What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paging Mr. Chuck Neinas...

stampy

Was Neinas involved in the last search? It seems like Bohn didn't use him, but I don't recall the specifics. I'm going to bypass the angry emails to Bohn and start providing Neinas my thoughts on candidates if I can find an email for the guy. :smile:

Neinas was the brains behind the Hawkins hire. I wouldn't necessarily hold that against him, though. As we've said - as nauseum - Hawk was the right guy at the time.

Was Neinas involved in the last search? It seems like Bohn didn't use him, but I don't recall the specifics. I'm going to bypass the angry emails to Bohn and start providing Neinas my thoughts on candidates if I can find an email for the guy. :smile:

Neinas was as much responsible for bringing in the pigeon as Bohner...

I just think we need to go a different direction this time. Nothing against Neinas.

:nod: we need a real house cleaning... Anything that smacks of last time will outrage the fan base.

Oh please. If Chuck Neinas gets Charlie Strong to interview here, are you or anybody else going to be pissed about it?

Whoever comes in will have a shorter leash than Hawk was given, but otherwise, most folks won't give a damn who was the brains behind the hire. Ultimately, it's Bohn's responsibility anyway.

Oh please. If Chuck Neinas gets Charlie Strong to interview here, are you or anybody else going to be pissed about it?

Whoever comes in will have a shorter leash than Hawk was given, but otherwise, most folks won't give a damn who was the brains behind the hire. Ultimately, it's Bohn's responsibility anyway.
true. But the fans would still scream bloody murder when Neinas got announced. Perhaps a slower hiring process? More then 1 candidate?

Really? I think the next hire is the most important hire this program will make for a long time because we will be stuck with that guy for a while. You cannot buy out two consecutive coaches for a large amount of money and afford to have the new guy on a short leash.

true. But the fans would still scream bloody murder when Neinas got announced. Perhaps a slower hiring process? More then 1 candidate?

More than one candidate is the first important step of the process.

Really? I think the next hire is the most important hire this program will make for a long time because we will be stuck with that guy for a while. You cannot buy out two consecutive coaches for a large amount of money and afford to have the new guy on a short leash.

Our patience has worn thin. There is talent here, today's news notwithstanding. Whoever comes in here doesn't have a complete rebuilding project on his hands. With the talent on this team, the right people could have produced at least 5 wins by now, if not 6. The next guy won't be given four years. Three at the most. Probably more like two, with the expectation that we get some serious improvement.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that Neinas also placed Carroll at USC and Mack Brown at UT. The guy does have a track record.

Here's the 9-minute Outside-The-Lines ESPN profile of Chuck Neinas. Smiling at the end, covering up, trying to distract the more obvious answer. (There's a brief ad you have to sit thru, first...)

[video=youtube;GTbllYGylxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTbllYGylxY[/video]

I think I remember hearing somewhere that Neinas also placed Carroll at USC and Mack Brown at UT. The guy does have a track record.

I dont know about Carroll, but Ty Willingham and Franchione. Did place Urban Meyer at Utah and UF.

I dont know about Carroll, but Ty Willingham and Franchione. Did place Urban Meyer at Utah and UF.

"He recently has completed four coaching searches that concluded with the hirings of Randy Shannon at Miami (Fla.), Butch Davis at North Carolina, Tom O'Brien at North Carolina State and Mark Dantonio at Michigan State.

Over the last decade, Neinas has helped schools hire some of the biggest coaching names in college football: Mack Brown at defending national champion Texas; Bob Stoops at Oklahoma; Tyrone Willingham at Notre Dame, then Washington; Les Miles at Oklahoma State, then LSU; Mark Richt at Georgia, and Dennis Franchione at Texas A&M."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-12-12-focus-neinas_x.htm

Think he had a part in Ron Prince's hire at KSU.

Our patience has worn thin. There is talent here, today's news notwithstanding. Whoever comes in here doesn't have a complete rebuilding project on his hands. With the talent on this team, the right people could have produced at least 5 wins by now, if not 6. The next guy won't be given four years. Three at the most. Probably more like two, with the expectation that we get some serious improvement.

Where is the money going to keep coming from? I would love to say the next guy has to show improvement by year two, but I just do not think that is realistic at all given our financial constraints. I think the next guy will be given four years at least.

Are we going to have talent here when next year starts?

I don't subscribe to pay sites but what I am reading here and at NB from some people is it sounds like there may be a massive exodus of talent on the way.

Back