What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pack your bags Hawk!

First of all, I will sadly eat my crow. This team had me believing again with improved play, but once again they **** the bed. And bring Cody in? WTF!!

This team fooled me just like they did after they beat OU in '07.

How about these records...

How the hell would any coach survive this **** at any other BCS school?

Barnett's record from 2001-2005 against the B12 North: 20-5
Hawk's record from 2006-now against the B12 North? 4-14

Hawk has still yet to win a ****ing road game against a Big 12 north team in year 4! How the **** does that happen? Has Baylor ever gone on that big of a streak against tougher south opponents? **** Hawk!
Where's he going - he's got a contract extension and the support of the AD? Just don't schedule Louisiana Lafayette on the road because we would be in deep $hit!

I guess I'll stand up as the lone Hawk supporter. I really don't see the benefit of firing him after this season. If we fire Hawk know we are basically asking for another 3-4 years of rebuilding--why not let Hawk have a season in which we have a mature O-line, a more experienced QB (Hansen), and an improved D-line.
I think your'e taking Valdez's job.beating_dead-horse-gif.gif

There's no logic to even keep Talkins around anymore.. Even the believers and pro-Hawk people see that now, except for maybe DBT.

Am I that bad that not one of you mother ****ers stepped up to defend me? **** you, jimbo. I'm not a Hawkins "believer." Asshat. I just get sick of dicks like you.

As for me, Hawkins isn't the answer and if I were AD, I'd be looking for a better option. But I'd be doing it behind the scenes. I'd suspect that Bohn is doing just that. Making calls. In private.

First of all, I will sadly eat my crow. This team had me believing again with improved play, but once again they **** the bed. And bring Cody in? WTF!!

This team fooled me just like they did after they beat OU in '07.

How about these records...

How the hell would any coach survive this **** at any other BCS school?

Barnett's record from 2001-2005 against the B12 North: 20-5
Hawk's record from 2006-now against the B12 North? 4-14

Hawk has still yet to win a ****ing road game against a Big 12 north team in year 4! How the **** does that happen? Has Baylor ever gone on that big of a streak against tougher south opponents? **** Hawk!

I posted last year that this is a little skewed. NU was in a big funk from 02 to 05. Mizz hadn't hit its groove yet and Reesing didn't come on the scene until 05. That left KSU and ISU as the main competition??

Even CU, based on the previous decade at the time, was well below par as a team. CU just sucked a little less than the others and won the booby prize.

I agree, and said from the start, this ain't the guy for you. I think a hard nosed disciplinarian would be more in line. It may get the community more on board as the players sometimes get a bad rap for stuff they shouldn't. That my bleed over into parents letting kids come, etc.. Perception may be the biggest thing that needs changed in Boulder.

Am I that bad that not one of you mother ****ers stepped up to defend me? **** you, jimbo. I'm not a Hawkins "believer." Asshat. I just get sick of dicks like you.

As for me, Hawkins isn't the answer and if I were AD, I'd be looking for a better option. But I'd be doing it behind the scenes. I'd suspect that Bohn is doing just that. Making calls. In private.

Sorry. I think you were pretty clear yesterday saying Hawk needs to go. If Bohn is not doing what you describe, he is not doing his job. But as you said, I have little doubt that he is doing exactly that right now.

I guess I'll stand up as the lone Hawk supporter. I really don't see the benefit of firing him after this season. If we fire Hawk know we are basically asking for another 3-4 years of rebuilding--why not let Hawk have a season in which we have a mature O-line, a more experienced QB (Hansen), and an improved D-line.

At this time last year I agreed with what you are saying and I will admit that I was one of many who thought that hiring Hawk was a great get when he came in.

I am also a believer that the "good old days of Barnett" weren't that good and that considering that he had not recruited a decent class in two years and had the media scandal over his head he had to go. When Hawk got here the cupboard really was bare, we had little talent, no depth, and worse prospects.

I will give Hawk credit for significantly bringing up the level of recruiting at most positions, we now have a lot of quality young talent. I will also give him credit for cleaning up the media image of the program which is now generally much more positive than even before the so-called scandal hit. I will also give him credit for getting the team up for a few great games including almost beating Georgia, beating OU, beating WVU (once), and this year beating a highly respected Kansas team.

That all said after four years there is no way to excuse the repeated miserable performances like we saw on Saturday. There is no excuse for getting not only beat but kicked by CSU, Toledo, KjSU, all teams that are significantly less talented than we are.

There is no excuse for losing to Montana State, Iowa State, Baylor, almost losing to LOL Eastern Washington.

Hawk insist on screwing around with this team to play his son in his system. I can understand playing Mcknight because he has earned it but to play Ebner and Espy at WR in your fourth year in the program leaves no excuse. We are playing an Adams State recieving corp.

I love the OL talent Hawk has brought in but again they have no continuity, lack individual skill development and have no idea where they stand since they can be praised one week and on the bench the next, just like every other player on the team, at a Hawk whim.

Lastly, what makes you think that there will be significant improvement when in the fourth year of the program, with the coaches son who is supposed to be playing because of his intelligence and mastery of the offense, we can't get a play called, line up, and snapped before the play clock expires on frequent occasions including starting the second half and coming off of time-outs.

Are you that bad that you can't complete a sentence or post without caliing people idots,assholes or mother ****ers?

Potty mouth :smile2:

Are you that bad that you can't complete a sentence or post without caliing people idots,assholes or mother ****ers?

That tough talk flies in the 101st, but here in the 82nd, we don't like none of that swearin' stuff.

Why would you assume that we would necessarily be looking at another 3 or 4 years of rebuilding? That's quite a bold assumption when you look around the country and the only coaches that aren't succeeding more quickly than that are failures.

Besides, if Hawkins has put the program in such a state that after 4 years of him rebuilding it will take someone else 3 or 4 years to clean up the mess... then there's not way in hell we should let him do a 5th year's worth of damage.

Isn't it just as bold an assumption that the next 3-4 years won't be rebuilding years and the next coaching staff will just take off running? I've always wanted to give Hawk 5 years and I'm not going to stray from that statement. If Bohn is unsatisfied with him after next year then I have no problem letting Hawk go. The last thing I would want to see is a new coach come in here next year with a completely new system and we finish 2-10--everybody would chant "it's only his first year--let's give him some time" or "let him get his players first and see what he does". I hate to keep pointing at this, but we are not on par with OU, UT, NU or A&M as far as resources are concerned and I think we need to follow a model more closely exhibited by KU or Mizzou--they have given their respective staffs great support and adequate time to build a program--4 years is too short, imo.

God dammit! You don't get it! Those are terms of love! I was a construction worker in my youth.

Isn't it just as bold an assumption that the next 3-4 years won't be rebuilding years and the next coaching staff will just take off running? I've always wanted to give Hawk 5 years and I'm not going to stray from that statement. If Bohn is unsatisfied with him after next year then I have no problem letting Hawk go. The last thing I would want to see is a new coach come in here next year with a completely new system and we finish 2-10--everybody would chant "it's only his first year--let's give him some time" or "let him get his players first and see what he does". I hate to keep pointing at this, but we are not on par with OU, UT, NU or A&M as far as resources are concerned and I think we need to follow a model more closely exhibited by KU or Mizzou--they have given their respective staffs great support and adequate time to build a program--4 years is too short, imo.

Here's my problem with the thought of giving Hawkins a 5th year: you're betting the farm that he turns it around in year 5. He's shown us nothing that would indicate that it's going to happen. What you're looking at is a disappointing 2009 recruiting class... and a 2010 class that's hanging by a thread and is going south in a hurry if we don't go to a bowl and don't have the excitement of a new coaching staff to promise.

A new regime saves the 2010 class and can sell "we're building something" in 2011 no matter what our record is. If you keep Hawkins for a 5th year, 2010 ends up being a mediocre class. Then, 2011 is a very poor class that would be difficult to salvage with a new regime (since recruiting pretty much goes by what the team did the year before unless there's a "building" story). That's 3 straight below par classes and while a new coach would have a decent chance to win in 2011 with a deep senior class, there simply won't be enough behind them to sustain it. We'd be back in the hole.

The change must happen after this year. Otherwise, we're making a bet that Hawkins turns this ship around for the long-term against the probability of putting the next coach in a major hole.

Edit: Or to put it all into simple terms, even if you bought a car planning to keep it for 5 years you'd turn it in after 3 or 4 if it was breaking down. Wouldn't you?

82airborne_81.jpg
That tough talk flies in the 101st, but here in the 82nd, we don't like none of that swearin' stuff.

Hawk is about to go 4 years without beating a north team on the road, cause I don't see us beating ISU now. ****ing sad!

I'm pretty sure you will beat ISU on the road. Did you watch them yesterday??? They did nothing except recover 5 fumbles inside their 20 and 1 pick at the goal line. How do you finish +8 in turnovers and win 9-7? That should speak to their quality.

If, and that's a biggie, Hawk just runs up the gut, it won't be a game. Their D is soft and O is pretty non-existent.

God dammit! You don't get it! Those are terms of love! I was a construction worker in my youth.

I guess betsy hoffman was a construction worker too, you know, all that term of endearment stuff :lol:

I'm pretty sure you will beat ISU on the road. Did you watch them yesterday??? They did nothing except recover 5 fumbles inside their 20 and 1 pick at the goal line. How do you finish +8 in turnovers and win 9-7? That should speak to their quality.

If, and that's a biggie, Hawk just runs up the gut, it won't be a game. Their D is soft and O is pretty non-existent.

I guess you missed the part where ISU was missing their top 2 offensive players yesterday....

I guess you missed the part where ISU was missing their top 2 offensive players yesterday....

Do you really think they would have made a difference...a probable 28 point difference?

One thing is certain...NU has a standout D this year and 2 average players aren't going to affect it.

Other teams don't take 4-5 years to "rebuild". Look around. We've been sold a bill of goods by Hawkins. We bought his bull$hit hook, line and sinker. Get a real coach in here with some real assistants and we'll be in the top half of the conference and will be challenging for the North. Keep juicebox around and we'll be consistently craptacular.

I was 100% in step with you until last week, and I agree about the next couch will need 3 years to take the next step. I think next years team will be a very good team talent wise, but Hawkins showed me against KSU that he style of coaching will not work for this team. He out thinks himself.

Fake punt from inside you 10. Good coaches NEVER do this.

Pulling Hansen to put in a cold QB to run a 2 min drill is a bad decision. Playing RS games with Hansen and not giving him a chance to be THE MAN is getting to cute for me. Someone said this earlier, but the coaching I am seeing on the field is starting to very closely resemble Ricky. Remember the roll out punt from our own endzone? The major differences between the 2 seem to be 1) Ricky was all about finding just how far he could bend a rule and 2) Ricky had more talented teams so they could over come 12 penalties a game.

Good coaches make decisions and stick with them. I though the QB games last year were more about the situation and youth then anything. But after what happened at KSU, I am not so sure I believe that anymore. Sometimes you have to say screw the tricks and just play football.

I knew when Hawkins came to CU he had a bit of the Ricky game day mentality to him, and it was the 1 thing that worried me. But as long as he could win games, I was willing to put up with 65 yard field goals and fake punts. I view the coaching effort last week about the same way I do someone who bluffs at 4 hearts on the river, with nothing but clubs, and 3 people still at the table.

He continually bluffed on Sat. with hands that should have been folded. Yes his talent is young, and yes this team will have a chance to make a great run next year with the right coach. But unless Hawkins can show me understands what it means to make solid game day decision, I will not be disappointed if we replace him next year. Assuming we go out and make every effort to bring in a top replacement.

Back