last year was NOTHING compared to how badly we got ****ed over by the Committee in 2011. They weren't even snubbed last year, they deserved to be in the NIT. CU's snub in 2011 by the Committee was the biggest robbery ever seen in college basketball..that is, until Chen's winner at Arizona was stolen from us last month. However, our Buffaloes showed the heart and grit we have, and fought on, progressing all the way to Madison Square Garden despite the heartbreak. Arizona, meanwhile, acted like the gutless, heartless wimps they are and went out and lost to Bucknell in the First Round on their home court. It's a matter of toughness. We've got it. They don't.

The biggest thing that suggests Arizona isn't worthy to me is how they responded when they deservedly got shipped to the NIT last year. They showed their true colors, which is that they're weak and gutless. Their 'snub' last year was NOTHING compared to how badly we got ****ed over by the Committee in 2011. They weren't even snubbed last year, they deserved to be in the NIT. CU's snub in 2011 by the Committee was the biggest robbery ever seen in college basketball..that is, until Chen's winner at Arizona was stolen from us last month. However, our Buffaloes showed the heart and grit we have, and fought on, progressing all the way to Madison Square Garden despite the heartbreak. Arizona, meanwhile, acted like the gutless, heartless wimps they are and went out and lost to Bucknell in the First Round on their home court. It's a matter of toughness. We've got it. They don't.

Wait, like the toughness to endure one bad call and not lose three of the next four?

It's going to be a lonnnnggggg ****ing week. :lol:

They recognize the CU threat and are nervous. Who can blame them, really. Never expected them to go down without a fight. Maybe they have more heart than we thought, after all, they cut Bucknell's lead from 13 to 2, before finally wilting and losing by 11. Gritty bunch, those Wildcats.

They recognize the CU threat and are nervous. Who can blame them, really. Never expected them to go down without a fight. Maybe they have more heart than we thought, after all, they cut Bucknell's lead from 13 to 2, before finally wilting and losing by 11. Gritty bunch, those Wildcats.

Grit: 65-75, 1:53 remaining. 92-83, final.

Grit: 65-75, 1:53 remaining. 92-83, final.

Grit: Pac-12 Tournament title, 4 wins in 4 days. Grit is Chen's game winning shot. 83-80. Laughable that you'd even try and pretend you actually legitimately won that. The only downside is you you've already lost in your 'fortress' Tucson twice this year in addition to CU. Congrats on fending off Utah at the buzzer at home, though. That's a sure sign of a Pac-12 dynasty. So 'elite' for such a dynasty of a program. Keep fantasizing that you deserve a 1 or even 2 seed. You're about to be exposed, yet again. Glad you'll witness it in person and see who the real toughest Pac-12 environment is. Meanwhile, keep wanking to 1988 as you drift to sleep. Cheers. This is the new Pac-12.

MediaHandler.ashx.jpeg

4f5c091052a39.preview-300.jpg

Seriously, I love this conference. The level of discourse is at a whole other level. If we were still in the Big XII, we'd be dealing with "sheep humping" jokes.

Back